“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate to your Saves list
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2112 Little River Neck Road, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29597   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel while visiting an ill family member who was in Seacoast Hospital. The hotel was conveniently located about 5 minutes away. The staff was nice as was the hotel. The only issue we saw while there was that the property was undergoing some renovations but otherwise our room was nice and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful reviews of our property. We understand that renovations can sometimes be an Inconvenience for guests we are excited for the outcome. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are thrilled that we made you feel welcome and have a great stay. If your future travels bring you back to North Myrtle Beach please stop back and see us. Thank you again for your patronage.

All the best,

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have always been a huge fan of Hampton Inns in general, but this one far surpassed my expectations! The front desk staff was so courteous and helpful. Brandy, General Manager, has an outstanding personality and it is easy to tell she enjoys her job. Her staff was well trained and was very welcoming after a long and exhausting trip. The kids loved the chocolate chip cookies and the adults appreciated the coffee provided in the lobby.
North Myrtle Beach's Hampton Inn has helped set the standard for quality.

Room Tip: Great restaurants close by!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I appreciate the wonderful comments regarding my staff and I and have shared this review with the staff. The staff was pleased to hear the good feedback! It's nice to hear the positive from our guests. If your future travels bring you back to a hotel in North Myrtle Beach please stop back and see us! We love having you here. Thank you again for your patronage!

Istanbul Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We checked in on Saturday 1st September. The hotel is located in a convenient location-North Myrtle Beach is a 5 minute drive and Myrtle Beach is about 15 minutes away. Initially, We were favorably impressed by the reception staff and the appearance of the hotel.

We were given a room on the third floor.Having entered the room, we noticed that the carpet was soaking wet. Upon further investigation and a check from the maintenance guy, the wall separating the bathroom and the beds was also found to be fairly drenched. And we had to check into a new room. This was done pretty efficiently and without delay. The second room was fine except for an excessively loud level of noise from the air-con unit. It was so loud I actually had to switch it off during the night.

On Sunday evening, we get back to the hotel at 8PM to find it in a state of near complete darkness and hundreds of gallons of water flowing out of a pipe near the car parking. The electricity is out-no light in our room or the corridors and no air-con. It appeared that the sprinkler system had activated on the second floor covering the corridors in water. The hotel staff helped us to locate to another Hampton Inn hotel which was fine. As far as I know all guests left the hotel and went home or to alternative lodging. This is at 9-10PM on a Sunday night and the night before Myrtle Beach. You can imagine the chaos at the reception!

While the staff were always and unfailingly helpful and friendly and the breakfast was great (but for a tiny dining area), I have to say that this hotel needs to radically improve its performance. In 20 years of extensive travel across three continents, I have never seen the kind of maintenance and technical problems that I saw in this hotel.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor-Go and stay somewhere else in N. Myrtle Beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property. We strive to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests; sometimes it is a bit more challenging than others and we thank you for being so understanding. I apologize for the unfortunate events that took place this past weekend. We appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with the staff. We use all of our guest feedback as learning opportunities to know what we are doing well as well as what we can improve on. I thank you again for staying with us and we would love for you to give us another chance. Thanks again for sharing!

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had the best mini vacation while staying in Little River SC. The Hampton Inn was so nice. The staff was so friendly and greeted us every time we walked through the lobby.
They have a wonderful view of the marina. We enjoyed watching the Yachts sailing. The staff was helpful in suggesting fun things to do. The ocean was about a half mile away. Beautiful beach. The breakfast was awesome. I loved the healthy choices. Best of all, was going to Good Vibrations. Our whole family had the best time at the show.

Room Tip: We liked facing the marina.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to hear the great stay that you had. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are thrilled that we have made another guest happy! Thank you for your patronage and if your future travels bring you back to the beach stop by and see us.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

If your are looking to stay bang on the beach this is not the place for you.
Its located near to Highway 17 in a quieter area of the town,
We booked a day in advance, and paid $155 for a 2 Queen Bed Room for a weekend when the other decent hotels were over $200

Morning Breakfast was fabulous , maybe the best complimentary breakfast I have had so far :o)

The nearest is the Cherry Grove Beach which is less than a mile from the hotel.

Overall Good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate all of the feedback from our guests! You are the reason we are here. We strive to create memorable experiences for our guests and are happy that you had a great stay. Thank you for your patronage and if your future travels bring you back to North Myrtle Beach please stop back to see us.

All the best,

Brookhaven, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is your typical Hampton Inn. We had a king suite room 414.
PROS
Front desk employees are friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfy. It was quiet so I was able to sleep. Free wifi. Breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, juices, tea, coffee, etc... They had to go breakfast bags with an apple, cereal bar, muffin, and water. And cookies upon check in. I didn't use the pool but it looked nice. No hot tub.

CONS
I did use the gym and it was TERRIBLE. The elliptical is old and unusable. I hurt my knee trying to use it after just three minutes. So I tried the treadmill. Nothing terrible but just not great. There is a bit of free space so I did some kickboxing. Better than nothing. There was some mold on the caulking of the tub and the shower head had some mildew. Didn't bother me though. Our second day there, the maid did not leave any shampoo, condition, moisturizer, or Kleenex. I went to the front desk and got it all there no problem. I was also surprised that there wasn't an in room safe. We had a fridge but the dial for the temperature setting was broken off. Everything in the fridge froze. My in laws were in the same room but two floors below us. They reported problems with the a/c. Said it never got cooler than 77. They reported the problem to the front desk. Someone was sent to fix the a/c. It never got cool that day but it was fine when they woke up the next morning. Weird.

This hotel is not on or near the beach. Check the map before booking. We knew this ahead of time and were ok with that. It's convenient to US17 shopping and restaurants.

This was not my favorite or best Hampton Inn stay but it was very good. As long as it's clean and I'm able to sleep I can't complain. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as this only helps us improve and get better at making our guests experiences wonderful. I have shared the comments with the staff and we are currently addressing the ac issues that we are having. I apologize for the negative experiences that you encountered. I hope that this does not affect your future travels with Hampton. If your travels bring you back to North Myrtle Beach please stop back to see us!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there for one night. I paid $245.00 for a King Studio Sofa Bed room. We went out around the area and came back to discover that the hot water wasn't working in the bathroom. I complained to the Night Manager. She pretty much told me there is nothing she can do. She told me that my girlfriend can take a shower in one in of the rooms that had water damage due to a issue with the cleaning staff. I was suprised that they can just be so nonchalant about the issue and they even had the gall to tell me to stay in the room with wet carpet in iit even though I told them that my girlfriend had asthma and would have a hard time breathing in that room! I always try to stay in Hampton Inns anywhere I go but now I am going switch hotel brands due this experience. Felt like they are only after the money we paid for the room without considering the health of the guests!!!

Room Tip: Don't Stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the hot water not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I would also like to apologize for the level of service you and your girlfriend received from our staff. This is not typical of our hotel, and we have addressed the issue. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area to experience a true Hampton experience.

Hampton Inn Harbourgate

Been to Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate? Share your experiences!