“Great burger!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 843-747-4949
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hot Dogs, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Big Billy's Burger Joint is a locally owned and operated restaurant committed to providing fresh ingredients, great service and delicious food.
“Great burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast burger was good. Meat and egg both were cooked correctly. Odd, but flavorful combination. Wife's salad was good, but ordinary. Although the milkshake machine wasn't performing correctly, our peanut butter brownie milkshake was still very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

charleston, sc
“Can't believe someone said best restaurant in North Charleston”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went expecting to be able to get a nice rare burger. After the menu promised a cool red center, the 3 of us ordered our burgers cooked rare. Waiter kept coming to our table apologizing and saying he didn't know why it was taking so long because it shouldn't take that long to cook burgers rare, should it? Our burgers were medium and did not have much flavor. Corn with chili & lime was nothing special; sweet potato fries were very good. Even with our minimal orders, it was $10 per person. Better values and food elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank l j
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed after recent visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I've been here plenty of times, but the service last night was disappointing. First, the hostess asked us if we wanted to sit outside. It was in the 40s and windy outside! Once we got to our table, our waitress, her name started with an M, was very short with us and rarely checked on us. The manager stopped by more than she did. She never offered to refill our drinks and me & my girlfriends sat there for 2 hours. The only thing right now that will make me want to return is the great food. I love their burgers and tots.

1 Thank Chaunte T
Statesville, North Carolina
“terrific food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Probably the best burger I've had in decades. My wife had a soft taco with mahi mahi that equalled the burger. Nice beer selection. Place not too fancy - fits almost any budget. Quality is the best.

Visited December 2012
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went in to Big Billy's today for the first time and what a pleasant surprise! The restaurant was themed in a tropical decor and was spotless! The atmosphere was pleasing and relaxing. I could tell by the rest of the patrons they too were enjoying their experience. I eat fried green tomatoes everywhere I go and I can honestly say that Big Billy's is the BEST! Our waitress, Lo, was incredible. She was extrememly knowledgeable in all the entree's as well as the overall business and its history. She met us with a smile and great attitude. She gave us ample time to decide what we would like and did not make us feel rushed. Lo...you are the epitome of what would be expected in a Southern Waitress! YOU ROCK! The Manager today was Doug. He came by a couple of times to make sure that we were taken care of and enjoying our visit. What I found to be cool about Doug is that the way I was facing I could tell how he gaged himself to come over to the table (twice) as not to seem bothersome or annoying. He did his job well!! Way to go DOUG! I normally enjoy happy hours on the other side of the Tanger Outlet area but will now make Big Billy's Burger Joint my happy hour of choice location. I could not conclude this review without mentioning that the rest of the staff was fantastic. Whether they were your server or not, if they walked by and there was an empty plate, they would pick it up. If your beverage was empty or low, they would offer a refill. They have the true "Team" concept down and know how to take care of their customers! I ordered the basic Bubba Burger and it came perfect! My mother and my sisters did as well. Thanks Again BBBJ!!!

• Visited December 2012