“Chicken Marsala” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Moncks Corner, SC
“Chicken Marsala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went with friends and we all ordered the Chicken Marsala. The portions were large & the flavor of the Chicken Marsala made your mouth water. I had the Tiramsui and my friend had the cannoli for dessert. Next time I would skip the Tiramsui and have 2 cannoli's!

Visited December 2012

Greenville, SC
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Park Circle area for dinner without a reservation mid week. Could not get in at another restaurant so tried Fratello's, Pleasantly surprised. No crowd so I wondered if the food would be good. Our wait staff was attentive, even selecting a wine to go with each entree. Not sure if the entire staff was as attentive. I had a lamb dish which was outstanding. The menu is simple, delicious and authentic and the staff is well-trained and knowledgeable.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a wonderful experience here! The food was great, and our server, Jeff, made our evening so enjoyable! Fratello's has moved to the top or our favorite restaurant list. I suggest making reservations - so glad we did. We arrived at 6:15 and the tables filled up quickly after that. One of the many things we enjoyed was the music - it wasn't so loud that we couldn't hear the others in our party of 6. All around fun evening and can't wait to go back - especially for the stuffed mushrooms!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Carolina
“Nice dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went here last week on Saturday night. We went early (6:00 PM) to try and beat the crowd and it was raining, but I was shocked to go in and find only one table occupied.

We were of course seated right away and the waitress got us water and took drink orders. I ordered a bottle of wine and it came quickly. There were six of us so we ordered several different things. I had the bowl of mussels for my entree and they were excellent.

After we ordered the salads came out quickly and the food did not take long either. Everyone said that their dinner was good and the service was good too. While we were eating several other tables filled up. The place was over half full when we left.

This is a new restaurant and you could tell the staff needs a little experience but they were trying hard. We were very satisfied and will go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston
“BAD AT BEST (AND IM BEING NICE)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Ok, So the wife and i wanted to take our friends out to a nice meal and have a good time, Well first the waiter came to our table we ask for water and bread with oil while we looked at the menu, It took every bit of 15 minutes before we seen him again and he brought bread and water and no oil then left and came back a couple minutes later to take our order and left, about 20 minutes later he comes to us and tells us he lost the order and we had to start over from scratch so we reordered and a few minutes later they brought our salads and the three of us that got salads could'nt even eat them as the lettuce was really bitter maybe they used the hart of the lettuce and we never did figure out what caused it. When we told the waiter about the salad he said he would take them off the bill, So at this point we were somewhat disapointed but all agreed that thease things happen so we would stick it out and give them the benifit of the doubt. Now my buddy John had ask for a glass of white wine when we first sat down and it still had not showed up but finally did after the meal arrived which was yet another 20 minutes later. Ahh, Finally The food came and it looked and smelled wonderful! Now, Honestly I don't know what was going on with my luck but i swear i had a big black cloud hanging right over my head or karma was out to get me but i took a bite of my mixed seafood in linguina and red sauce plate and holy crap!!! it was like a blow torch went off in my mouth!!! Well naturally i thought i must have just got a bite where there was a red chile cluster or something so being the guy that loves hot food i thought i can handle it! So one bite after another and i was about six bites in when my buddy John looks at me and exclaims " Are you ok? " Because i had turned beet red) Well i at this point stopped eating and ( thats when the heat really hit !!! ) so i told him how super spicy the dish was and about then the waiter came by and i ask him what was in this dish that made it so hot and he said hot chiles and siracha chili sauce well i told him i thought someone got very carried away with the sauce and even though i tried i just could not eat this meal. Ok, So now we decieded that he would take the dish back and bring me a plate of spaggetti instead which he did and i suppose it was pretty good but really couldn't tell as i was still on fire when he brought the bill... So anyway in a nutshell when i looked at the bill the next day i found that he still charged us for the salads and made no adjustment at all for the royal screwup with my meal that i couldn't even eat and then chargrd for two glasses of wine when my friend only had one! OK, Just one question, Why would a athentic Itailin resturant use Asian chili sauce in a pasta dish?
It's olive garden from now on~

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere