“We look forward to eating here when we are in the area but tonight changed or minds!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ultimate California Pizza

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
charlotte nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We ate here tonight. We waited a reasonable amount of time for a table to seat the 9 of us. Our waiter, Matt was very personable and did his best. Our issue was with the food. We waited 50 minutes from the time our order was put in until our 3 pizzas finally arrived. After 35 minutes, I went in to speak to the manager. He explained that they were very busy with deliveries. I questioned that deliveries took priority over seated customers and he said you don't understand. Then he yelled to the kitchen staff, "do we have her 3 pizzas yet?" That was it, no apology, no follow up and left his waitstaff to deal with the complaints. Our waiter told us he had three tables at that time and we were the third to complain. He also told us that the other party had said they felt they got nowhere with the manager either. I realize that this is a major tourist destination and us customers are a dime a dozen, however there are people who will chose to re visit based on good food and timely service. There are other locations in the area, I will stick to those. The pizza is outstanding!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Delicious Pizza - Long Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Let me start with the good news. The pizza was delicious. My family and I split "The UCLA" pizza and it was excellent. It came out hot and fresh. My in-laws split a Hawaiian Pizza. They seem to enjoy their pizza as well. Our server was very kind and checked on us frequently.
Now the bad news. It seemed like we had to wait a fairly long time to get our food. Being on vacation, we were not in a hurry, but I believe we waited longer than you typically expect to wait at a traditional restaurant.
We went during lunch and the restaurant was somewhat full, which isn't a bid deal, except, it's so closed in and the way the room is set up, it seem to amplify the sound, especially since there were a number of children in there, including our own.
You can eat outside as well, which would help cull the noise, but we chose not to due to the humidity.
Overall it was good, but if you go, block out a decent chunk of time to be there.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
winchester
“Really good Pizza !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a great place to grab some pizza at the beach !! They have several locations and serve up great pizza !! I have also had there sandwiches and they are just as good. I will tell you though if you go with kids to remember they do not have fries. Nice place to hang out and have some pizza pie !!

Best on the beach !!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, nice variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The food was great... The Thai chicken pizza was quite amazing but don't forget the tums! The pita bread and hummus is also good. The only problem I had was how rude the guy who took the phone order was! But fast delivery, good food for a fair price... Can't complain!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mechanicsville, Md.
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I thought I had found the best pizza ever in Virginia Beach, Va. but was quickly brought to my senses when I took the chance and dined at Ultimate California Pizza. The varieties of crusts along with the specialty pizzas were great. I'm not a cheese and pepporoni person, so the unusual offerings of artichoke and many other choices were amazing. Our waitess Lauren went above and beyond to make sure my daughter and I were served promptly, advised us of the many different items available, and always kept our glasses full. Personal pan pizza was more than ample and the ingredients were first class in taste.

• Visited July 2011