“Delicious & Authentic Thai in N. Myrtle Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Thai, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Delicious & Authentic Thai in N. Myrtle Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant was a highlight of our trip to Myrtle Beach and we are so glad we found it! The interior of the restaurant is spacious, clean and comfortable. It was fairly busy for lunch time and there was only one person in the dining room handling the tables, so after we waited for a few minutes, someone from the kitchen came out and sat us.

I am half Thai and have lived in Thailand for a few years, so I'm fairly picky when it comes to dining out at "authentic" Thai restaurants. I'm happy to report that this place is, in fact, authentic! Our server even attempted to speak Thai with me! Unfortunately, I only know "nit noy" and that mainly centers on what dishes I order at Thai restaurants!

We ordered sticky rice and chicken satay for my daughters. Let me just say that it is a BIG DEAL that there was sticky rice on the menu. My mother makes it for my daughters all the time and their eyes lit up when they saw it on the menu. it's the only Thai restaurant I've been to that has served it. For myself and my husband, we had the spring rolls, lad na chicken (me) and pad gra pow (him). One thing I loved about my dish is that I didn't have to order it mild/medium/hot. They actually served it the traditional way, with a tray of condiments to tailor your noodles to your specific tastes, which included dry crushed red peppers, seasoned fish sauce, a vinegary pepper mix, etc. My husband's meal was slightly different from what my mother usually makes for him, in that the restaurant uses sliced chicken breast instead of ground and they included peppers and onions, while my mom leaves them out and just uses the Thai holy basil, garlic and hot peppers. Despite the difference, he loved it, as did I. The dessert, however, was icing on the cake. I ordered a banana roti, which is a warmed whole banana wrapped in a roti and drizzled in condensed milk. A roti is kind of a cross between a pancake and a crepe. I hadn't had this dessert in twenty-five years, when I lived in Thailand, and when I bit into it, it brought back so many wonderful memories!

The portions are reasonable, though not enough for us to have leftovers, the prices were great and the service was fantastic. I highly recommend Thai Seasons and only wish that I had placed a to-go order to have some more back at the hotel!

TIP: Don't let your Maps app on the iPhone help you to find this place or you will be driving in circles! We finally gave up after 15 minutes and headed towards Barefoot Landing. Lucky for us, we spotted Thai Season in a older looking strip mall and pulled right in.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Syracuse, New York
“Always the season for Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went for dinner, HIT.THE.SPOT.
Modern decor, clean restaurant, friendly staff.
We had a spring roll and there were 12 pieces WOW that's an appetizer. My bf ordered fried rice and he thought it tasted very light and refreshing. I got a yellow curry and it was very flavorful, sweet and spicy with basil and peas and cilantro. I was full but not bloated. Very satisfied, highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Cozy and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I enjoy dining here. Dont let the outside of the building discourage you from eating here. Inside the place is clean,cozy,and comfortable. The decor is crisp and stylish. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Do not be in a hurry, great place if you want to sit and talk and/or take your time eating your meal. The food is delicious, served hot and the portion size is great, Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
McCormick, SC
“Very good food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We eat Thia food everywhere we go and can say Thai Season has authentic, well prepared Thia food. I like it very spicy and that's how they made. The spring rolls were excellent as was the four entrees served our table. Including our table of four there was a total of ten diners in the restaurant. Nevertheless, receiving our food was very slow.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
woodland twp., nj
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I just finished our meal and couldn't be happier. How lucky we are to have chosen this Thai place. Excellent wonton soup, excellent Thai beef salad, excellent spring rolls and excellent pad pak. Very nice people as well.