“Fantastic Place to Stay near Charleston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7670 Northwood Boulevard, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Houston
“Fantastic Place to Stay near Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

One of the best places we ever stayed in. The staff was very friendly (Dave, Shiquior, Joe, and Cherry). They were always helpful if we needed something. The location is about 8 miles from downtown Charleston but right on the freeway and it only took about 17 minutes to get to town. The room was a suite with a king bed (extremely comfortable) and a kitchen area (microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker). It had a couch, desk and chair, and lounge chair. Plenty spacious. Nice large bathroom as well. It was extremely clean and had everything we needed. They even had paper towels and liquid soap in a cabinet over the sink. The wifi was free and extremely fast. They had a very nice free breakfast every morning and free wine (red and white) and beer and appetizers Monday through Thursday from 5-7 pm. I selected this hotel from the recommendations on Trip Advisor and will say that Trip Advisor is the most accurate of all the web sites I utilize. When I mentioned Trip Advisor to Joe I got a free candy bar! When I return to Charleston this is definitely where I will stay.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you want and they will guide you. That's what I did.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-HIECHS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. I think you have hit all the things that I am so proud of at our hotel. We have a great team that enjoys meeting and helping our guests have a great stay while in Charleston, our location is only second to staying in the heart of the historic downtown area, our rooms are newly renovated and they are warm and cozy with "like home" amenities and extremely clean is right because our rooms department team is the best in town!!! Top all that off with complimentary Manager's Reception from Monday to Thursday and I agree totally, we are a Fantastic Place to Stay near Charleston! Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments. Please come back and see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I checked in to this hotel at about midnight on 10 minutes notice after an issue with another hotel. When I got there I was a little rattled and they were very helpful in accommodating me for the week. The room was very clean and extremely quiet; this is probably the first time that I've slept this well in a hotel in quite some time. I haven't had the best luck with hotels in the Charleston area. I was very impressed with this one and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your week in Charleston started off a little bumpy but happy to hear that a peaceful nights sleep in a clean room and comfortable bed did the trick. Our beds are made here in Charleston and our guests rave about them. Look no further, your luck in Charleston hotels has turned around and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you again!
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was by far the best hotel I had ever stayed in anywhere in the Charleston area.
It was a little pricier than what I would normally get, but this was a special occasion.
The staff was very nice and helpful, the unit was large and very clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Everything was first rate. I would say the breakfast was superb, but we didn't
manage to get up early enough for that. The express checkout service was nice. The place left a lasting impression and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed in several hotels in North Charleston and this is definately one of the better ones. Hotel is clean, rooms are a good size, and it is about 30 minutes or less to downtown Charleston. They have very good cinnamon buns for breakfast which is complimentary. Plenty of places to eat around hotel with a mall right behind it. Located in decent part of North Charleston and staff very pleasant, accomodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM-HIECHS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with our future guests your recent experience at our hotel. Our guest rooms and guest bathrooms were renovated this spring and our guests seem to love the results as much as we do. I am also glad you enjoyed our world famous cinnamon rolls. They are a great way to start the day along with the other goodies on our complimentary hot breakfast bar. Enjoy your future travels and we hope to see you again at our hotel soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. Our room was very spacious. It was impecably clean and comfortable. There was nothing we needed that we didn't have in the room.The staff (TYRONE) was also quite friendly, funny and helpful, the kids love him. He provided us with a booklet for local real estate that we used extensively.Breakfast the next morning was great! I will certainly stay here again. I can't wait to bring my husband back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I love seeing "impecably clean". I agree. We have the BEST Executive Housekeeper in all of Charleston. In fact, she was named the best Executive Housekeeper of all the Holiday Inn Express Hotels in North and South America three years ago. Her cleanliness standards are second to none. We are so proud to have her on our team! Also, you mentioned Tyrone. He is a joy to work with and brings a smile to everyone's face. I am glad you had the opportunity to meet him as he is a valued member of our team. We look forward to your next visit with us as we all know there are too many beautiful attractions, fun things to do or great meals to experience in one trip alone. Safe travels!
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our 1st night in Charleston and were happy with our selection of this property. Meticulously clean and an excellent value. Check-in with Ken was pleasant, enthusiastic and informative. The room was spotless. While the buffet breakfast was typical fare with Holiday Inn Express properties, the presentation, cleanliness and preparation was very good. Great job by the whole staff!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bridgeville, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great hotel with a very friendly and accomodating staff...Room and hotel was very clean...Great location with great access to shopping, restuarants and visiting downtown Charleston...Have stayed in a number of hotels and found these facilities one of the best...Would highly recommend to our friends staying in the area...We look forward to returning to Charleston again and would stay at this location without hesitation...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate

Address: 7670 Northwood Boulevard, I-26 Exit 209, North Charleston, SC 29406
#2 Family Hotel in North Charleston
#8 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#14 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
Charleston South Carolina has it all history, museums, plantations, beaches, deep-sea fishing, golf, world renowned dining and more. Charleston is a great place for a mini or extended vacation with year-round cultural events that everyone will enjoy. Southeastern Wildlife Expo Cooper River Bridge Run Flowertown Festival Family Circle Cup / Tennis Heritage Rally Spoleto Festival Our award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located in South Carolina s largest shopping district and twelve miles from Charleston s Historic Downtown. Our hotel is packed with amenities fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center, spacious guest rooms, Jacuzzi suites, and meeting and banquet facilities. Perfect for the business traveler and leisure traveler alike, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - North Charleston South Carolina invites you to a memorable visit to the Low Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate
Holiday Inn North Charleston
North Charleston Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Hotel Charleston

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charleston/Ashley Phosphate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.