“Awesome Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Columbia, South Carolina
“Awesome Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Want Thai food. This restaurant is amazing!!! They have traditional Thai food and Sushi. It is located right next to the mall in North Charleston.

Visited October 2012

83% Recommend
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best lunch option close to the north woods mall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a regular lunch spot since my office is nearby. They routinely serve fresh hot (temperature and spice if you like) food that far exceeds what you would expect from the location and facade. Food is served quickly and at a very reasonable price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The Thai Restaurant you want in your neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We've been coming here for years. It's little neighborhood place with kind of generic decor--some wood carvings, a painting evocative of a Cambodian long house. It's not the decor or the location--the corner of a largely abandoned shopping center you will remember, it's the food.

For Thai restaurants a deft hand with heat somehow the chef gets just the right amount for wife, for whom Tabasco sauce is like napalm, and for me, a confirmed. We had the dishes called "Kapow," pork, beef, or chicken withh vegetables and lots of basil. Superb. Give it a try.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Off-night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm a thai food lover and so I've been to most thai restaurants within a 20 min drive of downtown Charleston. I hadn't been to Mei Thai yet and so this weekend I decided to go. It was fairly busy but there were still a few tables open so we were seated right away. The decor is lacking. There are a few photos and sculptures on the walls but that's about it. The server took our order fairly quickly, but within a few minutes a second server asked to take our order. It's good to see that the staff all work together but it seems like there should have been better communication over that. However, that was the last time we spoke to a staff member for the next 30-45 minutes. It seemed as if everyone else was getting their food and our order had not been placed. I ordered chicken pad thai and my friend ordered a vegetarian curry. These are simple dishes that shouldn't take that long to cook. When our orders did come out, mine was lackluster. The taste was very off and did not taste like your typical pad thai. It had a more sour taste to it, but by that time I was starving so I didn't send it back. I've heard better reviews about Mei Thai from other friends so I'm assuming the staff was just having an off-night. I did see the owners talking to a few regulars and it was nice to see the owners on the floor. If you're looking for a solid thai restaurant I can't say I would recommend here because there are much better thai restaurants around, but I will come back to give them a second chance

• Visited June 2012