Reading previous reviews I must say BS! Cleaning staff was very good, our room was spotless. My room cleaned daily by at least 11:30am- and 5 people in a room we were very messy. If their checkin is at 4pm it is for a reason, room has to be cleaned 110%. Get a room BIG enough for your party, mine was huge..
Now for my review. Lobby was very elegant for what we paid. Spacious parking- no garages here. Check-in was about 15mins, very nice staff and was given free breakfast passes. Elevators were not a problem at all, 2 min wait the most during 7 night stay. Room was oceanfront view, murphy pulldown, 2 doubles, and a kitchenette. Full size refrigerator, no stove though, and a microwave. There were utensils, plates etc, and dish detergent (we just had to buy a sponge) Bathroom was small but served it's purpose. AC was very cool, and you can control thermostat in room.
Pool was very nice. Lazy river, and full size pool approx 5 1/2 ft. Spa tub was nice(to me could have been a little hotter, but kids jumped in often) very clean and enough lounge chairs. I did not use indoor pool, but it looked clean. The hotel is using colored wristbands for guests to keep out people that do not belong their. I actually only saw them check these bands 1 day out of 7. Beach was around 100ft from pool and was beautiful. I believe they rent chairs on the beach, but we had our own. The kids preferred the pool anyway. The resorts looked very similiar from the beach. We were right next to the Avista which had a parking garage. The staff did a great job cleaning near the pool level- elevator lobby as best as possible.
We did eat at the pool tiki bar which was very reasonable. There aren't any activities for kids, but they seemed very happy. This is a family resort, but did see a few couples. So expect a little noise, some splashing etc. Parking was great, very close to rte17, walmart, shopping, etc. Lots of bargains for breakfast, dinner specials.
* Overall great stay, I was nervous as hell when I pulled up, but completely satisfied when I entered and saw the room. We will be back next year!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Drive Beach And Golf Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Drive Beach Resort
- Ocean Drive Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Drive Beach And Golf Resort North Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Drive Beach Golf
- Ocean Drive Myrtle
- Ocean Drive Beach Hotel North Myrtle