This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites, a chain I never heard of until business called me to Charleston the weekend of a golf tournament that drove up the prices or sold out my usual hotel spots. Another reason I booked this hotel was because it is pet friendly. Since I was traveling alone, I wanted to bring my miniature schnauzer along. During my 3 night stay I saw several others with their pets as well. Overall I found the area as well as the hotel safe and clean--important to a female like me traveling alone.
This is an extended stay hotel, meaning you won't get daily maid service which is fine because I don't need someone knocking at my door at 8 am to make up my bed. There are free laundry services, just purchase your own detergent. There is also a small 24/7 "store" inside where you can purchase many different food items and charge it to your room on some sort of "honor" system they have set up. Since it's an extended stay, your room has a small kitchen area. Mine had a full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and stove top with 2 cooking spots and all relevant utensils and plates and such. Bathroom was clean and cozy, pretty basic and what you'll find in a typical american home.
I only encountered two issues during my stay, and that was my annoying neighbors above my room, stomping around at all hours of the night. Not the hotel's fault, and they were helpful enough to offer me a room on the top floor. The only other issue for me was the way the A/C unit works...it runs (loudly in my opinion) for a few minutes and the room is cool. Then it clicks off completely for about 15 minutes (and its dead quiet), and the room warms up again until it clicks back on. I'm not a A/C expert but I imagine that's the way an AC works, but the rise and fall in temperature and noise was pretty annoying for me. I'm not a light sleeper, but I am picky about my sleep.
Of course I read up on this hotel before booking, so thanks to everyone who posted about the huge holes in the road leading to the front door of this hotel. It was really rainy in Charleston during my visit, and all these holes were filled with water, so it would have been harder to spot had I not expected them. Keep in mind you can go to the right of these huge potholes, and just drive around the other side of the building to avoid them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home at Candlewood Suites North Charleston. Welcome to the Candlewood Suites in North Charleston, South Carolina. Our hotel's convenient location places you just minutes from historic downtown Charleston and the Charleston International Airport. Guests traveling for business or leisure will feel right at home in our comfortable suites. If you are visiting Charleston for leisure, historic downtown Charleston is just a short drive from our hotel. In Charleston, you can visit a plantation, take a tour of Fort Sumter or the USS Yorktown, or relax on one of South Carolina's beautiful beaches. For those who love to shop, Northwoods Mall is just steps from our hotel. Those who are in town for business will enjoy our Charleston hotel's ideal location near I-26 and just minutes from the Charleston Convention Center, Charleston Air Force Base, Naval Weapons Station and Trident Hospital. Our hotel also provides convenient access to Trident Technical College, Charleston Southern University, the College of Charleston and MUSC. Whether you stay for one night or make yourself at home for an extended stay, we are ready to serve you. Our suites include fully equipped kitchens and the Candlewood Cupboard, our 24-hour convenience store, located in the lobby with a variety of items at great values. Our property also offers free laundry facilities to all guests. Check out our Charleston hotel's great deals and plan your stay with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites I-26 @ Northwoods Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites i-26 @ Northwoods Mall Hotel North Charleston
- Candlewood Suites North Charleston
- Candlewood North Charleston
- North Charleston Candlewood Suites