“Great stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham N. Charleston

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham N. Charleston to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham N. Charleston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7645 Northwoods Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly Residence Inn Charleston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
“Great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly, down to earth, and respectful. This was my first visit to South Carolina and the staff was very knowledgable about the area around their hotel. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The quality of the of my stay and service was overall excellent. I will definitely stay here again when I visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm generally a very easy to please customer and I have never taken the time to actually write a poor review on a hotel because I've never had an experience so poor that I felt I had to save future guests from this experience. This hotel was awful! The room smelled of smoke and mold, i opened the windows but couldn't even air it out. all of my clothes and bags smell horrible now for being in there for only 2 days...absolutely disgusting. I washed them and still couldn’t get the smell all the way out....$75 later at the dry cleaners and i can finally wear them again. Additionally, 1 of the 2 beds had dirty sheets...fine...i understand this happens sometimes and things get over looked...however! when we called and requested the bed be changed i was informed that the maids had gone home for the day! mind you, this was only at 6:00 pm not early morning or late at night. Because the maids had left a man from facilities bought us sheets so that we could re make the bed ourselves....the "do-it-yourself" mentally is not meant for the hospitality industry. I'm not even at the best part yet! The hotel failed to inform me that during my two night stay we would also be sharing the hotel with a college fraternity in the adjoining building. The frat brothers and their dates were up all night both nights screaming and being loud. it was unbelievable. The hotel and its rooms were in desperate need of an update and deep deep cleaning. its only redeeming qualities were a couple friendly staff members and the Italian restaurant across the street. I will never ever ever stay at this hotel or another Wydham hotel in my life.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis-St Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent 8 nights here and highly recommend it for work or leisure. It's located near shopping (Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, etc.), movie theater and easy freeway access. Staff was 100% great... friendly, always asking if we needed anything, etc. Was surprised to find a fireplace in our room in addition to the standard full kitchen. No, it's not located in downtown Charleston if that's your destination (it was ours!) but it's only a 10-12 minute drive by freeway and the value more than made up for the location. Comfortable bed and pillows. Pool, whirlpool, breakfast and happy hour snacks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Overall my stay was pleasent. Clean rooms, helpful staff, breakfest was ok. My only issue was that the bed was hard. I personally like a soft pillow top.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here 3 nights while my mother was in ICU at MUSC. When i first walked in the room had a weird smell like mold but something else i couldnt quite name! I immesiately went to tha closet that house the airunit, in the kitchen, it was filthy- all the vents were covered in black dust! the floor looked like it had flooded and no one cleaned up the mess. which could be the smell. Wall paper was peeling in places
We got the 2 bedroom suite. It was fair, but nothing fancy. It was fairly clean. And we needed the room badly, so I am grateful for the hospital price. I would stay there but not for a vacation it wasn't that comfortable. The stairs were hard on my elderly father so he got the downstairs bed which left my husband and I little privacy in the loft bedroom.
thanks again for the MUSC rate which is great. I just would've loved a little cleaner room. Like home!! I posted pictures of the air unit closet. Black mold and tons of dust.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham N. Charleston? Share your experiences!