“Very Good But Not Great” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Big Billy's Burger Joint is a locally owned and operated restaurant committed to providing fresh ingredients, great service and delicious food.
Bedford, Virginia
“Very Good But Not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After reading all the comments before my trip I had already decided to try BBBJ. It was a good hamburger but I was actually expecting more. The burger didn't even fill the entire bun (which I did find very tasteful and soft). The ff were good but again not very many. For the reviews this place gets I was expecting more, I guess.

Visited October 2012

91% Recommend
“Bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Came in earlier in the week down for Southern Music festival. Stopped in based off reviews on TA. Might I say we weren't disappointed the least. Rare burger was actually rare! Very nice to see that in SC and pretty much everything is hand crafted! Great beer selection, extensive menu for everyone of shape and size. Our server Chris was the one that suggested what we ate and the temps we decided. This place Is a bargain! Thank you big Billy's you have a lifetime customer!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Summerville, South Carolina
“Burgers are Way Above Average”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This restaurant grinds fresh meat daily. They also make at least some of their condiments. The atmosphere is relaxing and pleasing.

Visited August 2012
Saint Charles, Missouri
“A great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't to sure about going in to eat. We never heard of this place before. However, looking at Tripadvisor we thought we would give it a try and we were sure glad we did!

Food was outstanding. The people that worked there were also outstanding. Very friendly. The server came to our table and introduce yourself, and told us all about the beef and where they get it from. Never experienced that before.

If you never have eaten there before, give them a try. I think you're going to like it. Once again, great friendly staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“friggen great burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Finally made it to Billy's after hearing about the great burgers. I was taken back by how awesome they were. I really appreciated being able to have a medium rare burger that is apparently ground in house. I see that there are many reviews about the food but they should also be commenting on the beer selection. Much to my surprise were some great craft beers. Try Billy's if you haven't. Its really good.

• Visited October 2012