“Wonderful trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort to your Saves list
Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   98 North Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #20 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Merritt Island, Florida
“Wonderful trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Booked online, and called about a week later to see about upgrading our room. The man there did upgrade my room for a few dollars more. When I got there, there was some confusion about my room but they took care of it right away. And I got the room I was told I would get. Overall the room was a very clean room, and had a wondeful view. We actually slept on the murphy bed since it looked at the ocean. The only thing I can say bad about this place, was the door was not sealed properly and there was some very cold air coming in through the cracks. ( It droppped down to 27 degrees at night) Other than that, the staff was helpful. We were having birthday cake and needed more forks, they brought some right up. Would stay there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
clay aity, ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights here over the Thanksgiving holidays. The rates were very reasonable and the hotel was beautiful. We had a king size room overlooking the pool area and a balcony oceanfront. Even though it was Nov., it was warm enough to walk on the beach and sit out on the balcony. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. We already have reservations to come back the week after Christmas. There are shops, restaurants, and night clubs in walking distance, There are two clubs in the hotel featuring shag music and were great fun for a "senior citizen" couple to enjoy. We had a very relaxing time and I would recommend this hotel for any time of the year.

Martinsville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed there over this passed weekend and from the start it was bad. Was to get a king bed but got two full size beds, hot tub was cold and didn't work and things was floating in it. Told there was an indoor lazy river...Not! Front desk did nothing about any of it. Rude and acted like they just didn't care! They The beds were awful! We could feel the springs.
The only good thing about it was the cleaning staff!

Newtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I bought 2 nights here for my friend and I after we went to Charlotte for the National Whitewater Center. When we got there the staff at the front were kind of rude. They ignored us and helped other people, I'm assuming because we were only 18 and 19 and people seem to always have problems with younger people. Very rude. When we checked in, the man told us there was a $150 charge because we were under 21, which I was never notified about. However, he let it slide for us, which was nice. I booked an oceanview room, and that's exactly what we got. It was very nice. The pools, lazy river and jacuzzi were awesome-very relaxing. We were going to eat at the hotel for breakfast, but we didn't want to pay so we went elsewhere. Overall, it is a nice hotel and great for short trips to one of the best beaches on the east coast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Albemarle, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed for a week and the check in was very easy and all the staff was friendly. We had an ocean front with a king bed and it was very comfortable. They have not updated the TV's . Still have old tube type not flat screen like a lot of places have now. Housekeeping did good job except for one day and when I called the desk the supervisor of housekeeping came right up and fixed the problem.
Now for what I did not like: the indoor pool was suppose to be heated but was too cold to get in and the indoor hot tub button to turn it on did not work.

Room Tip: I would make sure to get an ocean front room.
Augusta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

What I went for was the view and sound of the ocean which I got. Be sure to get an "ocean front" room not an "ocean view." Place was clean but the furniture sparse and worn. Staff was friendly and efficient. Take ear plugs or a white sound machine. Very noisy. I love the area but think I will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salisbury, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

First all do not book under specials. I went to their web site and booked a room with free breakfeast. The room said ocean view room and showed a picture. The pictrure did say that the room was a 12 x 12 room with a king size bed on the side of hotel. Our room had a joining room with a door that you could hear the people right next door. What you will need to book is a ocean front room that was not offered under special. As for the free breakfeast the web site let me book and did not give me an option for the ocean front room and turn out I did not read the fine print about no free breakfeast on black dates. What a rip off. Called front desk and they offered to give back money but, we sucked it up and stayed in oct. in a 12 x 12 room for 99 dollars a night. Will not stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!