“Best burgers in Charleston!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Charleston, SC
“Best burgers in Charleston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I absolutely love Sesame! I usually go to the West Ashley location (located in Citadel Mall). The burgers are awesome, the beer is cold, and the blue's corn on the cobb appetizer is amazing! I have never been disappointed and you won't either!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Aiken, South Carolina
“Off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

If you want some good eats outside the tourist traps and high dollar fine dining of downtown Charleston, check this place out.

I had one of their signature burgers, the Memphis, with peanut butter, banana and bacon. Fun concept and very good. Good fries too.

My wife had another signature burger (avacado, Brie and shitake mushrooms, I think). She had the turkey burger and thought it was just as good as beef.

Great value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hanahan, South Carolina
“My FAVORITE burger place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My son and I discovered Sesame a few years ago, and it is still a favorite of ours. He lives out of town, and we must visit the restaurant every time he is in town. I've eaten at the Mall location twice, but the Spruill Ave location is close to home, and the quaintness is part of the charm. The burgers are great! (I have not tried other things, because I LOVE burgers and I tend to stick with what I like.) There are tons of ways one could order them, but I like mine without additional toppings. I like my meat med. rare, but I order it medium here, as the med. rare is too rare for me. Sometimes that backfires, but not very often. I have had their fries and sweet potato fires, and approve of both. My favorite thing is their bread and butter pickles. I avoided them like the plague the first dozen or so times I ate there, not liking anything but dill or kosher pickles. My son was great with this, because he loves them and had no problem eating my share. I tried them once, and am hooked! I often get the brownie dessert, and I love that they serve it warm and it is not hard as a rock. I have not tried the homemade mayo, as I am not a mayo person. I love the ketchup (maybe not the first time I had it, but ever since). I also do not care for dijon mustard, so I ask for yellow. My son, who is more of a "foodie" loves the pimento cheese burger, and has tried goat cheese and other items that he has liked. He most often gets the burger bowl, and it is huge. My husband has had the Cuban, the turkey club, and others with no complaints. My daughter also orders the turkey burger from time to time. They also have a good selection of beers, which pleases my son and husband. I have tried five guys and billy's burgers, which people often talk about, and there is no comparison!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Salads as great as the Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sesame is known for their Burgers and Beer but their specialty salads are also a knock out! If you want to go for lunch however, you better get there super early as this little place fills up fast!

Annapolis, MD
“Quality burgers in a comfy bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very creative selection of burgers. I couldn't make up my mind, so got black bean sliders - 3 different flavors and all were great. I also recommend the onion rings with barbecue ranch sauce. Vast selection of microbrews. A bar atmosphere, but it was comfortable - not overly loud or crowded.