“Overall the Doubletree Hotel was very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7401 Northwoods Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29406   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Waldorf, Maryland
“Overall the Doubletree Hotel was very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The furnishings and condition of the Doubletree room surpassed most others in similar class. The flat screen tv's that were mounted on the wall are a great touch. I had a little glitch upon arrival. The first room had beer bottles under the table and a dirty bathroom I was immediately switched to a clean room. It was very nice. I didn't encounter any other issues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We are glad to that your stayed turn out to be what you expected. We do apologize that the first room your were checked in to was not up to your or DoubleTree by Hilton standards. We have addressed the issue cleanliness with our housekeeping staff, so we do not have that situation again. Thanks again for the pleasant words. We hope to see you soon!

843-518-6200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Between the entire staff being incredibly friendly and efficient and the hotel's beauty and cleanliness, our stay couldn't have been more enjoyable. Despite being at a hotel during the holidays, the staff provided top notch service whenever and wherever needed. The clean and roomy fitness center was generously stocked with the latest of exercise equipment and amenities. The buffet breakfast had lots of yummy and healthy foods yet the wait staff was always willing to have the chef make a favorite to order. I will highly recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate the kind review about the DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport. Our staff has trained and works very hard to reach the service that Hilton properties have been known for. We also agree that our menu has a nice variety for all types of pallets. We love all recommendations, and really enjoy reading kinds words like yours.

Peoria, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Nathan at the Front Desk is awesome. We have stayed here twice and the second time we were upgraded to a suite that was really nice. I agree the area is not the best but the parking lot is very well lit. My major gripe is why a hotel of this class would provide guests with such cheap toilet paper? I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel that uses the quality of toilet paper that we had in our suite. Breakfast was ok, the staff was neither friendly or helpful. But I would still recommend this hotel, just take your own toilet paper!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I were in Charleston to attend a wedding at Runnymeade plantation. Since we are not Kanye and Kim, we didn't want to stay downtown and spend $400 for a so-so hotel. Since we were renting a car, we decided we didn't mind staying further away and getting a nicer hotel.

I am so glad we choose DoubleTree for a few reasons:
1. Location - I know there are some complaints about the blah area, but unless you came to Charleston to do extensive sightseeing then who cares. The area is sort of industrial and drab but once you are inside the hotel you forget about all that. Which leads me to...

2. Decor - lobby was clean and actually kind of beautiful. Someone took some extra time to make this place look very modern and elegant. A big screen is in front with some cozy chairs, nice little bar/restaurant area, and some other amenities.

3. Service - EXCELLENT. Reggie helped us the entire stay and not only was he attentive and awesome (when we were eating at the bar, the bartender told us a round of drinks was on Reggie!) but he upgraded us to a suite for no apparent reason other than he is awesome. Our bartender was friendly, helpful, and courteous. Every person I encountered during our stay went above and beyond the call of duty.

4. The room - great suite. New furniture and appliances. The bathroom had plenty of room for two people and the bed was very comfortable. No complaints about the room whatsoever. Any time we needed anything, we called down and were promptly helped.

5. The pool! - Yeah, the pool does back up to the freeway but I SWEAR you forget about this as soon are you relaxing. I went down to the pool for a few hours to read a magazine and hang out and it was great. I even tried out the pool and it was clean and well kept. There are these cute cabanas with cozy couches and chairs - a nice touch. Also - there is a firepit and chairs outside near the pool area which was a nice addition to this area. Very cozy but still large enough to have a bunch of people out there at one time.

6. Food - the food at the bar was actually pretty good! I was pleasantly surprised. Not a 5 star restaurant by any means but definitely better than a local chili's.

What else is there to say? This hotel is affordable, clean, easy on the eyes and has GREAT service. As I mentioned earlier, I quickly forgot about the surrounding area once I was inside the hotel because they treated us like we were royalty. I don't know about you, but I'd rather stay somewhere that treats me well, that is clean and kept up than stay at a place that costs triple and I am treated like some annoying tourist.

Two thumbs up all the way. Thanks, Reggie, for making our Charleston trip extra amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Mrs. Dana B,
Thanks so much for the thoughtful review about the DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport. We love the design of our new property, especially the new décor. Our pool and fire pit area have been a big hit with our guest. We agree with you %100 about Reggie, he is very helpful and cares about each and everyone of our guest. Thanks again for staying with us.

North Charleston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel staff was great. The layout of the hotel was very appealing because my kids really enjoyed the fire pit outside. It had a great bar and dining area. It was very conveniently located for the activities that we were involved in during our stay. Easy to get into parking lot from interstate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Mr. Walter P,
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. The DoubleTree by Hilton ensures that we upheld the standards that they set for us. We think the fire pit was an awesome feature to the fantastic pool area. The next time you come visit us the children would love Frankie’s fun park, which is located right down the street from us. It has putt-putt, batting cages, and an arcade. We deeply appreciate the great review.

Best Regards,
Doubletree by Hilton Charleston Airport
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This property is still brand new, mordern, and very chik. I appreciated the 5 star service from the front desk manager, Nathan, who was very down to earth and quick to make you feel at home! They give you free out of this world Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with nuts. The bar area is the perfect place to watch a football game and just hang out with friends. I liked the fact it is central area of North Charleston, SC and right next to the interstate/very convenient. I really liked the crystal kryptonite decor in the breakfast area. I thought, I was on the set of "Superman". The breakfast buffet was delicious especially the southern grits and oatmeal. I will definitely be back to this Double Tree and tell all my colleagues. I suggest you check out this awesome new property...

Room Tip: The corner suite on the third floor is heavenly.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the very kind review about the DoubleTree By Hilton Charleston Airport.
Most every guest is in agreement with you about how wonderful the warm chocolate chip and walnut cookie. We work really hard on giving the best customer service that is possible. Thanks so much for the great review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,

Doubletree by Hilton Charleston Airport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This property appears to be a remodel of an older hotel. However, they have spent extensive time and care to make an excellent property. I have no complaints with our suite. Spacious room, great TV's, comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom. No problem recommending the DoubleTree, N. Charleston!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review about the DoubleTree By Hilton Charleston Airport. Our property is a new remodel; we have only been open for a little under a year. We have had a lot of complements about the design and layout of our hotel. Thanks again for the thoughts.

DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport? Share your experiences!