“Won't stay here again!” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
“Won't stay here again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for my son's soccer tournament friday-tuesday. We had four of our teams families book here too. About 10 minutes after we got in our room we noticed there were FLEAS in it. We informed the front desk who said "we don't allow pets here" they said they would call maintenance. After going to the pool to dip our kids in the water we got back to the room and the smell of flea powder was overwhelming. They offered us 2 smoking rooms but they smelled too bad. It was only after I got on hotels.com in the lobby that they offered us another smoking room that was not as bad for the night. The next day while at the tournament the hotel called me and said we had an hour to get our stuff out of the room we were currently in. So my daughters and I race back to the hotel to switch rooms. When we got there I was informed our new room wouldn't be ready until 3, it was 1:30. My son's next game was at 2. Luckily housekeeping let us put our stuff in the new room while they were finishing cleaning it or I would have left my families things (6 peoples worth of stuff) all along the hallway. Because it was not going back in the car. We raced back to the fields and missed 5 minutes of a 20 minute game. The rest of our stay wasn't as bad. They did take a little money off our bill but it wasn't enough for the hassel.

• Stayed July 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I am sorry about the condition of your room, and that we did not have the requested room to move you that day. It seems that communication between departments was the problem the next day. I am so sorry that you missed some of your son's game.
I also apologize for all the inconvenience of having to move from your assigned room. We will discuss all this at our staff meeting to improve these area. We definitely take these comment seriously.
Your business (and soccer teams) are important to us, we appreciate your business and I can assure you that your experience is not typical of our hotel and its services.
Thank you again, wishing you safe travels and winning soccer teams.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean and excellent value. Caring and professional staff. Staff went out of their way to assist. Convenient on and off interstate and near places to eat. I have stayed here on several occasions and will return again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
As a returning guest, we really appreciate your comments. It is good to know that our staff and our services are the reason for return business. I will share these comments with the employees so they know their hard work is noticed.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Riverview, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel was pretty good for our weekend stay. The beds were really comfortable and the queen suite was roomy. The noise from the hall and room next door was loud but the staff took care of it after we complained. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our hotel, these reviews are very important to us. I'm glad you let us know about the noise so we could take care of the problem.
We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My reason for travel was to attend a wedding. I had late arrival but the front desk went beyond their way and accommodates me. They were very friendly and courteous. The Hotel is very accommodating. The Lobby was nicely decorated. The room was very well maintained and smells fresh. I stayed in Two Doubles were clean and comfortable, along with Desk, Television, Internet access, Refrigerator and Hair dryer. The hotel was quiet at night so I had great sleep.. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Your review and recommendations are greatly appreciated. We are so pleased that you chose our hotel for your recent trip to the Charleston area. It is also good to hear that we met your expectations.
Your business and the review are very important to us, we hope you will visit us again soon.
drama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My company paid for a week at this hotel. I expected it to be great service since the company paid a good price for it. My kids were with me. NOT a kid friendly hotel. My 4 yr old fell off the bed in his sleep. We immediately got a nuisance call. The next day, they were giggly, we immediately got another call. They had to be as quiet as church mice in order for us to not get a call from the front desk.
The last night of our stay, the fire alarm went off. All the guests start piling out the door, as we get to the outside door, we are told, it is nothing go back to your rooms. No fire truck came to check it out. Later we saw a service man going upstairs. Obviously the owner knew exactly why it went off. I still cant get over no police or fire dept called. What if there had been an electrical fire that you could not see right away?
I WILL NOT Stay here again and I will make certain my company puts no one else here.
When we ask for towels for the pool, they checked them out to you. I guess to make certain you brought them back. I don't know about anyone else but I dont' want their towels.

Room Tip: Some of the maids did not want to service our room if we happened to be in it. Even after we told th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Best Western Airport. I will discuss your comments with the owner so he can make any corrections necessary.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you.
We wish you safe and happy travels.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family reunion group of over 100 people enjoyed their stay at this Best Western. The hotel is in a great location to food, shopping and downtown! We enjoyed the clean rooms and overall appearance of the hotel! The free breakfast was also a plus!!!!! Thanks for accomodating us...2013 Murph Family Reunion!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Airport for your 2013 Reunion. I am so pleased that your group enjoyed their stay with us. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we thank you also for taking time to write this review so others know of your experience.
We hope your reunion will return to the Charleston area again soon (how about 2014) and will choose to stay with us.
Wishing you safe travels and thanking you for staying with us.
salinas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had an extremely positive experience staying at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites. The rooms are very big and come with a TV, Coffee/tea maker, Hairdryer, Iron, ironing board, A.C, Microwave, Refrigerator, Desk, Chairs, Internet and many more. The beds were amazing- I did not want to get up in the morning. The Front Desk was very helpful when I had questions about my bill and reservation. The rest of the staff was helpful too, when I had a question or two about the hotel or things in the area. The Lobby was very well maintained. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your review has been shared with the staff and management so they know their hard work is appreciated. We appreciate you taking time to write this review so other travelers know of our hotel.
Your business is very important to us, please plan to visit again soon.
Guest Relations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!