“Clean, Comfortable, Scented” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4715 Saul White Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites North Charleston)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean, Comfortable, Scented”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel staff was friendly and check in/out was easy. The hotel had the normal expected breakfast and wifi.

My two main comments are:
-The room's remote was broken so a few of the buttons didn't work
-The entire hotel smelled like a car air freshener, and not in a good way. This also meant that me and my clothes smelled like it too after staying here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Red Springs, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Charleston SC on a spare of the moment Easter weekend! The motel was a pleasent place! We booked my Choice Privilege Card with not much research! When we arrived the stafff was Friendly and Professional! The room was clean and well apointed! i would highlt recommened this Motel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This location is adjacent to the expressway ramp and can have you to Downtown Charleston, minutes from a huge Tanger outlet and tons of additional shopping and restaurants. It is also minutes from Charleston international Airport. With all this it was relatively quite. It also sits adjacent to a Waffle House, Big By's chicken take out and gas station. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and bathrooms renovated. The have the typical Comfort Inn breakfast including grits, sausage and eggs. The only downfall was the pool was rather chilly and hardly used by anyone. No hot tub either.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Bryson City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

I came to this hotel on a 5 day trip to visit a friend in Charleston. I am a Front Office Manager in another state, so I stayed here at a very good Employee Rate.
None of the front desk was friendly or caring. They wouldn't make eye contact or smile. The agent that did make eye contact was working the morning shift, and she was glaring at us as throughout our entire breakfast if we were doing something wrong. It made us uncomfortable and annoyed. The breakfast attendant was friendly enough, but the quality of the food offered was terrible. The frozen fried eggs looked very unappetizing, and the sausage patties tasted like meat flavored cardboard.. And the breakfast was the exact same every day we were there.
Also, I'm not sure if the hotel was doing renovations because there was no signage saying so, but there was a construction crew there was was very loud and obnoxious, at one point even "wolf calling "at me and my friends. The front desk was more friendly to that crew than their own guests, frequently entertaining them and cutting up at the desk. To be honest, the housekeeping staff was the best part of this hotel. They were friendly, and the rooms were clean. Maybe they should be at the front desk instead?

As a hotel manager, this entire establishment was very unprofessional to me. I'm just glad I didn't pay full price for this hotel. I will pay the extra money to be closer to town in a nicer environment. I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
195877sjb, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback from our guests is always very helpful. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the employee travel program that our hotel participates in that allowed you to get such an inexpensive rate for your stay. I wish you would have stopped by the desk to speak with me about your concerns personally so that I could have had the opportunity to benefit from your unique perspective as both a guest and fellow hospitality employee. I would have also liked the opportunity to address some of your concerns while you were still at the hotel. I will share your comments with our entire hotel staff so that we can address these issues for the benefit of all of our future guests. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a great day!
Luciana Fidelis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

The hotel and staff were beyond my expectations. I loved the cleanliness of the room and hotel on a whole was GREAT !
I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Breakfast was simple yet effective

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

My husband and I are truck drivers and stay at MANY hotels, and we found this amazing hotel, and let me say, it is one of the best we have stayed in, from the bed, to the clean room, to the staff, absolutely wonderful!!! we will definitely stay here again! I have ZERO complaints about this great place :)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Canton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

I stayed here for 5 nights on a recent vacation. Booked it thru Legacy Travel and got the room for only $80/night with a presentation. I also got $50 back after the presentation!!!! So all in all an obviously amazing deal. The staff was excellent and the location was great. We ate at the Waffle House the first morning and it was so convenient! Also, it's just blocks away from the Tanger Outlet, so of course we had to check that out! I would stay again, especially if I could get another deal like the one we got this time!!! Oh, you can book thru them by sending a request to misty.rogers@legacytravel.us They also handle Orlando, Myrtle Beach, New Smyrna, and Branson. I'm heading to Orlando next month and can't wait!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center? Share your experiences!