“My FAVORITE burger place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Hanahan, South Carolina
“My FAVORITE burger place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My son and I discovered Sesame a few years ago, and it is still a favorite of ours. He lives out of town, and we must visit the restaurant every time he is in town. I've eaten at the Mall location twice, but the Spruill Ave location is close to home, and the quaintness is part of the charm. The burgers are great! (I have not tried other things, because I LOVE burgers and I tend to stick with what I like.) There are tons of ways one could order them, but I like mine without additional toppings. I like my meat med. rare, but I order it medium here, as the med. rare is too rare for me. Sometimes that backfires, but not very often. I have had their fries and sweet potato fires, and approve of both. My favorite thing is their bread and butter pickles. I avoided them like the plague the first dozen or so times I ate there, not liking anything but dill or kosher pickles. My son was great with this, because he loves them and had no problem eating my share. I tried them once, and am hooked! I often get the brownie dessert, and I love that they serve it warm and it is not hard as a rock. I have not tried the homemade mayo, as I am not a mayo person. I love the ketchup (maybe not the first time I had it, but ever since). I also do not care for dijon mustard, so I ask for yellow. My son, who is more of a "foodie" loves the pimento cheese burger, and has tried goat cheese and other items that he has liked. He most often gets the burger bowl, and it is huge. My husband has had the Cuban, the turkey club, and others with no complaints. My daughter also orders the turkey burger from time to time. They also have a good selection of beers, which pleases my son and husband. I have tried five guys and billy's burgers, which people often talk about, and there is no comparison!

92% Recommend
Charleston, South Carolina
“Salads as great as the Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sesame is known for their Burgers and Beer but their specialty salads are also a knock out! If you want to go for lunch however, you better get there super early as this little place fills up fast!

Annapolis, MD
“Quality burgers in a comfy bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very creative selection of burgers. I couldn't make up my mind, so got black bean sliders - 3 different flavors and all were great. I also recommend the onion rings with barbecue ranch sauce. Vast selection of microbrews. A bar atmosphere, but it was comfortable - not overly loud or crowded.

Visited December 2012
“Excellent selection of great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The burgers are great and they have lots of healthy options like black bean burgers and turkey burgers. They also have good mixed drinks as well. We have been here several times and have always had wonderful service and food

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Hidden Greatness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'm a burger man, and boy do they have the burgers for you. I'm going to agree with the recent reviews. I have been in Charleston on and off for about three years and I never knew that the place existed. My wife, while up on a visit found this place and took me to it. Man I was shocked that this great burger place was located under my noise and I knew nothing about it. I can't say enough about the restaurant, burgers and the staff. Go to this place and enjoy a dogg gone great burger,restaurant and drinks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
murphyeve, Owner at Sesame Burgers & Beer, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks Tommy, I appreciate you finally coming in. Dont be a stranger. We have two other locations as well fyi.

casey