My wife and I were invited to join a couple of friends in North Myrtle Beach at their vacation rental this year. We enjoyed the visit so much that we decided to plan a trip back to the area to spend some time with our 17 year old daughter who is a high school senior. She invited one of her girl friends to join us.
We did extensive research on the web and after much deliberaton we decided to book at Tilghman Beach and Golf Resort.
We all loved the resort. It was very clean, quiet and the pool area (indoor and out) were kept clean. At the time of our trip, the resort was not very busy as it was low season. The ocean water temperature was great for the first couple of days and we enjoyed the beach.
We have a beach cart and really appreciated the short walk across the street and up the path to the beach. Not far at all. There are even men's and women's bathrooms and a shower conveniently located at the start of the path which is easily accessible for those who need to visit while at the beach.
The rooms were decorated with good taste and definately had a beach theme which kicked us off in the right mood for a vacation. The beds in the rooms were very comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes, silverware, cookware, small appliances etc. Each bedroom and the living room area each had flat screen tvs.
We had contemplated booking an ocean view room but were not planning on spending much time in our room anyway so we chose to save some money by booking a golf course / lake view room. We were not dissapointed. The surrounding property is kept very clean and while staying on the 12th floor we had a stunning view of the lake and golf course.
The staff was extremely friendly and always seemed eager to help us when we needed change or other assistance.
The only complaint that I have is during our stay which was the second week of October, there were cleaning crews on the pool deck and on the side of the building power washing. We were still able to enjoy the hot tub, pool and lazy river as the cleaning crew roped off the areas where they were working.
That's not really a complaint though as we did have a wonderful time. I would rather see a hotel keep up on their cleaning and maintenance than experience uncleanliness.
Tilghman does require a security deposit as do most resorts of this type.
Our girls loved the free DVD movie rental. The lobby has two DVD rental machines that you can access with a special card you receive at the front desk. The movies were current and the girls were able to watch a few movies at night that they had not seen. The free wi-fi came in handy as I had to finish some school work during our stay. The wi-fi was fast and we had our 4 smart phones and two computers hooked up.
It is also a pet friendly resort as we saw several dogs in the hotel. The place was really clean though and we did not notice any unpleasant odors.
I highly recommend this resort. The price is good and definately worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive oceanview Myrtle Beach resort provides a variety of room types and unit sizes to suit every need. Lush accommodations and on-site amenities pamper adults and cater to children. Our family-friendly resort includes customizable golf packages, lazy river, water parks, kiddie pools, outdoor/indoor pools, hot tubs, children's play area, atrium with a library and reading area, high speed internet, state of the art fitness center, and washer & dryer in room. Find plenty of room to relax in these optimal suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tilghman Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilghman Beach & Golf Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Tilghman Beach And Golf Resort