Let me preface this with the fact that I am a loyal Marriott customer and I have stayed at other Fairfield chains. This visit, unfortunately, was quite possibly the WORST of them all. From an aesthetic standpoint, it's fine. Customer service, with some staff, is POOR.
Issues to address:
1) On Thursday night, close to midnight, my room key was not working. Instead of waking up the rest of my family, I went to the front desk to have my key reset. There was no staff to be found after waiting for more than 10 minutes. There were also 2 other guests in front of me waiting. One person just wanted to purchase a drink - who ended up just taking the drink with her and said that she will pay the next day. After 10 minutes, I gave up and woke up my parents to open the door.
2) Friday morning -We went to the main lobby for the continental breakfast. It was decent. Nothing to rave about. But, the issue I ran into was the fact that my 2 year old accidently dropped a few cheerios on the floor. At that point, one of the staff members brought a broom and dust pan and put it against a chair at our table as to suggest that I was going to clean it up. I'm not opposed to cleaning up after my kids, but this gesture was VERY RUDE.
3) The shower in room 306 was not working well. When you turned the valve, it was either very cold or very hot. As a result, I went to the front desk to address the issue. One of the staff members (same broom/dust pan lady) approached the maintenance guy who was in the pool area eating chips. It was apparent that he was working on his own time schedule because he would not have moved if it had not been for the front desk staff to ask him to resolve our issue. (It was finally fixed)
4) Our toilet in the bathroom was unstable and wobbled each time you sat on it.
Although it's in a good location, close to the interstate and 15-20 minutes for downtown Charlestown, I would NEVER stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. I paid way too much for the lack of service and amenities that I received.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Venere, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites North Charleston Hotel North Charleston
- North Charleston Comfort Suites