“Horrible Management” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Port Dr
Description: SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is the top wine and sophisticated dining destination on the Grand Strand. The only recipient of Wine Spectator's Prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" in the Myrtle Beach area and one of only ten in the entire state of South Carolina. Our chic and sexy dining room is surrounded by a private collection of art from local artists. Our extensive wine list boasts over 500 selections by the bottle and over 50 by the glass. Chef and Owner Kenneth Norcutt searches the globe for the finest ingredients and incorporates them with sustainable locally produced foods. We are very hands on, and are involved in every aspect of the restaurant. Our travels, experiences, and our passion for food and wine enable us to share our restaurant with our guests. Our personal expressions are shown in the menu, the wine list, and the decor. Tracy and I Invite you to...DRINK . DINE . DISCOVER...The SeaBlue Experience.
Surprise, Arizona
“Horrible Management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited Sea Blue last week while on our annual family vacation to Myrtle Beach. When we arrived at the scheduled time my son had miscounted and we had two extra people. The OWNER told us she could not seat us as the table was set for 6. She said two of us could sit at the high top away from the rest of the group. We asked if we could just add a chair at the end of the table next to the wall and squeeze 4 people on the back banquet. She was emphatic that we could not do that. Two very nice people sitting next to the table asked if they could move to made room for us and later told us they could not believe what they were hearing from the OWNER. We should have left but unfortunately did not. The food was average and way overpriced. We bought dinner for the nice couple who moved for us and we will NEVER go back. Unbelievable experience and certainly not one you would expect from what is supposed to be an upscale restaurant. Very bad business.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nmbtax1, Owner at SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Let's start of by saying this is a fine dining establishment with only 14 tables in the entire restaurant. We are a professionally run restaurant that confirms by telephone your arrival and the number of people in your party. We do this so we can maximize our efficiency in this challenging economy and are prepared accordingly for our guests. The reservation was confirmed for six guests. Upon arrival our dining room was full except for the table of six and an adjacent bar height table. The managment provide an alternative that was not acceptable to the young gentleman and the gentleman started to make a loud scene in the dining room and was verbally abusive, and almost physically abusive to a female staff member. We do not crowd our other guests by shoving chairs in the middle of serving areas and walkways. There was an elderly couple (the gentleman had a walker and a prosthetic leg) in the middle of their dining experience. After hearing the gentleman guest berate our managment for not accomodating his unusual seating tactics. The elderly couple was so horrified by this young mans actions that they offered to move to a recently vacant table in the rear of the restaurant. In addition, I confronted the gentleman to discuss my displeasure of his treatment of our staff members. We are all human beings and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated in my house of business, period. We treat all our guests with the utmost respect. This is a small mom and pop fine dining restaurant with well trained adult staff members. They are lucky I let them stay even after several appologies from the gentleman for his aggresive behavior. A word to the wise to his mother. Your son should lay off the extracurricular chemical activities that affected his personality and resonable judgement.

Cheers and Best Wishes,

Kenneth Norcutt
Chef Proprietor

“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

My brother and sister in law took us out to dinner to Sea Blue during our visit to MB this summer. We are a tad bit food snobbish and 9 out of 10 times we are not impressed with the food in any restaurant in Myrtle Beach. Well I have to admit that Seablue knocked me off my food snob pedestel. The food was excellent! The steak is Prime and Seablue is one of the very few places that serves prime meat in the Myrtle Beach area. The is not a cheap restaurant but you definitely get what you pay for......outstanding food. The service was also superb. The entire staff was uber friendly. We will definitely visit Seablue every time we visit my brother.

Columbus, Ohio
“Little Hidden Gem in NMB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

So, we visit NMB somewhat regularly b/c my in-law's have a place there. This was our first and second visits to NMB in 10 days. My hub and I first went on a Friday night arriving at about 10 pm for some wine and nosh after the kids went to bed. We sat at the bar and enjoyed the late evening talk with the staff - specifically bartender Hillary and co-owner Tara (eeps! Tara? I think!). We each had about three glasses of wine and enjoyed the artisan cheese plate. It was a generous plate with a variety of 4 cheeses and golden raisins, pistachios, multigrain crackers, house made jams, warm bread - it was delightful. We also enjoyed the seasonal peach and blueberry cobbler a la mode. Hillary was great and very attentive. I was amazed that in 10 years we hadn't discovered this little gem!
This was a family vacation and we arrived ahead of the other brothers and their families. We decided to return on Tuesday, July 1st with the other brothers and sister in law - Party of 5. We were told on Friday to get in early in the week for a table. We called the same day and were seated on the patio at 8:15. This was understandable based on the size of the dining room. I made the reservation with Hillary and she remembered us. She also, tended our table for us.
With the party of five on the patio, it was a little slow, but understandably because the dining room was packed. I enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits with Goat Cheese, two at our table ordered the Tilefish special, one enjoyed the Sliders and Truffle Mashed Potatoes and the last greatly enjoyed the Duck Breast with Duck Fat Fingerling Potatoes. We all LOVED our entrees and all were worth the wait!!
Our first visit we sat at the bar - the inside is very modern with a lot of blue lighting and stainless steel. The second visit, we took what we could get on the patio. It over looks a beachwear store and the parking lot. Not exactly the ambiance you'd expect for what you pay, but worth it for the food!
We will definitely make our way back to SeaBlue on our next visit to NMB!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Seablue epitomizes multi course grazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Seablue is probably one of the finest upscale restaurants in all of North Myrtle Beach, and that's saying a lot because the area is not without its share of trendy, upscale places to eat. We've been there 3 times in the last 2 months, and the food, service, and ambiance are all outstanding. All three times we've opted for Chef Kenneth's fixed course meal wherein he decides the context and content of each course. It was all beautifully presented, served with excellence, and the taste and quality was outstanding. To top things off, each course is presented with its own wine pairing as selected and presented by Seablue's wine expert, Jason. Jason does an excellent job of not only presenting the wine, he also goes into a little of its history, its region, and why he selected it. The whole experience was a true dining journey of excellence.

• Visited June 2014
La Plata, Maryland
“Fabulous Date Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

On the last night of our family vacation my husband and I went out for a dinner - based on tripadvisor reviews we picked SeaBlue. We were not let down at all. Faith our server was fabulous, she was personable, attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu. Being from Maryland my husband was skeptical about the Maryland Crab Cake app - he said it was done perfectly and tasted just like home. I had the shrimp and grits, shrimp was seasoned well, grits seemed a bit too gummy for me. Dinner was the classic steak and potatoes - my steak was cooked perfectly and the green beans were done just right. I could have used some more of their garlic mashed potatoes, they were gone in an instant! My husband had the daily red snapper and crab special - seasoned and cooked just right he cleaned his plate! Dessert was the flourless torte and strawberry mousse in chocolate cup - again just perfectly done. They have an extensive wine and beer menu - they offer more to drink then eat ;) Would have preferred some more "regular" beer options - some just seemed too off the wall. Other then that this was a wonderful dining experience and would highly recommend it anyone looking for a special meal.