“It's super pet and people friendly. Great choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center

You added Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center to your Saves list
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 West Montague Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
tucker
“It's super pet and people friendly. Great choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I chose this property because it's pretty new (1 year old), very modern and most important, it's pet friendly.

The 1 bedroom suite is awesome. We stayed 4 nights and every day was awesome. I love the flooring in the lobby and suite both were great for my dog. There is a path around the building great for walking my dog and there are dog treats near the front desk. The mattress is really comfy. The linens are white and clean. It has full size fridge, microwave & dishwasher. It has the coolest toilet I've ever seen. I want this toilet in my house.

Lot's of guests hangout in the lobby which is cool. The laundry room and workout room share the same space which is pretty cool. Breakfast is lite fare, but still good. It's lots of healthy items. Oatmeal, grits, waffles, fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt, milk and juice. It's not make your own waffle, it's toast your own waffle but good none the less.

This property feels like home and management was great. I will look for this brand on future trips when travelling with my dog.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Our pets are our family members and we are happy you were able to bring your ALL your family with you. We can't wait to have you as our guests again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am a pro-green and environmental kinda guy...this hotel is quaint and pleasant...the gym was good and the suites was more than enough...Hilton should build more of Home2s...the location is close to the Air Force base and Charleston International airport...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very proud of the steps that both our guests and the hotel take to help make us more sustainable and reduce our carbon footprint. It was great to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday with our small pup and were quite satisfied. The rooms are very roomy and clean. The full size fridge was nice, and there was plenty of counter space running the length of the room. The decor is modern and was nice. We had a room down the hall which made it easy to walk the dog.

Their efforts to be a "green" hotel are to be commended. Several areas, not just a "reuse your towel" effort.

I especially liked the friendly staff. Each one made an effort to offer a friendly greeting and help where needed. The one down side was our room wasn't touched by housekeeping the first day (Wednesday, not turkey day). I guess it was just an oversight.

Heed all the comments on the breakfast. It is very sparse, but all we wanted was a muffin and yogurt anyhow.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Marino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The room was equipped with modern amenities and creative decor. The high ceilings made the room feel extra spacious, which I don't actually prefer but that's not the hotel's fault. Despite all the newness and modern concept, I did not feel cozy and comfy in my suite as I do in other extended stay hotels. Again, that is not the hotel's fault.

What was the biggest detractor of our stay was the lack of attention to detail by the housekeeping. Upon checking in I inspected the toilet and discovered dried urine and small hairs on both sides of the toilet seat hinges. It was rather obvious, so I thought they might catch that next time, but unfortunately they did not. Also, the housekeeping had left the majority of the dishes in the washer from the previous guest. I'm not sure what's included in the light cleaning they offer, but the carpet was not vacuumed. That may or may not have been a part of the light cleaning.

The best part of the stay was the amazing bed. The linens, pillows, and mattress were heavenly. Overall, this is a nice hotel that may need to retrain some housekeeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We strive to provide an enjoyable and problem free experience for every guest and I am sorry if we failed. We will utilize your stay as a training opportunity to ensure we prevent it from happening to another guest. If you have a moment, I would like to discuss the issue that you experienced. 843-744-4202 extension 7503. Best Regards, Matt Barlett.
Harrison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were continuing our road trip to Florida after stopping in NC for one night, and we were able to get a room in this particular Home2 after looking for other hotels that were all booked. So we decided to stop there for one night, and check-in was fast and stressless. This was a brand-new property, so the entire lobby was very clean and maintained. The front desk was friendly and courteous, and gave us info on restaurants around the property. Elevators were fast, and the hallways were very nice. Our room was on the 4th floor, and it was very clean and spacious. It had 2 beds & a sofa sleeper, along with a kitchenette, a work desk, a flat screen TV, and an alarm clock w/ an iPod dock. The TV had a large selection of channels to choose from, which was very convenient. Bathroom was spick-and-span, and there were plenty of smooth, thick towels, so there was no need to ask for more. The shower was refreshing, had plenty of hot water, and water pressure was strong. What I truly like in that shower was the dispensers for the soap & shampoo, which was definitely a nice touch! Beds were snug, and the pillows & sheets were soft and had no signs of stains whatsoever! Check-out went brief, and overall, our stay at this hotel was very satisfying! I would absolutely recommend this property! It's in excellent location, as it's close to the airport and the 2 highways, I-26 and I-526, and it's not really far from historic Charleston, either! A big thumbs up to the North Charleston Home2 Suites for making our stay a pleasure! =)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate it! We hope you can stay longer next time too!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Rooms have similar layout to Marriott Towneplace Suites. The beds are very comfy and decor soothing. A few minor spots that need a little closer attention for cleaning. Location was great, 1 mile from highway and half mile to Starbucks. I agree with other reviews that breakfast was a but lacking in offerings, both hot and cold. I was surprised for a newer location the amount of sound from neighbors above and loud flushing toilets next door.

• Stayed November 2012
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just back from 2 nights at this property. I stay at lots of Hilton properties but wanted to try this new chain out.

Pros...VERY CLEAN, MODERN AND FUNCTIONAL. Easy to locate, close to airport, interior bright and colorful. My room was spacious and included everything I needed.I had a comfortable bed and the room was quiet. Linens nice. Airport nearby. Close to Fed Ex Office, a plus for business travelers. Front desk was pleasant and courteous. Coffee in room was good!

Cons...not a lot of restaurants that were very close. The street was dark, when I arrived, and I did not feel very comfortable wandering out to check out the area for dinner options. The breakfast is LIGHT CONTINENTAL. I paid over $100.00 per night and since I am a Hilton Gold, I get a free full breakfast at most of the other properties. I had yogurt and a bagel on day one and an English muffin and 2 boiled eggs on day two. No hot entrees, unless you want to microwave a breakfast sandwich. If you are on business for a week or more, you might like to eat light but I enjoy a good breakfast in a hotel. Housekeeping is not full service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center? Share your experiences!