“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baton Rouge, LA
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

Stayed here on business in Charleston suburbs. Clean hotel. Newer Holiday Inn. Built in the last 5 years. Staff very nice and rooms clean. Nice lobby. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HolidayInnCHSManager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We strive to Holiday Inn Charleston Airport a hotel that fits the needs of business and leisure travelers. We opened in 2006 and people are always amazed by how new and fresh our hotel is. Thanks again!

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
x
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

I chose this hotel after I signed up with Resorts Plus International. Using RSI, I found tremdous savings at several locations in the area. However, this hotel had the best BBB rating and reviews online. Clean rooms, wonderful staff and even an airport shuttle. More than happy with my decision.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Beautiful accomodations. Comfortable beds. Clean & pretty room. Beautiful lobby. Friendly staff. Only about 10min from downtown Charleston. Didn't feel is was a hassle to NOT be downtown; it was actually nice to get away from the busyness of downtown at the end of the day. Didn't hear the planes from nearby airport much at all. Didn't try the onsite restaurant because there is a Dennys literally right next door, but I'm sure the restaurant would be great too based on the other accommodations. Will definitely stay here again whenever we return to Charleston.

• Stayed October 2010
Hudson, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I just wanted to give kudos to the staff members of the Holiday Inn Charleston Airport Hotel that checked us in during the early morning hours (3:30 am!) of October 28th. We were due to arrive on October 27th - -however, due to horrendous weather in Atlanta, our plane, which was due to take off at 10:46 pm, did not leave the airport until 2:30 am on the 28th.

It was a horrible day - - - our luggage was waiting for us when we got to Charleston, but of course the car rental agencies were long closed. Luckily, I had booked this hotel because it had a shuttle and because I was fearful that just such an incident might happen. However, after a day of tired, angry and surly people, I was expecting a sleepy and unhappy staff at the Holiday Inn.

My expectations couldn’t have been more wrong. The minute I called and asked the desk clerk if we could please have a shuttle come get us, I was met with a warm and friendly “but certainly Ma’am, I’ll send our shuttle over right away”. Our shuttle driver arrived within minutes, and he was equally happy, warm and friendly - - -certainly not the 3:00 am disposition I was expecting! He helped us with our luggage, talked to us about our journey on the way to the hotel, and was as pleasant as he could be. The desk clerk (I am assuming the same person I had spoken to earlier) was once again just as pleasant and friendly as our shuttle driver, and even asked if a late checkout would help us out the next day. The room was spacious, clean and quiet, and even though we got up late the next morning, there was a good hot cup of coffee waiting for us in the lobby.

Too often, the bad things get noticed while the good things slip by without mention. This hotel had the quality that I find sadly lacking in even the best places - - - warmth, friendliness and a true caring for the customer. The staff at the Charleston Holiday Inn Airport Hotel truly made our arrival in Charleston feel like a welcoming one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

This hotel exceeded my expectation in every aspect. My very picky mother accompanied me & teenaged daughter. Not only was the room VERY clean, the hotel staff were friendly and accommodating(had local restaurants and directions handy). Hotel is in a great location also. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Charleston and I'll only stay in this location from now on.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Wauwatosa, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Charleston area. It was updated, impeccably clean with a very friendly staff!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times for business travel and have been 100% pleased with it after each stay. The hotel staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient. The hotel is new, trendy, and clean and easily accessible off the highway and very close to the airport. I requested a room facing the back of the hotel so I didn't hear any of the road noise or have any street lights shining in. All in all, GREAT hotel, I would recommend it 100%. Oh, and they have multiple flavors of coffee creamer in their lobby which is a delightful little surprise!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Charleston Airport/Convention Center? Share your experiences!