“I don't even like shrimp & grits, but this was to die for.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colie Morse Ln.
Transit: Hotel drop offs/pick-ups from the Tanger Outlet Area available at restaurant depending on hotel. Bus stops for the Montague Ave. bus within walking distance of the restaurant.
Description: Cork Neighborhood Bistro is a quaint Bistro set in the Historic Downtown North Charleston. It offers outdoor dining, happy hour and an amazing menu featuring from scratch and locally sourced items. Open Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 10pm & Friday & Saturday from 11am - 11PM. CLOSED Sunday & Monday. We offer full service catering & event planning.
Charleston, South Carolina
“I don't even like shrimp & grits, but this was to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Staying overnight in Charleston on a Friday night the hotel suggested Cork and called for a reservation. The restaurant texted us when our reservation was ready. Bartender was helpful in selecting a beer on tap, giving us a sample to try first.

My daughter ordered the shrimp & grits and when it came and she was oohing and ahhing over it (and she lives outside NYC and eats there often) I had to try it. Oh my. Normally that would be my last choice on the menu, but these were so wonderful I think I could eat them every day, they were that good. My pork chop with the goat chees sweet potatoes was quite good and my husband enjoyed his seafood pasta. Quite honestly, everything was good and the service was very attentive. Next time - it's shrimp & grits.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Love Cork for Brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Cork is a great Go-To Restaurant in Park Circle but I especially love their Brunch! Excellent Shrimp & Grits with a pretty darn good Bloody Mary!

Visited August 2012
Annapolis, MD
“Flavor wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had the maple/whiskey glazed salmon - outstanding! My husband ordered the pork chop, which he enjoyed quite a lot. Atmosphere was quiet and comfortable (a weeknight) though I imagine it could be pretty tight on a weekend. We are only in town for the week and we're going to try to go back a second time. YUM

Visited December 2012
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Inconsistency!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Although most of the food we ordered was very good, our overall experience was average. Vegetable Lasagna and Short Rib dishes were very good and plentiful. Crab cake was not lump crab and fried a bit much for me, very dry. Caesar salad was large but could have used more dressing. Vegetables accompanying the Short Ribs were fresh and tasty. Bread dishes were on the table but we never received any bread, not even with the Lasagna. Nor were we offered any cheese to top off the Lasagna. Atmosphere is typical pub style with large bar and table settings along the wall. It was a cold night so the first few tables close to the door withstood the cold breezes whenever the door opened. 18% added gratuity was a bit much to charge for the service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Gave it another shot and still dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The food itself is pretty good but the service is just so awful that I can't make myself go there again. Our entire meal took over 2 hours. We didn't order any appetizers and we had to ask for drinks on several occasions. If we were lucky, we had two drinks over two hours. We weren't told about the specials. People that came in long after us left and paid their bill while we were still waiting for dinner. I was so irritated that we had to pay the server 20% because he was awful. The final straw was not being able to split our check with our group of 10 and not use our groupon. Our server claims there's no way to do that in their system. Of course none of us had enough cash on hand to pay so our friend had to put the entire bill on her card. This isn't exactly a cheap place to eat. Our bill for 2 people was 80.00 and I would expect a lot more for a nice dinner. This place won't last unless they get their service side of the house in order. My other friends that have gone have had similar experiences and won't go either.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere