“Excellent, excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center

You added Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center to your Saves list
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent, excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel.
I have three children that play soccer so we stay in this type of hotel at least once a month. The service here was so beyond what we usually encounter and expect. Everyone that works here could be mistaken for the manager because they are so nice and polite and concerned about you having a good stay. I was so impressed and I wish I had gotten their names but can only mention a few - Keya at the desk, Lizzie in housecleaning, the man and the woman who drove the shuttle bus to take me back and forth to the Tanger outlets, the woman who knocked on my door Sat night just to make sure I didn't need anything, all the ladies at breakfast who smiled at me and made sure everyone got what they needed. So nice!! It reminded me more of a luxury resort because of their attitudes.

In addition, the gym is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel this size. Really quality equipment, all functioning properly, and everything one could need for a great workout.
The rooms layouts are really innovative and efficient. My bed was very comfortabale. Everything is super clean and organized. Wish there was one like this in every city! Great job to everyone working there!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Flew into Charleston on business week before last. I had not stayed in a Home2 Suites property before but I am a Hilton person and location was perfect. First impressions are everything and upon entering the lobby, I could tell this was a brand new property and that the lobby was laid out like a brightly colored and comfortable lounge. Emily at the front desk was probably the most friendly and engaging person I have checked in with in the last 10 years. There wasn't anything she couldn't help with nor anything that didn't call for a smile and a touch of laughter. My room was perfect - I tend to like Euro minimalism and bright colors in hotel decor with my most memorable layouts being Hotel Uno in downtown Naples, IT and another in Zurich, SW whose name I can't remember at the moment. I stayed two nights and availed myself of their continental breakfast both mornings and the small but very well equipped gym each evening. Location-wise it is close (driving) to the airport, freeway entrances, and walking distance to the convention center. I will stay there again when I go back to Charleston.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Harrison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is the only Home2 opened by Hilton so far. It was a treat to stay here. Keya, who made our reservation, and checked us in and out is a treasure. The staff was a pleasure to deal with. The rooms were super clean. Breakfast was different, more gourmet like, and very good. The breakfast hostess is a treasure, mom to everyone! Very modern, very clean. All the little extras were thought of. Close to downtown for us tourists!

Only things to watch out for: We stayed on a popular performer's concert night and the young people in the hall coming and going were very inconsiderate. I am sure the staff would accomodate you in the future so you wouldn't be situated next to concert goers. They took care of us when I mentioned it at check out. Thank you. Also, there is this annoying night light in the hall by the bathroom that lights the room up at night. It needs some kind of shade.

Room Tip: Tell them if you are not a concert goer.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Really cool and hip design. Very much a fun room layout. A ten minute drive from old town Charleston, so a great spot to base your touring from. The bathrooms are a little small, but having a full kitchen including a dishwasher was great for traveling with a baby, and they allowed small dogs, so ours was able to travel with us. The only problem we had was that we were in room 138, beside an exit door on the first floor, which slammed quite loudly whenever anyone went through it, so we were kept awake from 2-3 am, though our baby managed to sleep through it, so we did not move rooms -- but the front desk to their credit reduced what we paid for the room for the inconvenience. We would definitely stay there again -- just not in room 138.

Room Tip: Avoid room 138.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Home2Suites in North Charleston for two weeks while she was doing business nearby. We were extremely impressed with everything about the hotel. The rooms were large and well equipped. The outside spaces were very nice and inviting to sit outside on a nice day. The staff was always helpful and we always felt at home at this hotel. If I am ever in the Charleston area I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Used a business check for my two night stay. There was a business day in between my two night's stay with colleagues for hotel to have ample time to confirm the validity of the business check. Well I left with a reciept that said I paid with a check, AND a $400 charge on the visa that I used to simply hold the room! Wow imagine my surprise. Then when I called the manager she was rude to me my bookkeeper and the bank and never returned phone calls hoping that it would just all go away somehow. Well I hope this review doesn't ever go away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the Home2 Suites here in Charleston. This is the first time my wife and I have stayed at this brand of Hilton Hotel, and we are extremely happy. The rooms are large and the property is very dog friendly. The assistant manager, Cameron, has graciously spent a lot of time with us recommending places to go around town and searching different tourest attractions on the internet for us. The property is new and well-maintained, and all the staff has been super friendly and focused on customer service. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center? Share your experiences!