“Great clean spacious rooms and super friendly competent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
York
“Great clean spacious rooms and super friendly competent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Rooms very clean and spacious with 2 big closets which was very important since I was staying for 3 months. Nights were very quite, no noise from other rooms. Location was 2 miles from the office and next to the mall and about 6 restaurants all within walking distance, which was very nice and convenient. The staff was not only very friendly with prompt service but also very competent as they could always answer questions and make recommendations.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

We stayed two months and it was a blast. The staff, especially Ms. Kathy Jennings, the PM supervisor was an excellent host.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stay at Candlewood Suites, Northwoods Mall, often. The staff is Professional/Fun to interface with.
General Manager, Jennifer C, Operational Manager, Elizabeth K and Guest Services Kathy J (Kat or is that Cat) are great, they will leave no stone un-turned to make their guest comfortable.
The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable. I make good use of the stove, microwave and frig. The location is easily accessible and off of the noise interstate, yet close to great restaurants and downtown Charleston.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Anderson, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

We go to the Charleston area about once a year and have stayed in many hotels in N. Charleston. We will be staying here from now on for future trips.

Check in was speedy and courteous. We had a reservation fully paid in advance.

Room was immaculate and very quiet. I'm finicky about cleanliness and sanitation. I am also a light sleeper was was never interrupted by noise. We didn't have maid service as we only stayed 3 nights.

Beds very comfortable. Cable TV. Kitchen area well equipped with even a dishwasher. Large shopping Mall across the street. WalMart for groceries nearby. Hooters at entrance but the Mrs. wouldn't let me go.
Pretty good workout room. Honor system food area. No pool. Adequate parking.

Some Naval personnel were staying there while docked and they were courteous and quiet. A few hotels in N. Charleston have military lodged in them. Air Force base nearby.

About a 20 minute drive to downtown Charleston so no need to spend higher prices to stay there. Love the Aquarium (a must see), the Straw Market, The Battery, and Magnolia Plantation.

• Liked — Cleanliness and quietness.
  • Disliked — No negatives but a pool would be nice.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had originally booked the Embassy Suites near the airport, but because they did not have any non-smoking rooms available, we moved to this hotel. I was worried about it...but, I was pleasantly surprised! It is very new and clean and has everything you could need. They even put a bag of popcorn in the microwave for you to pop! And, you can check-out DVD movies for free at the front desk. They have a nice selection. The room also has a full kitchen (minus oven) and free internet as well as a large closet and comfy beds and bed linens. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The clean rooms have everything you could ever need!
  • Disliked — Location is not great, but OK.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

This was my first stay at Candlewood Suites ever and it couldn't have been better. The hotel is brand new with free parking, wireless internet, fitness room, and decent DVD library.

It was very easy to find, right off the freeway by Northwoods Mall about 10 min drive from the airport. I was here for 2 nights for business. After long day working, it was great to have an access to department stores, movie theatre, book stores, restaurants, etc.

Everything was new at this all-suite hotel. My suite was big, clean, felt homie, had nice large desk and nicely equiped kitchen. Bedroom was quiet and had great bed. Cleanliness was above average and the service superb. The manager Jennifer was around all the time and went out of her way to make me feel welcome and at home. I'll be back!

• Liked — room, service, location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

Except for the allowed pets it was nice and quiet. Top floor is my preference but there is smoking allowed on one wing. The elevator is very slow. The outside gazebo was nice to grill on. Where is the pool?
I really loved the room divided up with the seperate bedroom. The kitcenette was fully loaded (minus food of course). The mall and theater was definently put to use as well as a great selection of places to eat. Overall location is great. The staff and service was above reproach. Need the continental breakfast and that pool. The internet was very convenient to have. I'll be back!

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — elevator speed way to slow
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall? Share your experiences!