“Average Food, Decent Price” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Eden, North Carolina
“Average Food, Decent Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I am not a big fan of flounder, but since this was the only fish offered, I had the flounder along with some crab cakes. Servings were generous and the flounder was fresh. We went on Thirsty Thursday and I ordered some of the $.45 wings. They were very tasty and cooked perfectly. The coleslaw was dry and tasteless. There was live music playing. The musician/singer was very talented and did a great job, however for the small area, it was very loud and made conversation impossible. I would like to go back sometime and try the deck seating on the waterfront. The lights shining on the waterway was beautiful.

Visited December 2013

Charlottesville VA
“Poo on Captain Poos--and don't get the raw oysters!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ate at Captain Poos in November 2012, loved it,and were looking forward to our return. What a let down! I asked about the raw oysters and the bartender said, "Dunno. I don't eat 'em. But people order them." That was little help but I ordered 6. I've eaten oysters all over the U.S.--including at Poos and other places in Myrtle Beach, and I'll have to say these were the worst I have ever had. Tasteless and gristly and gross. I kept thinking that if I tried one more I'd find one good one, but after 4 tries I gave up. My wife ordered a house salad that was sorta pitiful--so we decided to get our check and leave. When I asked the bartender if she wanted to know what I thought of the oysters she said yes and I said, "Worst I've ever eaten" to which she replied, "If you had let me know I would have taken them off your bill". Did she not realize I was letting her know right then? We couldn't wait to pay our bill and leave. Bye bye Poos--we won't be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Little River, South Carolina
“What happened? ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This used the be the BEST bar until the owners lost interest. Now they stay drunk. Service is terrible and the "fresh oysters" are out of a can and on reused shells. There are much better places.

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Awesome & fun with great food & drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have been steady customer of Captain Poo's for about 2 years. This place is awesome. My wife & I have never had a bad time there. The food is plentiful, as well as tasty. Lunch specials are so good for less than $8 and wow you get lunch that cant be beat anywhere. The view of the inter coastal is so nice and the yachts going by makes it even more special. Now the staff, we have never met a better group of fun, friendly, caring individuals. They are led by owners Mike & Rhonda who spend a lot of time there overseeing the staff and making sure all the customers are well taken care of.
So my advice while in North or South Carolina, you have to go to poos. Its at the Cherry Grove exit off 17 near the swing bridge. Trust me you will love it

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Watkins Glen, New York
“Tequila Tuesday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were at Captain Poo's with vacationing family & friends in March 2013. It was by far one of my favorite vacation memories! The fresh oysters were the BEST we had the whole vacation. We will be back in North Myrtle Beach next March and Capt. Poo's is already on our roster for MUST GO places! It's a great atmosphere, great service, great food, great drinks....need I say more?

• Visited March 2013