“Pretty good, for a minimun security prison.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Value Place Charleston Northside to your Saves list
Value Place Charleston Northside
7477 Northside Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420   |
Charleston, South Carolina
“Pretty good, for a minimun security prison.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I don 't usually totally flame a place I stay at, but this establishment deserves it. I am in Charleston SC for an extended time and chose this place to stay at for a 3 month period. I have stayed at extended stay hotels in the past, in Indianapolis and and Las Vegas, So I am familiar with the amenities these establishments offer, basicly nothing in the way of housekeeping. Ok, you accept that. Room cleaning and clean sheets and towels once a week, Not at Value Place, its every two weeks. And if you leave anything on the bed on your house keeping day they will not change the sheets. I found this out, when I came home from the job site and found a form letter on the bed saying "we did not change your sheets because you had personal items on the bed". This "personal" item was an orthopedic pillow I carry because of a neck issue. So, it was a month before I had my sheets changed.
And thats just the beginning, seems every other day or so, they need to come into your room and tape a notice on the television concerning proper disposal of your trash (you take your own trash out to a dumpster) or some other such thing. They will kindly inform you before your room is to be cleaned (with a notice taped to the TV) telling you, "you must remove all personal belongings from the Bathroom area, kitchen area and the bed. I guess, if you want the room cleaned and your bedding changed, you need to load all of your stuff into your car that day.
It gets worse. I left out of the hotel on 1/29/13 at 5:35AM and come around the corner going to my car and I see a person I know as an employee of Value Place peering into the window of the room next to mine. I called out to him, "what are you a peeping tom"? He just about jumped out of his skin and said, "No, I think they are smoking in there". I told him, "that don't give you a right to peep in that window". Stammering, he replied "Oh, well, I think they are dealing drugs". "There is a lot of traffic in and out of there". I have been here for a month and I never noticed any unusual "traffic" there.
Its gets better even. On Friday February 2nd at 9PM I have someone banging on my door. I am on the phone with my wife at the time, I get up and look thru the little thing on the door and see a woman out there I recognize her as someone that works for and lives in the building. I ask her, "what do you want"? She says, "your smoking in there, let me in". I told her, "go away".
I moved out the following morning. I am now at a Days Inn 2 blocks from where I am working. Review to come.
Value Place: Worn out 5" mattress on a particle board platform. No box springs.
Lowest tier cable channels on a small old box type televison. No premium channels.
WiFi available for $10.00 a week.
No cookware or silverware. (You can purchase it there at the front desk)
Rude, impolite desk clerks.
I can go on and on, but this review is already to long.
I can only hope the moderators here will post it. Because, you folks out there need to stay away from this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Charleston Northside, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Value Place prides ourselves on keeping our properties clean and safe for our guests. Part of this includes making sure our guests abide by the property rules and do not smoke in a non-smoking room. We want to ensure a consistently clean and safe stay for each of our guests.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
LadyAqua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

So have had to stay here while looking for work due to a relocation. The place is clean, SAFE and have had not issues with other tenants/room patrons. Sometimes it can get noisy in the AM with everyone going to work, but overall the place is well kept and the staff while at times is busy and aloof will make sure you are taken care of if you bring it to their attention. Value is true as for $230 a week with tax you can't beat it.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center and you have to rent coffee makers or buy your own.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Charleston Northside, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are delighted to hear you that you had a pleasant stay with us! At Value Place you will always receive an affordable price in a cleaner, safer, simpler, and flexible property. We’re about living better through better value and no matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels!
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My car was parked just three spaces from the front door and it was stolen out of the parking lot. This was Saturday night on 1/21/2012. There are no video camera's on the outside of the building so they are not responsible for any activity, criminal or otherwise, that happens here, but possibly able to help if they catch the activity on one of the camera's inside the bldg. It is ironic that the other two Value Places in Charleston SC have perm. security by armed officers. The young girl who works the front desk during the week is very rude. The weekend girl is more knowledgeable and accommodating. The rooms are clean, but the people staying right above us must have had an elephant staying with them. Noises and terrible smells in the hallways and out front where all the smoker's congregate. My car has yet to be recovered!!!!!! This was not a pleasant experience to say the least.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Room was very clean .this hotel does not have room service but the staff is very friendly and helpful you can exchange your linene at any time.the room has a full size refridgerator with a freezer plenty of cabinet space. we were able to save money by being able to cook in the room.even though we were ther only for aweek it was kind of sad leaving because the staff made us feel asif we were family while there. If I ever have a chace to come to charleston again I will be staying at Value Place Rivers. I see some people have complaints but we did not experiance any unplesantness while we were there but as always there are always some folks who are never satisfied.My suggestion is before you decide on a hotel go by value place and take a tour for yourself.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Charleston Northside, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. We appreciate you staying with us, we wish you well in your future travels, come back and see us!
Charleston, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

It was clean, cheap and the staff was good but, it was very noisey, there were four young guys staying above me who seem to run back and forth and houresplay most of the night, it was so loud that they would wake me at 2-3 in the morning. I told the management but it continued so I had to find another place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Anderson, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Everything was clean, neat, and orderly. I've stayed at another weekly rate hotel before and it was horribly disappointing. Value Place Northside was everything but disappointing. Yes, I had to pay $10.00 a week for the high speed internet....you need a Cat-5 cable (I think that's what it's called). I didn't have one and the desk clerk let me use one of theirs. Yes, I had to bring an extra roll of TP from home just in case I needed it for the week (one was in the room already). Yes, I brought a couple of plates, some silverware, and cups from home. I didn't need pots and pans as I lived off of TV dinners. The lack of frills didn't bother me one bit. I felt safe in my room, in the elevator, on the hotel grounds. Everyone I met (both guests and staff) were very friendly. Even the children were well behaved. It was more like a cozy apartment atmosphere than an extended stay hotel. The hotel is very conveniently located....close to restaurants, shopping. Next time I visit Charleston for more than a couple of days I will stay at Value Place Northside. You can't beat the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for lodging with us, we are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! At Value Place, you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. In fact, some team members live onsite to uphold our rigorous cleaning and safety standards. We wish you well in your future travels and if you're ever looking for an extended stay we hope you'll choose Value Place!
willow spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

Well worth the money . Staff is friendly , hotel is safe, quiet.

Stayed April 2008
We appreciate you staying with us! The Value Place promise is a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. We wish you the best in your future travels, come back and visit!

Been to Value Place Charleston Northside? Share your experiences!