I don 't usually totally flame a place I stay at, but this establishment deserves it. I am in Charleston SC for an extended time and chose this place to stay at for a 3 month period. I have stayed at extended stay hotels in the past, in Indianapolis and and Las Vegas, So I am familiar with the amenities these establishments offer, basicly nothing in the way of housekeeping. Ok, you accept that. Room cleaning and clean sheets and towels once a week, Not at Value Place, its every two weeks. And if you leave anything on the bed on your house keeping day they will not change the sheets. I found this out, when I came home from the job site and found a form letter on the bed saying "we did not change your sheets because you had personal items on the bed". This "personal" item was an orthopedic pillow I carry because of a neck issue. So, it was a month before I had my sheets changed.
And thats just the beginning, seems every other day or so, they need to come into your room and tape a notice on the television concerning proper disposal of your trash (you take your own trash out to a dumpster) or some other such thing. They will kindly inform you before your room is to be cleaned (with a notice taped to the TV) telling you, "you must remove all personal belongings from the Bathroom area, kitchen area and the bed. I guess, if you want the room cleaned and your bedding changed, you need to load all of your stuff into your car that day.
It gets worse. I left out of the hotel on 1/29/13 at 5:35AM and come around the corner going to my car and I see a person I know as an employee of Value Place peering into the window of the room next to mine. I called out to him, "what are you a peeping tom"? He just about jumped out of his skin and said, "No, I think they are smoking in there". I told him, "that don't give you a right to peep in that window". Stammering, he replied "Oh, well, I think they are dealing drugs". "There is a lot of traffic in and out of there". I have been here for a month and I never noticed any unusual "traffic" there.
Its gets better even. On Friday February 2nd at 9PM I have someone banging on my door. I am on the phone with my wife at the time, I get up and look thru the little thing on the door and see a woman out there I recognize her as someone that works for and lives in the building. I ask her, "what do you want"? She says, "your smoking in there, let me in". I told her, "go away".
I moved out the following morning. I am now at a Days Inn 2 blocks from where I am working. Review to come.
Value Place: Worn out 5" mattress on a particle board platform. No box springs.
Lowest tier cable channels on a small old box type televison. No premium channels.
WiFi available for $10.00 a week.
No cookware or silverware. (You can purchase it there at the front desk)
Rude, impolite desk clerks.
I can go on and on, but this review is already to long.
I can only hope the moderators here will post it. Because, you folks out there need to stay away from this place.
- Also Known As:
- Value Place Charleston Northside Hotel North Charleston
- Value Place Charleston Northside Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Value Place Charleston Northside is conveniently located off of I-26 and Ashley Phosphate Rd., just minutes away from the beach and from the City Market, a 200 year old market open 365 days a year. Enjoy all kinds of American history including Fort Sumter, the location that marks the beginning of the Civil War, USS Yorktown, and The Naval & Maritime Museum. Celebrate the finer things in life with a night out for dinner, music or the theater. While in Charleston you can take in a round of golf at one of several courses or spend a day at Folly Beach or the Isle of Palms. Value Place Charleston Northside is also near the Aquarium Battery Park and Plantations and Gardens. Events coming up in Charleston include the 2010 Family Circle Cup, International Antiques Show, and World Grits Festival. Once you arrive at our location, our friendly Value Place Charleston Northside team will be happy to help you navigate around town. Just think of us as your guide to the Charleston area - from the best local restaurants and attractions to any driving directions you might need to get you there, we are here to make your stay at Value Place Charleston Northside exceptional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Value Place Charleston Northside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.