“T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station is quite possibly the country's only FREE living tiger museum. Located inside Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, SC, it offers families the opportunity to see tigers up close, through glass, absolutely free of charge. For those interested in meeting a tiger or an ape in person, we offer (for a fee)the opportunity to pose with one of the animal ambassadors for a photo. The animals spend only a couple hours per day, in the late afternoon, at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station and funding generated from our photos and gift shop sales help support various wildlife conservation projects we conduct worldwide through our Rare Species Fund. We are open from mid-March to mid-October and hours of operation can be found by calling our listed telephone number.
NY
6 attraction reviews
“T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had beautiful big cats and lots of information about their care and preservation. So beautiful and clean. Animals well cared for and can see them in a natural large environment, not small cages. The animals has lots of toys for play and they can move FAST!

Glenville, West Virginia
“Life Changing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My daughter and I visited in July, 2013. It was an experience that we will always remember. We didn't mind the expense, it was for a great cause and we had a marvelous day. When the granddaughter is old enough she will be attending the reserve. If you decide to visit the reserve, purchase the CD and DVD. You will never be sorry. Every time we view the DVD it's like a rewind of the day, great memories. We can't wait to do this again.

Honea Path, South Carolina
20 attraction reviews
“White tigers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent place to view baby tigers and get a chance to hold them with your picture being taken. My wife and I had a picture taken with a baby monkey wearing a diaper hugging my head and my wife sitting beside me holding an orange baby tiger and feeding it a bottle. My wife also had a picture by herself holding a baby white tiger snuggled up beside her face. My wife is a cat lover, so this was fantastic for her. It is a little expensive for the pictures but well worth it and it goes for the continued preservation of the animals

Visited September 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Love, Love Love......baby tigers....what else can you say!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hours were a bit weird, 6pm - 9pm, but it was what it was. My daughter had the time of her life. Getting your picture with the baby tiger and the baby white bengal tiger made her day. She is 25 so she isn't a little girl but she has always loved all animals and this was a great experience for her. Next time we hope to go the bigger reserve and take the tour. It is a bit expensive but I didn't mind since it goes to help with the baby animals they support.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Know what you are going...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After seeing many ads for this free tiger encounter members of our party really wanted to check it out. We drove specifically for this "free experience" which is basically visiting their store front in Barefoot Landing. There are a few animals in cages and you can get a picture with them for a fee or purchase tickets for the full experience. If you are already in the area check it out and see the adorable babies!!! If you are looking for a free tiger encounter it is not worth the travel time just to see a couple baby animals behind a glass wall.

Visited July 2013
MBSafari, Manager at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your interest in T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station. The "FREE" exhibit at Preservation Station is quite possibly the only location in the country where the general public can view tigers absolutely free of charge. While many people decide to take a photo with the animals, it is not required and no one will push it upon you. We have many guests who say that their visit to Preservation Station is the highlight of their trip and many people who come to Barefoot on a nightly basis, during their stay in Myrtle Beach, simply to watch the tigers through the glass.