“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Seen Villa Tuscanna driving by and took a chance. Must have been our lucky day. It was great and true Italian cusine. After being disapointed at Carraba's earlier in the week, this made up for it. It also is somewhat less touristy than the big famous chains in the area. Our server Vicky was fantastic and did her best to make the experience wonderful. Will stop again next year.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My family, and I were here on vacation, we sat down, and it took over an hour to receive our food after we ordered!! Our waitress was very rude, making comments about having to reach over a purse, saying "hello" to my sister-in-law in order to get her attention while she was tending to her two toddlers... My parents asked for more bread, and she first loooked at our end of the table as to tell them "there is some down there", she then brought out 2 pieces!!! After I complained about the service, and ridiculous wait, I was told that it was basically our fault for not explaining that we were in a hurry??? I was told they would do something on our bill, when we got our bill....Nothing!!! I brought it to their attn again, then they finally gave us 10% off....REALLY!!! Then the waitress brought our bills, and said, "If you were in a hurry, you should have told me".... We will Never eat here again, horrible rude service!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Veney M, Owner at Villa Tuscana, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
im so sorry to hear all of this, when i read this review i had to scroll back to the top of the page to make sure i was on the right restuarant, i would like to know who the server was because i will not tollerate this kind of behavior and i want to make sure this never happens again. thank you so much for letting me know. i would like to send you a gift certificate to show our sincere appology.

Chef Vinny
New Jersey
“*****Absolutely Devine*****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

There is no absolutely no comparing Villa Tuscanna to ANY other Italian Restaurant in the North Myrtle Beach Area! This restaurant is more than just a restaurant; it is the ultimate Italian restaurant experience! Upon arriving the breathtaking decor and romantic ambiance make it seem as if you are dining in a charming restaurant in Italy. The stellar service, ambiance, reasonable pricing, and the exceptional food combine making Villa Tuscanna the only destination for a uniquely authentic Italian dining experience on the Grand Strand!

My husband and I were vacationing in North Myrtle Beach recently from New Jersey and, being Italian, right away we began to ask a few "locals" where we could find the best Italian food in the area. We were told, without a doubt, Villa Tuscanna.

We arrived at Villa Tuscanna at seven-thirty and were welcomed immediately by the hostess, which made us feel right at home! We did not have a reservation and the restaurant was bustling so we waited at the charming piano bar. There we enjoyed a glass of exceptional Chianti that was recommended by the sommelier. As promised earlier by the hostess, we were seated within fifteen minutes. That is when our delicious journey through the exciting tastes of Italy began!

Our waiter was prompt to greet us and to describe Chef Vinny's special entrees for the evening. The waiter was very familiar with the extensive wine list, which made choosing the perfect bottle of wine for the two of us effortless.

We began with an appetizer of fried calamari, which was deliciously crispy, yet tender, as well as perfectly seasoned. Without a doubt, the calamari was the best I have ever eaten! Next, I ordered the “Avocado in Bella Vista" salad, a heavenly medley of crisp Italian greens, avocado, roasted red peppers, oranges, and cranberries. Delicious!!! And I must mention the warm, freshly made Italian bread served with Chef Vinny's signature dipping oil.

When our entrees arrived the aroma and the stunning presentation of the entrees immediately radiated perfection! Although the menu boosted all the traditional Italian fare from Salt-Imbocca, Osso Bucca, and Eggplant Parmesan, I had decided on an intriguing dish I had never seen on any other Italian restaurant's menu, "Chicken Veneciana". The perfectly prepared chicken breast was filled with creamy asiago and goat cheese, prosciutto di Parma and tomatoes. The marinara sauce and linguini served with it reminded me of my Italian grandmother's marinara!

My husband was equally blown away by the "Zuppa Di Pesce". The dish was an extremely generous portion of fresh mussels, scallops, calamari, shrimp and even lobster, all perfectly sautéed in a San Marzano tomato sauce. My husband savored every last bite while proclaiming that it was the best "Zuppa Di Pesce" he had every eaten!

We are so thrilled that we found this local jewel of Italian cuisine! My husband and I used to believe that the only truly authentic Italian cuisine could be found in New Jersey. After dining at Villa Tuscanna we have changed our mind! Villa Tuscanna is now our absolute favorite Italian restaurant and we will definitely be dining there on our next trip to the area. Hopefully, on our next visit we will have the chance to meet the man behind it all, local celeb Chef Vinny himself!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lexington, South Carolina
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a fantastic evening at this restaurant. As my husbands family is Sicilian, we have high expectations of Italian cuisine. The food was fabulous and we enjoyed the gentleman playing old school Sinatra songs on the piano. What a nice family owned establishment!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Authentic Italian food-amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was there with my husband and son, and the food was great, from the appetizers all the way to the desert. We have also been there before with friends for dinner and this place has never dissapointed us. If you are looking for authentic itallian taste for a good price and with great atmospher ( not too quite, not noisy) this is the place to be. The service is excellent, and they always make you feel welcome. The bread is so delicious and homemade. The bar can make any drink you want... it's also great for large parties because they have a lot of space. I definitely recommend it for romantic or family dinner. It's also a great place to hangout and eat with friends or celebrate any occasion. Visit and enjoy a wonderful italian dinner :)

• Visited July 2012