“Mini Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 53 hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Mini Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend July 2013, my family and I had a great time, we checked in later than expected but Ms.Claire at the front desk was a great help, we were tired from the drive so it was great to know that are room was still available. Breakfast the next morning was great, different items to choose from and the person helping was talkative and energetic that was a good feeling considering we came for the beach and it was storming outside. Housekeeping was wonderful as well, Ms. Charlene who was not assigned to our room was helpful with anything that we asked for, she was also a joy to talk to and let us know what other attractions were in the area. The room was very clean and there were plenty of towels. I noticed a small note in the bathroom it basically said if you take our towels or blankets you will be charged, However if you choose to purchase these items you can and it listed the prices. I would visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sachingp, General Manager at Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting a wonderful review. We appreciate guest feedback and are always striving to do better. I will forward your comments to Ms. Claire and the rest of the staff as well.

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cameron, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding and I can truly say that I had a pleasant experience here. The hotel is a little older, but it's very clean and every staff member that I came in contact with was very friendly. My room was clean and the bathroom was very well stocked.

The rooms could use some updating such as getting flat screen TVs and newer furniture but it wasn't a big deal. The only two complaints I would really have is that the front doors aren't automatic like most hotels so it was a little difficult to bring all my stuff in. Also there are no elevators here (but there are only two floors).

I didn't get to go to breakfast because I overslept but I did get to go the the pool and it was very nice and clean. I LOVE that there are so many places just seconds down the street to enjoy. There is an Outback Streakhouse next door which is walking distance. Some more restaurants, a Wal-Mart, Mini Golf places, and souvenir stores right down the road. Beach access is only a couple of minutes away.

I enjoyed my stay and if I ever come back to North Myrtle Beach I'll be likely staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to learn that you felt welcomed. I am sure you will be happy to know that since you last stayed with us we have installed 39" LED TV's in all the rooms. Please come see us again..
Westchester, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My room is awful with a broken toilet, red stained bathroom counter and a tub that is backed up. I have found a ROACH in my room every day for the last three days. Finally today I went down and asked them to change my room. The girl at the front desk wasn't helpful and said they only had one left. Great! So move me!! I asked her to call the manager. I don't know what the manager said but after 5 minutes of speaking to the manager, ROSE, and telling her that they only had one room left, Rose told her to tell me that they're probably not roaches anyway and they don't have any other rooms for me and the only thing they can do is spray my room. I have two small children and the last thing I want them to do is come in spraying that stuff. They should move me out, spray the room and CLEAN IT for the next family!! DISGUISTING!! AVOID this place!! On top of that the place has a terrible SMOKE smell, especially in the hallways.

Room Tip: DON"T STAY HERE. Stay two doors down at the Quality Inn!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was surprised by your comments as these comments are not common among our guests. I am sorry that you experienced several bugs in your room, we will certainly take extra measures to cure our problem. However, we are on a monthly pest control schedule like many hotels to prevent bugs from entering. Again I'm sorry that you had to experience this while staying with us.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay to be near all of the Beaches, yet far enough away to have some peace and quiet, you have found it! This is an ideal location no matter which direction you are traveling...close to everything. Great rooms with lots of space. Very clean with all of the necessary amenities. Highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. This review brought a smile to my face. I love it when guests share their experiences. I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel perfect for your needs. We look forward to your return visit!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had tickets to a concert at the House of Blues for my birthday, this place is close & easy to get in & out of!! Rose & her staff are wonderful!! Beds were comfy, rooms were clean!! Even got a later checkout...Thank you Rose!! You'll see me again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and I will defiinately let our staff know.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If the objective is to find a place that is comfortable, clean, reasonably priced and well run, this is a good choice. Rose, the manager, is really on top of things, and we found the rest of the staff to be friendly and competent. The breakfast is above average for this category of lodging. We were in the area because our son was in the North Myrtle Beach Hospital for several days, and the proximity to that location can't be beaten.

We were entirely satisfied with our four nights at this establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Madison, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn, North Myrtle Beach on our way up the coast. We decided to spend the night in North Myrtle Beach, found a coupon for a reasonable rate in a book we found at one of the Welcome Centers, and was pleased that the hotel happily took the coupon at the discounted rate.

The hotel is away from the beach and the main sights, but very near many restaurants. In fact, when I opened the curtains to my room I was looking at people standing in line to get into the Outback Steakhouse. The lobby is professionally decorated with the roomy pleasant breakfast area near by.

The room we received was very nicely decorated and the temperature was already set on the air conditioner for our stay. It was a very hot day and the room was already at a pleasant temperature. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bathroom was stocked with towels and toiletries. The wifi was excellent on the computer.

The price of the room came with a hot breakfast which included eggs and sausage. I wish we could have stayed more than one night, but we were on a schedule.

I would highly recomment this hotel and would stay at this hotel again if I'm ever in North Myrtle Beach, SC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sachingp, Manager at Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind response and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Been to Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!