“Decent place to sleep in North Myrtle Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 N Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove

You added Super 8 N Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove to your Saves list
Super 8 N Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1591 Highway 17 North, Hwy 17 at North Point, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582   |
Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Tennessee
“Decent place to sleep in North Myrtle Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here with some friends for a quick beach vacation and it was a decent place to stay with an awesome price. We didn't spend a lot of time at the motel because we were out and about so much, so I don't have much to complain about. We only showered and slept here. Our friends in another room had an issue with their toilet but that was promptly fixed. It wasn't loud and I felt safe. If you are looking to save money, then I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

For the past 10 years, this Super 8 Motel is outstanding. I came in 2002. I love the suites, especially the jacuzzi suites. This I recommend to stay because of location. James the General Manager is the best!!

Room Tip: Your own Jacuzzi Suites is great to relax your stress away.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

it was amazing!!!! the staff was nice, the breakfast was yummy, and the pool was good!
we were going to myrtle beach and needed somewhere to rest and sleep. we decided to go to this
hotel after eating pizza. the bed was very soft and the sheets and pillows where too!
the only thing i doubt was the hot tub!!! i know, you would
probably say oh my gosh your so picky!! but...... THE HOT TUB IS A COLD TUB!!!
when me and my brother got in, we couldnt stand it!!! we found the house, it was like, 40
degrees!!! besides that, everything was perfect!! we had been on the car science 4:30 p.m.
you should go too!!!!

Room Tip: i went to room 204 and it was very nice. if you are picky about showers, the shower was good. beds...
Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our summer beach vacation. It was a very pleasant stay! Our room was clean and the service at the front desk was great. Breakfast was simple but good and you can't beat free. It's a very short drive to the beach (maybe 4 or 5 minutes) and parking is free at the beach. There are plenty of great restaurants around and it's really not too far from all the main attractions of Myrtle Beach. We will definitely stay again! :)

• Stayed June 2012
Mebane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

When we arrived for our vacation, the front desk clerk was very nice. I ask her about the pool and hot tub and she told me where they were located. She forgot to mention that the hot tub didnt get hot. It didnt work the whole entire time we stayed there. As if that wasnt enough, we left that morning and spent the day on the beach and when we came back to shower and get ready for dinner, my husband ask me did I move his medication. I said no.We searched the room over and came to the conclusion someone stole my husbands medication from our room. the room was clean and the bed was comfortable but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomasville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The only good thing I can say about this place is that the beds were comfortable. The manager was very rude. The whole purpose of us renting a room at this place was so that my children could have an indoor heated pool. The website states that there is a heated indoor pool and spa. After a long ride to the beach, my husband and I were looking forward to sitting in the hot tub while the children went swimming. We went to get in the hot tub and it was ice cold and the pool was too. We went to the front desk and asked if there was a problem, the manager stated turn on the jets and it will get warm in a few minutes. That never happened!! The pool was also to cold for my children. The next day there was still no change. My husband complained and the manager said it would not be fixed. He then asked who told you we had a heated pool???? How rude!!!!! It was on the website! What an awful way to treat a paying customer. I understand that things happen that are out of our control but as a manager there is a better way to deal with an issue other than ignore it and then get smart with a paying customer. They did not care that we were not happy and made no attempt (not even an I'm sorry) to change it for us! I am not a complainer, however I am a manager myself and believe in good customer service!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Millsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice neat clean place. The staff and Boss were great. Especially LuLu

Room Tip: Just a real nice place. I'd recommend it to anyone going to the north myrtle beach area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 N Myrtle Beach/Cherry Grove? Share your experiences!