“We had a great time! Aug 20-27” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort to your Saves list
Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   98 North Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #20 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“We had a great time! Aug 20-27”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Reading previous reviews I must say BS! Cleaning staff was very good, our room was spotless. My room cleaned daily by at least 11:30am- and 5 people in a room we were very messy. If their checkin is at 4pm it is for a reason, room has to be cleaned 110%. Get a room BIG enough for your party, mine was huge..

Now for my review. Lobby was very elegant for what we paid. Spacious parking- no garages here. Check-in was about 15mins, very nice staff and was given free breakfast passes. Elevators were not a problem at all, 2 min wait the most during 7 night stay. Room was oceanfront view, murphy pulldown, 2 doubles, and a kitchenette. Full size refrigerator, no stove though, and a microwave. There were utensils, plates etc, and dish detergent (we just had to buy a sponge) Bathroom was small but served it's purpose. AC was very cool, and you can control thermostat in room.
Pool was very nice. Lazy river, and full size pool approx 5 1/2 ft. Spa tub was nice(to me could have been a little hotter, but kids jumped in often) very clean and enough lounge chairs. I did not use indoor pool, but it looked clean. The hotel is using colored wristbands for guests to keep out people that do not belong their. I actually only saw them check these bands 1 day out of 7. Beach was around 100ft from pool and was beautiful. I believe they rent chairs on the beach, but we had our own. The kids preferred the pool anyway. The resorts looked very similiar from the beach. We were right next to the Avista which had a parking garage. The staff did a great job cleaning near the pool level- elevator lobby as best as possible.
We did eat at the pool tiki bar which was very reasonable. There aren't any activities for kids, but they seemed very happy. This is a family resort, but did see a few couples. So expect a little noise, some splashing etc. Parking was great, very close to rte17, walmart, shopping, etc. Lots of bargains for breakfast, dinner specials.

* Overall great stay, I was nervous as hell when I pulled up, but completely satisfied when I entered and saw the room. We will be back next year!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Only had one experience with a rude employee on the phone when making reservations. The staff at the hotel has never been rude to us. Housekeeping was exceptionally helpfull. Staying again this September. Can't wait. Love this resort!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I arrived at the Hotel at 3 pm and my room wasn't ready until 4 pm. My family and I stayed for 2 days. The staff at this place was very rude. When I arrived in the room, there was a stain of blood on the bed cover and also in the toilet paper in the bathroom. Every day after housekeeping came by, the A/C was set to 60 F cold and I wonder why they changed my settings? When the room warms up, you can feel the smell of the carpet. That was why. I enjoyed the view to the ocean, the pool and the lazy river but when I when to check out, the staff was so ruthless that I almost felt they ruined my vacation when they charged me an extra day after being 1 h late. After paying extra, a middle-age blonde attendant forgot to re-activate my key again. Then, when I went back to my room to get my stuff I realized the key was not activated. I went back to the front desk just to be ignored by this lady again. When I went to return the keys and pool pass the same middle-age blonde lady there picked up the phone and pretended that she was busy talking on the phone to avoid taking care of me. I had to wait in the front line all by myself there for over 15 min until another staff member that was also talking on the phone gave me a signal to come by and continued talking on the phone and asked me for the keys in sign language. I definitely DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYBODY!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I would not stay at this hotel again. The staff was very rude to my husband and I. We arrived at 11am not realizing check in was 4. Asked if we could get in rooms earlier. Said that they might could do 2. We had invited our grandchildren down for the day, that was the whole purpose of us getting room. We went back every hr to check on room and was told that they were not ready. My daughter finally came and got us and said that they were checking customers in. When I went to desk, clerk was very rude and said that they had already assigned us a room that met our requirments per Hotel.com and it was not ready I asked was that the only room in the hotel that met our qualifications and she stated yes.. After standing there for several mintures, the maid finally signed off on room, clerk then told me that I would have to get back in line and she would not help me after KNOWING we had been there since 11am by the pool area and had been checking. Then when I get back up to her after waiting for so long in line, she tells me we owe 5.73 for some resort fee. I asked her why she did not tell us about it the other 7 times that we had gone to the desk and asked about the room and she just looked at me and said "how would you like to pay for this" I asked to speak to manager. Was told that she was not there and would not be for the rest of day. Asked for card, When we checked out I asked again for management and still not on sight at leaving at 11 am. I WOULD NOT go here again. We are a paying customer and I go for relaxation, and it was far from relaxing with all INTENTIONALLY waiting until after 4 for the rooms. Location is great but rooms stink, smell from carpet got in all our shoes that were rank.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I can't believe the room I got once I arrive at this hotel. I wanted to surprise my wife with a weekend vacation to the beach. Imagine my surprise when they gave us this room. I was the smallest hotel room we have ever stay in. We walk acrosss the bed in order to get to the bath. Me and my wife kept bumping into each other. There was no space. It like the maid quarters. The hotel refuse to put us in another room. This hotel should be ashamed of itself for renting the room at the rate they did. Don't go here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

When returning for lunch, we found our door propped open with no housekeeping in sight.
No manager on site all weekend to address our problem. Head of housekeeping was not concerned with customer service at all. Her assistant, Sara, was the only staff person concerned with our issue.
Nice facility, lazy river and pool great.....convenient restaurant on site....limited parking for guests......They need to value their customers. We have not heard a word from the manager or the company.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We got a great price on Hotels.com.

Can't beat the proximety to the beach and the view (beach on one side, view of city on other).

The rooms were clean. Second sink outside bathroom was very convenient. Balcony with chairs and table that overlooked the pool, hot tub and lazy river with great view of the ocean that was mere steps away.

We "thought" we booked a full kitchen (full fridge and stove), but the half kitchen (micro and mini-fridge) worked fine for us. Our mistake for not reading the room descriptions more carefully.

Housekeeping got us extra towels and pillows quickly. We are late risers so they came back later in the day to makeup our room and restock supplies. A bit disappointed that they did not do the dishes for us. Not sure if this is their responsibility. No biggie.

The room was the perfect size. The double beds were small for us, but nice and comfy. Could have used another end table, more storage drawers and another light, but overall very nice.

The pools were clean, but need some maintenance to repair cracks and few broken tiles. Again, overall, very nice.

The elevators are FAST!! We were on 11th floor and we got up/down amazingly quick.

Did not have opportunity to visit cafe, indoor pool, fitness room, or arcade, but all looked very nice and clean.

Checkout was a breeze and we were quickly on our way.

North Myrtle Beach was recommended to us by friends because it is less crowded and family friendly. We found this to be true. Not rowdy at all. Plenty of space to spread out on the beach without stepping over people.

Book a stay. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!