“Need to be more consistent” 3 of 5 stars

843-789-4350
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Manny's Mediterranean Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Chicago, Illinois
“Need to be more consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I first visited Manny’s in April 2011. I had a good experience. So when I returned to North Charleston twice in a two week span in May 2013, I figured I would give it a go.

The service did not disappoint but the food prep did.

My visit the week of May 13, 2013 I dined in. The service was pleasant, proper and prompt. I had the falafel pita and Greek potatoes. The falafel pita was well prepared, tightly wrapped making it easier to eat without falling apart and plenty of falafel in ratio with the rest of the ingredients. Skip the Greek potatoes. Bland, poorly prepared. Not worth it. I splurged on a few extra calories and got the baklava. Mediocre. They offered to top it with honey. Don’t. Adds nothing to the flavor. I also got the stuffed grape leaves and an order of spanakopita to go for lunch the next day. Even after sitting overnight I found the flavors good. A unique twist on the spanakopita being more flat then layered. A nice lunch.

I returned the week of May 20 and did take away. Again, polite, prompt service with a smile. I ordered dinner and lunch for the next day. I went with the falafel pita and fries this time for dinner and ordered Manny’s “famous” Greek salad for lunch. I asked for an extra side of the Greek cucumber sauce to dip my fries. I got to my hotel room and checked my order. I should have done this before I left.

Clearly a different cook prepared my food.

The falafel pita had two pieces of falafel with a smattering of wilted brown lettuce, a few pieces of tomato and onion and no sauce. I did have the side of sauce but the pita is supposed to come with sauce. Lazy preparation. The under cooked fries were a disappointment. I checked my “famous” Greek salad and found a pile of iceberg lettuce that should have been discarded. The remainder of the salad looks unappealing. Not much thought or effort pile the salad into the container by the lazy cook. And I use the word “cook” very loosely.

I might go back and hope the more committed person is preparing my food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
North Charleston, South Carolina
“The Great Greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Manny's is a Sportsbar with all the Sports Events you can watch and if your not into sports Trivia is a blast. There are specials everyday and even dinner for two on Saturdays.

The food is incredible and my Mother always has to have the lemon soup.

Visited November 2012
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Lunch Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We ordered the Gyro sandwich which came with potato chips and a pickle. The sandwich was hot and the ingredients were fresh. i would have preferred a thinner pita but there was nothing wrong with the thicker style they use....very good and reasonable price. I ate here twice in 2 days. Love it! The waitress was friendly and attentive. We ate outside at one of the outdoor tables.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clanfield, United Kingdom
“Good cafe but slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It served a variety of good priced meals but the service could be slow. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, WA
“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wish we had these franchises on the West Coast. The food was yummy, service with a smile, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We also like the "side" choices.

Visited April 2013