“Great place in Charleston SC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3025 West Montague Ave, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great place in Charleston SC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Not only is this a great location (near Outlet stores), it is clean and comfortable. We stayed in a handicap accessible room and it was the most spacious I've been in. In addition, the staff was very welcoming and nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear jeta5556,

Thank you for reviewing our property twice!!! I really appreciate the feedback and thanks for staying at our hotel!! I'm glad that you enjoyed the spacious room!! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Best Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sykesville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great location relative to the airport and many places to eat just minutes away. Seems to have been recently remodeled into a retro theme that is interesting. The rooms were not huge but comfortable with 2 queen beds and very clean. The breakfast selections were varied, hot, well stocked and overall very good. The breakfast area was not as clean and tidy as it should have been and the tables were not wiped off very frequently. The overall appearance of the hotel was good but not exceptional. The staff was friendly and helpful and they have excellent shuttle service available. Overall a nice 2 night stay fro a good value.

Green Features: Could not care less about all this environmentally friendly nonsense. Sure would not choose a property because of this. i want fresh clean towels every day.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear beefdoctor,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the location, comfortable room, and breakfast choices. I do apologize about the cleanliness of the breakfast area. I will speak with my staff about walking around more to clean off dirty tables. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

Glenwood, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great room, extremely friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast was wonderful. One hint - at night, hot water in shower takes a while - leave running for 5-6 minutes beforehand. Talked to Willie at the desk and he explained how this hotel's water heating and filtration system worked. Thanks, Willie.

Green Features: They are a very green hotel ...as experienced with the comments vis a vis the hot water above.
Dear TheAprilFools89,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I'm happy that you enjoyed the breakfast, staff, and room. I do apologize for the hot water taking a long time, but I am glad that Willie was able to explain the issue to you! I hope that you had a wonderful trip home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

SO much better and more reasonable than old city...great treatment and response to request etc.
breakfast was just rite and there early enuf.....location was great...only issue was pillows the size of life rafts...s'pose we shoulda complained...like my own pillow and will remember to brint it along in future

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I'm glad that you enjoyed the rooms, location, and breakfast! We just went through a pillow refresh so the pillows are much larger than they used to be. I do apologize about the pillow size. I hope that you enjoyed everything else with your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

Best Regards!
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I recently booked 21 rooms with this hotel this past Memorial Day weekend for 46 people. To say that I was impressed was an understatement. I have been involved in planning group travel trips for the past six years, and by far this hotel exceed my expectations. The rooms and all the high tech amenities that were included, were some of the best I have experienced. I have stayed in five star hotels that don't offer all this hotel features. The staff and Hotel Manager, are top rate! They ensured that my passengers and myself was provided top notch service. The morning breakfast was hot and fresh, and satisfied my entire group. I definitely will revisit this hotel on future planned travel events.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Suzie071872,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! Comments like yours allow our staff to improve our services to you, our valued guest. I will pass along your comments to our Director of Sales; she would love to hear the positive feedback. I'm glad that you and your group enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We took our five grandchildren to Charleston for the night and this hotel was a great choice. We were able to book two adjoining two queen rooms and the location was perfect for getting downtown and close dinner options. After a day of visiting downtown, we were able to come back and enjoy the indoor pool. The next morning there was a complimentary breakfast including omelets, sausage, biscuits, pancakes and a variety of dairy products. Overall, very convenient and great service. Everyone was super friendly and always had a smile their face.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kay_Baby52,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center on TripAdvisor! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm also glad that you enjoyed the indoor pool, adjoining rooms, and breakfast choices! I will pass along your kind comments to our staff so they can keep up the good job! Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you and your 5 grandchildren again soon!! Have a wonderful week!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Like many of the Holiday Inns I've recently visited, this one is fairly new. Very convenient to Charleston without having to pay the exorbitant rates of downtown hotels. It took 15 minutes from the time we left the hotel until we were in the midst of the tourist area. The hotel is right off of I-26

Stayed for two nights in early May and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable and quiet. Housekeeping kept the room neat and clean.

Complimentary breakfast was fine. This was a place for us to get some sleep, get cleaned up, grab a bite of breakfast and head out for the day to do the tourist things. It's perfect for that without breaking the bank.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Bouyscout,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center. We strive to create a welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, and it sounds like you enjoyed our amenities. I hope that you had a safe travel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kindest Regards!

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center

Address: 3025 West Montague Ave, North Charleston, SC 29418
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.