“Stay Away from room 303, Horrible!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Windy Shores II to your Saves list
Windy Shores II
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3217 S Ocean Blvd, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Sterling Heights
“Stay Away from room 303, Horrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

It was my worst experience ever. I've been renting Resorts for more than 25 years Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan,Aruba, Cancun and Bahamas just to name a few. From bugs to hinges not properly connected to the frame of the door way, lights not wired properly; when turning on and off bedroom lights the living room lights turn on. Popcorn ceiling falling to the floor and on you and your guest. Badly stained bath tub, so bad till you can't get it clean with bleach in a couple of hours. Parking is truly cramped; hated it!
The best thing about the property is the location That's it.

• Stayed March 2013

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
new albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our 5th time to Myrtle Beach at Christmas time, and our 5th different Defender resort location. They might all be the older resorts, but we love the fact that they are super clean, smaller, and quieter. This time we had a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom unit (301) and it was just wonderful! We were a corner unit, so our balcony was open on the end. This balcony is the largest we've ever had! Definitely will come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stay here all the time. It is not new and shiny, but it has everything I want; in fact, I bought a unit here 3 years ago.
On the plus side:
*Oceanfront
*Spacious rooms
*Nice, clean pool
*Polite and friendly/helpful staff
*Neat and clean
*Small - I prefer the smaller, more quiet and private condos
*Location, location, location! Close to shopping, restaurants, golf. It's Myrtle Beach!

Minus (If there are any - these are things I am pointing out for others but they do not affect me in the least)
*Parking is tight. However, I prefer to walk; additional parking is about a block away, and I feel secure leaving my vehicles there.
*Not a lot of activities for families if you are used to that sort of thing
*Short on amenities such as restaurant and fitness center

Room Tip: Choose units away from elevator or stairs. Be prepared for a week of walking the beach, watching the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marysville,Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a two bedroom and two baths. Place was very roomy, with a large ocean front balcony. I have not ever had such a large balcony at the beach before. There was a washer and dryer in our unit that was very nice.
There are a couple of things I did not like. The maid makes the towels into a bird shapes. I felt the towels were already used just because of all the twisting of towels. We did not have enough towels in our unit. I probably could have gotten more towels, by calling the office where ever that was. No office staff on stie. Also parking is very tight. They do have extra parking up the street about one block.
One evening after the maint. man went home he had to come back and fix our unit heating. We did not have heat and it was going to get cold outsiide. He had to call the heating and cooling people to come and fix it. Work got done quickly.
I would stay at this place again. As the location is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were a little outdated when you walked in but the space was amazing. We had three bedrooms and three bathrooms a very nice living area and very spacious balcony with a wonderful view. Would definately go back there.

Also when we arrived there were towel animals in all of the bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2011
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I actually didn't stay here this year but I stayed here a couple years ago and although it was older it was clean. The staff was very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. I wil be staying n the Windy Shore I in a couple of weeks! I can't wait!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Could not sleep because my bedroom was next to the elevators and stairs. It was very noisy with people running up and down the stairs at all hours. People were shooting fireworks on the beach sometimes till midnight. The unit did not feel clean. The floors were sticky and the furniture felt sticky as well. Parts of the ceiling and flooring were in need of repair. The parking was very limited. Be cautious when using elevator because I was stuck in there for a few minutes which can be scary especially when you are 6 months pregnant! They had a rude timeshare owner. While my husband, daughter, 20 month old and myself were trying to enjoy the swimming pool the timeshare owner jumped in the pool and started smoking. My husband asked her to be considerate of the children and not smoke and she told him to shut his mouth because he was not an owner. The only good thing about the stay was the timeshare is located on the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Windy Shores II? Share your experiences!