“Decent place” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Sandwiches
Description: Big Billy's Burger Joint is a locally owned and operated restaurant committed to providing fresh ingredients, great service and delicious food.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm told the breakfast burger is amazing. I had the nachos, they were huge. There is a decent beer selection, some local craft brews.

Visited November 2012

Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Try the Milk Shakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The best feature of this restaurant is the milk shakes with at least 20 varieties. At our table, we had the Cookie Monster, Almond Joy and Pumpkin Pie shakes. All were very good. Burgers were not memorable. The special sauces (Billy Sauce, Bahamnian Mustard and 5-Spice Ketchup) were bland. Would stop again if in the area but I would not go out of my way to get here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Worth, Florida
“Billy May Be Big, But the Burgers Are Not...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

That said, the burgers definitely came with big taste. BBBJ is owned by the same folks that own the Noisy Oyster downtown.

I went with 6 coworkers and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We started with onion rings and fried pickles. Each came with its own homemade sauce. Both were excellent. Among the 7 guests we tried 6 different burgers and all of the sides. Nobody left hungry or unhappy. The Saturday lunch crowd was bustling. There were no empty tables. The bottom line was we had a good lunch at a decent price. I'd go back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“What happened? Off night?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After finding this gem on our last trip - we were very excited to go back and take friends. What a mistake. Service seemed lacking, several of the drinks were "out" of ingredients and then the food just was not up to expectations. We were actually embarrassed since we had bragged and talked about the food and drinks. Not sure if they got too big, too fast or just an off night.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Virginia
“Very Good But Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After reading all the comments before my trip I had already decided to try BBBJ. It was a good hamburger but I was actually expecting more. The burger didn't even fill the entire bun (which I did find very tasteful and soft). The ff were good but again not very many. For the reviews this place gets I was expecting more, I guess.

Visited October 2012