“Worst night. Poor security and not in a great neighborhood.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Greenville, South Carolina
“Worst night. Poor security and not in a great neighborhood.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was one of the most poorly run establishments i have ever stayed in. At check in they were a room short. Did not have any rooms like we booked. When i got the last Key, i went to the room and opened the door to find that it was some one else's room. I went back to the front desk to let them know what i found. Her response was oops wrong room. If this is there normal security i don't want to ever stay at a Candlewood again. It was my first and last.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I greatly apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We take security very seriously and we are taking every precaution to ensure this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another chance to show you how important your review is to us and our management company. If you have any questions or other concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Amy Banuelos
Director of Sales
843-797-3535

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I booked a two night stay with our children in this Candlewood Suites. Staff were nice, however, upon arrival the first night, the room we booked (double suite) was given to someone else and we were given two rooms and had to split up our family. One of the two rooms (which was designated nonsmoking) smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. We were then given another room and it was tolerable. The televisions didn't work in two of the rooms. Phones were broken in one. After the first night, we asked if we could check into a double suite room (like we originally booked). The hotel complied, called us when it was ready. We got to this room and it smelled like a bug bomb. Strong chemical smell and windows were open. We asked the front desk and they reported that the floors have been cleaned and that is what the smell is. I have never smelled floor cleaner that had this strong of a chemical smell. Also, don't want my kids to stay in a room with such strong chemicals. Overall, very disappointed and will never come back to this hotel again. The staff were friendly which is about the only positive comment we have.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Manager at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk with you today. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations. I am glad we were able to come to a resolution and hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you again in the future. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Sarah Parrish
843-797-3535
manager@cwcharleston.com
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and immediately loved this place when, at check-in, the clerk upgraded us to a one-bedroom suite. Another nice feature was the the free laundry facilities - which allowed me to wash my clothes, which was a big convenience as we headed out to the second leg of our trip. Finally - the hotel next to a mall and close to several restaurants (Olive Garden, O'Charleys, Outback)... so grabbing a bite to eat was easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Jacob and June, We are happy to hear you were happy with your stay and enjoyed your suite. Our complimentary laundry facilites are one of our many great amenities. Location is a big decision factor when choosing a hotel and we are proud that we are able to provide our guests with such a great location. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The outside of the hotel is nice. But once I got to the door I was second guessing my stay. Penny was the lady checking us in and she was great and friendly. We went to our room and found noodles stuck to the ceiling. We asked for a different room. Penny kindly switched us to a new room. This room smelt bad of stall cigarettes. The chairs in both rooms had ripped pleather, the floors needed some major cleaning and even the closet doors were dirty. The bathrooms were spacious and seemed ok but we really didn't stay in the room long enough to find out. So after two different rooms we decided to go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Cleanliness is very important to us and we will definitely address the staff regarding your comments to ensure this never happens again. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how serious we are about your concerns. Thank you again for your review. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss this further.
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is aging and shows it. The rooms are very good for the price, but if you get a seperate bedroom suite it can get very warm in the room. The AC is not directly in there and will need to be lowered a lot to cool it down. The beds are smaller than usual, a queen reminded me of a double. The showers had great water preassure and there is a large refrigerator in the room. Overall I can not post a good review because both my co-workers room and mine were not cleaned the next day. The good thing I can say is the people at the front desk are very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our property. We value comments both positive and negative as they help us continue to improve and grow as a hotel. All comments from our guests serve as a tool to strengthen our performance in the future. Candlewood Inn and Suites is an extended stay property and we do not have Housekeeping Services every day as different properties do. Guests are always encouraged to ask one of our accommodating desk clerks for anything that they need during their stay. We are truly sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give our hotel a second chance the next time you are in Charleston, SC. We look forward to seeing you.
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I loved the people at the hotel not just the employees but the other guests! Hotel was clean and right next to a movie theater that had $5 movies! Free laundry was nice! Sarah and John at the desk were great! We Will be back. Thanks

• Stayed July 2013
Amy M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear you were pleased with the hotel. We are also glad to know you how much you liked our guests....we love them too! It's our goal to make our guests feel at home and I know Sarah and John certainly appreciate that you noticed the great customer service they provide. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel stay all in all was GREAT!! My husband and i really enjoyed the hotel.. The employees were very nice and the Hotel being directly across the mall and right beside the movie theater was even better! If u plan to go to Charleston you must check out the waterfront river park.. My husband and i did a nice romantic picnic there and walk along the trail to enjoy the scenery.. My only downfall i would say about the hotel is that is DOESNT have continental breakfast, NO swimming pool and housekeeping ONLY comes once a week.. We left out to enjoy the dinner cruise at fort sumpter and expected to come back to clean towels and a made up bed which we didnt.. But in the end it was still a GREAT stay.. So, yes i would recommend this hotel.. I hope my review help with your decision..

Mrs. Hendricks
Hope Mills NC

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy M, Manager at Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! I shared your kind words with the staff and we are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel. We agree, the location of the hotel is great and we were delighted you and your husband were able to enjoy the mall, movie theater and local attractions. Although we do not offer a breakfast, our suites are equipped with full kitchens and the Candlewood Cupboard has several different breakfast items for you to choose from. Next time you stay with us please let us know when you need items such as linens or towels. Our staff will be more than happy to bring them to you. We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall? Share your experiences!