“Choose another Fairfield in Charleston!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 North Forest Dr, North Charleston, SC 29420 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
MD
“Choose another Fairfield in Charleston!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Let me preface this with the fact that I am a loyal Marriott customer and I have stayed at other Fairfield chains. This visit, unfortunately, was quite possibly the WORST of them all. From an aesthetic standpoint, it's fine. Customer service, with some staff, is POOR.

Issues to address:
1) On Thursday night, close to midnight, my room key was not working. Instead of waking up the rest of my family, I went to the front desk to have my key reset. There was no staff to be found after waiting for more than 10 minutes. There were also 2 other guests in front of me waiting. One person just wanted to purchase a drink - who ended up just taking the drink with her and said that she will pay the next day. After 10 minutes, I gave up and woke up my parents to open the door.
2) Friday morning -We went to the main lobby for the continental breakfast. It was decent. Nothing to rave about. But, the issue I ran into was the fact that my 2 year old accidently dropped a few cheerios on the floor. At that point, one of the staff members brought a broom and dust pan and put it against a chair at our table as to suggest that I was going to clean it up. I'm not opposed to cleaning up after my kids, but this gesture was VERY RUDE.
3) The shower in room 306 was not working well. When you turned the valve, it was either very cold or very hot. As a result, I went to the front desk to address the issue. One of the staff members (same broom/dust pan lady) approached the maintenance guy who was in the pool area eating chips. It was apparent that he was working on his own time schedule because he would not have moved if it had not been for the front desk staff to ask him to resolve our issue. (It was finally fixed)
4) Our toilet in the bathroom was unstable and wobbled each time you sat on it.

Although it's in a good location, close to the interstate and 15-20 minutes for downtown Charlestown, I would NEVER stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. I paid way too much for the lack of service and amenities that I received.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Adam W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I apologize that your stay was not up to par with your normal Marriott experience. It's our goal to offer all of our guests a first class experience and I certainly hate that we feel short in doing this for you and your group. I would love an opportunity to discuss your experience further. Feel free to give me a call directly at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bremen, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn & Suites for 5 nights in April while we visited the Charleston area. It was a wonderful property. It was very clean, close to every place we wanted to visit, and had a very friendly staff. Thank you for a restful and relaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
McConnelsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very clean and roomy, the staff are wonderful, the breakfast is very good, and the hotel is very clean with a very friendly atmosphere from all the staff, they are all very helpful with any information you may need about touring Charleston, would recommend to a friend, if in the area again this is where we try to stay.

Room Tip: the room we had was very nice,
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharpsburg GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Here is the good part: price is right, location is good, staff is very friendly and helpful., breakfast choices varied, breakfast quality adequate (Even if its fruit and yogurt, anyone should be able to find something they like.)
For the not so good: The beds are terrible!!!! And drawer space was barely adequate for our 4 day stay.
I'd recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

After a mix-up with reservations at another hotel, we found Fairfield Inn & Suites. The front desk staffer was most accommodating, friendly, courteous, and efficient. Our four rooms were ready upon arrival. The rooms were immaculate and the beds very comfortable. All staff were friendly and ready to assist us in any way. Breakfast was included and had something for everyone. I highly recommend this hotel especially because of the caring staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side face west and get the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Location in N Charleston is a plus with easy access into downtown and surrounding area. There are quite a few of this scale of motel in the area and this Fairfield really didn't motivate me to seek out this particular property gain. A single slow elevator the the entire hotel which meant frequent wits and rides with the cleaning crew. They need away to communicate between front desk and housekeeping. When we checked the room we were given was not ready yet. On Sunday morning at 0800, housekeepers were hoping door to door on our floor knocking loudly and calling out ' housekeeping', including our room which we were due to vacate
Later in the day. Surely front desk knows who is checking out and can inform housekeeping when that happens ?

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I apologize that you had a less than spectacular stay at our hotel. It's our goal to offer all of our guests a top notch experience and I certainly hate that we feel short in any way.I would love to discuss your experience further. Feel free to give me a call directly at the hotel.
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Visiting our son who is in military. The staff at this hotel are remarkable. Allowed early check in, very personable and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. Beds are comfortable, microwave & fridge were very useful. Free breakfast was great with a daily variety and helpful staff. Hotel is clean and cared for. Upon our departure our flight out of Myrtle Beach was delayed until midnight. Front desk contacted Fairfield Inn at MB to see if they would accommodate our needs until we could depart at midnight. Exceptional service! Thank you! We can't wait to come back and stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate

Address: 2540 North Forest Dr, North Charleston, SC 29420 (Formerly Comfort Suites)
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Suites North Charleston Hotel North Charleston
North Charleston Comfort Suites

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.