“Really?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dorchester Inn

Dorchester Inn
You added Dorchester Inn to your Saves list
Dorchester Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3668 Dorchester Road, North Charleston, SC 29405 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #53 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I have travelled the United States and this hotel was the most horrible I've ever encountered. The rooms look nothing like the pictures on the website. Urine odors, stained carpets, white tubs are soiled black, toilets don't work, half if not all electrical outlets inoperative, I could go on for hours decribing the disgusting conditions of this establishment. Unprofessional behavior from management was another negative point of interest I discovered from this hotel (if that's the what you want to call this place). It needs to be condemned or have a more experienced manager that would be able to accommodate travelers in an appropriate manner. Clearly the staff at Dorchester Road Inn do not take care of this establishment. NEVER again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hendersonville, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The place reeks of urine and feces, no electricity in room, cloth rag where door knob should be on a joining room door, had to call my credit card comp to get credit back. DON'T STAY HERE WORSE EVER!!

Room Tip: We ended up staying at the Inn Palace, it was very nice for a night.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lehigh Acres, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

You can always complain about a bit dirty here or there, or they could be a bit more friendly here or there, but when you get to your room, tired after a long day of work and drive, and you only wants to relax and sleep, you fold back the blanket and a cockroach is smiling at you - that's too much!!! Must I write more - I don't think so....before I forget the pool was ok.
It's only a must for very special pet lovers!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed there about a year ago it was ok when I went back this time the first room smelled sheets were bad, I asked for another room the room had a gap about 1 1/2" around the door I could look out and see my car outside, I asked for a refund they do no give refunds I just left and went to another hotel. That place needs to be shut down no human should have to pay for those conditions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rochester Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Ultra budget properties vary greatly in quality. Most are decent, no frills rooms with basic amenities and are usually older motels that show some wear and tear. This one falls on the below average, but not offensive, end of the spectrum. With a little research, you can probably do better for your money. It has a nice little pool off to the side of the parking lot, which could benefit from a bit more attention to clean the bugs off the water surface and the cigarette butts from the surrounding ground. It clearly shows its age, which is not to say that it is unclean, it is simply a bit more run down. The shower curtain had mold, a problem with many of the lesser hotels of this level. More annoying was that the television in our room was nothing but snow. Only the Disney channel came in clearly enough to avoid squinting while watching. If internet access is important to you, be sure to stress that when you check in. The hotel has free wireless, but the woman who checked me in told me that it doesn't reach all the rooms. She put me close to the router and we had no problems with it. If I were in one of the rooms with no Internet access this would be a much less favorable review. (I have a "we offer internet but not in your room" pet peeve.)

Also, I do not understand why it always seems that the hotels that offer the cheapest and worst breakfasts are also the ones that post big signs insisting you do not take the wonder bread slices out of the breakfast area. We just came from a hotel that was in the same price range that had fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, various cereals and boiled eggs and which had no problem with letting guests eat their breakfast in their rooms.

The breakfast area here had no seating to speak of. The rooms also do not have in-room coffee makers, which would be a great improvement. They do have microwaves, however, so if you bring coffee bags or instant-- as I always do-- you can have coffee in your room. I would prefer that if breakfast is really cutting into their bottom line that they raise the price of each room $2. I don't know about anyone else, but $2 more or less is too small to ever be the final deciding factor in what hotel I choose.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

When we checked in at 5 pm, they asked us to wait for 15 min. However, we waited for 75 min before we got the door key. We booked a poolside-room, but they gave us another side-room. We didn't say anything about this.

When we entered into the room, we found it was very hot, and the room temperature was even higher than the outdoor's temperature. The A/C had worked for even 3 hours. It cannot be cooled down. We asked for changing room. They said the A/C works, and told us to wait. But it was almost 9 pm. The important thing is that there is no any sign for cooling down.

We cannot stay in such a room above 90 F for a night. so we asked to check out but we got no refund.

It is awful.

Never go to there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

having paid 50 dollars a night.. i knew the place wouldn't be the Ritz, but i expected much more than what we got. the housekeeping people obviously did not change the sheets after the last person/people left. i guess they figure they save time and money by not changing the sheets 'cause the customers won't notice. well i did. it was very disgusting. there was black hair all over the pillows and sheets!! gross!! they are asking way too much for the product they are selling. dirty rooms... seedy neighborhood. now i'm breaking out in red bumps and after researching the internet.. i think it's bed bugs!!! uuugghhhh!!!! that place needs to shut down or charge 10 dollars a night, 'cause that's all it's worth!!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dorchester Inn? Share your experiences!