“Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny Rappa's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Avenue
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went there last nite, the waitress's were dressed adorible. The bartender didn't know how to make a rumrunner and my husband got a crown and coke, way to much licquire. Then we ordered the calimarie, it tasted like a frozen meal from costco, way to salty. Then the bartender forgot to give my husbands credit card back. And the menu was very limited, they only had 6 things to chose from for the main course and nothing sounded to appiling. And finally we had to wait over a half an hour to be seated, but we left. We went to the outback, great food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hartford, Connecticut
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been going to Benny's for years ...... almost from day one when they opened their restaurant and it held only about 10 tables and the menu was on a blackboard.

It has only gotten better through the years. My favorite dish is the stuffed rigatoni!!! My mouth waters just thinking about them!!!

The service is fantastic, everyone is treated like family. The restaurant is expanded and a bar area was added a few years back. You will not be disappointed when you have a meal at Benny's.

• Visited February 2012
North Carolina
“Definitely a New Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My partner and I visited Benny Rappa's the weekend we got the keys to our new condo in Little River and wanted a special meal to celebrate. Our realtor Kristi had recommended it while we were looking at various properties, so we decided to give it a try. I'm SO glad we did. We didn't have reservations, and when we arrived it was very busy there, but they made us feel at home, and in a few minutes, we found a seat at the bar while we waited. Presently we saw a dish come out of the kitchen that looked fabulous, so we asked the very friendly and exotically foreign bartendar what it was, and she said it was veal in vodka sauce, not on the menu, but availble if we ordered it. So, when we were seated at our table 30 minutes later, we did just that, and even though it was very rich and a large portion, we both ate every bit of it! So, Benny Rappa's is going to be one of our "special destination" restaurants, because it is is wonderful, but also because it is expensive and not a place we can afford to eat often.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“PHENOMENAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

On this particular night, my family and I were cruising around Myrtle for a good hour trying to find a place to dine for dinner and every restaurant we tried was either too busy or the service was too slow. After walking in and back out of several restaurants we took a drive down to Benny Rappa’s where we already had reservations for the next day, but decided to take a chance and see if we could get in on. We were starving and by this time it was already 9:30. We walked in and were greeted by their very busy and very friendly staff. We told them about our situation and they were more than happy to help us out and get us seated as soon as possible since they too were so busy. We sat down at the bar and chitchatted with the bartender while we enjoyed some wine. She was so friendly and made our twenty minutes fly by. The staff made the effort to clean up right away, with no time to waste, after one of the tables opened up. Our server was PHENOMENAL. She made us feel like family and actually took the time to ask us how our vacation was going and suggested different items from the menu. We had the Italian sausage appetizer and it just melted in my mouth. The flavors were so potent and so rich. For our dinners three of us ordered the Seafood Lasagna, and two of us ordered the Ravioli. The seafood Lasagna will go down as one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. To this day (five months later) I’m still thinking about how delicious that dish was. Eating at Benny Rappa’s was a highlight of our Myrtle Beach vacation and will be a must every time we go back.

• Visited July 2012
Monroe, NC
“No Long Worth the Price - Not That Great for the $$$”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

On our most recent visit, while food is good, just isn't worth the price any more. Atmosphere is always great there, but there are now better choices...

Visited December 2012