“Not Bad But Not Great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites North Charleston

You added Country Inn & Suites North Charleston to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites North Charleston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7429 Stafford Rd, near Northwood Mall, North Charleston, SC 29406   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Alachua, FL
“Not Bad But Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Let me start out by stating that Country Inns & Suites is my first choice in hotels. I regularly stay at the inn in Pinellas Park, FL since business takes me there several times per month. I have racked up a ton of points with them and I try to stay at Carlson properties when I can.

I recently visited Charleston and, when looking for a place to stay, I opted for the Country Inn in North Charleston. I dropped of a rental car at the airport so my business associate and I checked out several of the name-brand hotels adjacent to the airport. All were priced in the $130-$150 range. So I talked him into heading up the road a few miles to the Country Inn.

All-in-all, it was not a bad experience for me. Although it was reasonably clean, quiet, and comfortable, I felt that it was a notch below the typical Carlson inn standards. I got a decent night's sleep but my associate complained that the air conditioning unit in his room kept him awake all night as it kicked on and turned off. Perhaps he is just a light sleeper, I don't know. I noticed the noise of mine but, once I was asleep, it did not bother me. But, if you are a light sleeper, you might want to take this into account.

The location may also be a turn-off since it doesn't appear to be a particularly nice area. Then again, that may explain why it was priced $40 less than the hotels in close proximity to the airport. One positive: The young lady that checked us in was very pleasant.

I have stayed at much nice Country Inn locations than this one. Again, no complaints really; if 3-1/2 stars was an option, I'd probably give them the extra half-star. but it does not rate a four in my opinion.

You can do worse (MUCH worse) but you can probably do better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay there. What usually counts for us is the service. The staff was A+, very pleasant, accommodating and caring. The facility and food were great as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Clermont, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Hotel is extremely nice especially for a hotel Rooms were all very large, beds were great, I had never been to Charleston before and had no idea what to expect. I certainly didn't expect to land at the best Hotel in one of the most fun towns this country has to offer. This place had everything we could need and more. Not only was the Hotel staff knowledgeable and friendly, they made a point to greet us each day and even helped us with transportation arrangements. I have never had better service or accomodations anywhere in the country. The pool was warm and the people were first class. Perfect location. I'm coming back to Charleston and would only stay here.

Room Tip: Great hotel in a wonderful location. Check in was great and the front desk was absolutely wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here while traveling. When we arived the whole family was tired and wanted a clean soft bed to sleep in. When we booked this hotel, we didn't pay much attention, because we would be spending time with family. All we wanted was a clean hotel. When we entered the hotel it seemed promising. The person who checked us in was very nice and helpful! When we got to our room, it was NOT clean. There were stains on the chairs and carpet and the over all room was unclean. We would have changed hotel, except it was too late to go find a new hotel. Instead we asked if we could be moved to a different room. They moved us to a cleaner room. Still, the furniture was old and the maids did not pay attention to the details when they cleaned the room. The pull out bed was extremely uncomfortable! Over all the hotel wasn't bad, but i would not stay there again or recommend it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Nicole was warm, frindly, knowegeable, caring, even though she was putting in a 24 hour shift, and has just completed training in the US Coast Guard!
You should give hed a raise, but you probably couldn't afford her.

A Satisfied custormer,
Don Clark
I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in November, Hotel and rooms were very nice and clean , staff were very helpfull, Breakfast room was very good, a great base to stay with easy access to the city.
We would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Mall and restaurants just around the corner, hotel is in the ideal position to go into the city or u...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed a week in mid July for business. Staff was great to make sure all my needs were met. Hotel was very clean and a great little breakfast available. Non Smoking rooms and they are for sure non smoking, policy is to charge you if you are smoking. No bad smells and they assign a maid for each room series during your stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite which is away from the elevators and less noisy
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites North Charleston? Share your experiences!