“Very clean rooms great bed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Plaza Hotel

You added Charleston Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Charleston Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia
“Very clean rooms great bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very clean guest rooms. The bed was very good and great covers. This hotel has Direct TV so when it is cloudy you have no TV, this happened one night to us, so we went down to the bar. We had a meeting in one of the meeting rooms by the pool, the lights kept going on bright then dim, there must be a short in that room. The public restrooms were clean however when walking past it had a smell I think the carpet needs to be replaced by the restrooms. Most of our groups bill was incorrect so be sure and check that.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my stay here but the experience could have been better. Lobby is impressive, room was good size. I was surprised that the restaurant/bar was not open for lunch. The bar does have a 5-7 pm happy hour with beers $2.50 and well drinks $3.50. There is a nIce pool outside with very comfortable lounge chairs but the water was cold. The pool inside was warmer but the area is in need of painting and cleanup. The desk staff were very pleasant and accommodating. I had requested 2 beds but my room only had 1 king size bed,and despite being sold out, they managed to find me a room with 2 beds. The air conditioner was very noisy and kept me awake. The shuttleto downtown Chalreston is pretty useless as it only goes at 10:00, 2:00, 6:00, 9:00 and it costs $20.

I think this is a good place for people who want to save money by not staying in Charleston proper and who have a car. Its' clean, comfortable, safe, beds are comfortable, and the kids will enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: i would ask if they have any large groups coming in (they had a huge group of young adults there whe...
Green Features: They seem to be very conservative with soup as ours was tiny.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I read the previous reviews and expected the worst of my Priceline selected hotel. As others mentioned, the lobby is immaculate but that's pretty much where the magic ends. Our room was OK - the bedroom was fairly clean (no obvious stains or smells) but the decor is lacking and definitely needs to be updated. The bathroom (as other mentioned) is tiny and WELL overdue for a remodel. There was no fridge, microwave or breakfast included.

The best thing about our stay was the service and the pool. The staff was was friendly and accommodating and the indoor/outdoor pool was nice and heated.

The hotel is in a great location - right off the highway, minutes from Charleston and close to many restaurants and shopping. I believe it has potential and for the price we paid, I think we got a fair deal. But the advertised rates (and 3-star rating) are probably a bit of a stretch.

P.S. They recently changed their pet policy - they are no longer allowed on the property.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your most recent stay. I agree with you regarding your observation about revamping and updating. I am happy to share that we are in our final stages of design and renovation plans and I would love for you to be able to experience firsthand the finished product and enjoy the refreshed facilities in the near future. However, on the positive note, I was happy to read your comments praising the staff for the service they provided and that our convenient location was to your liking. I appreciate your constructive feedback. Thank you again and please come back and stay with us on a future trip to North Charleston .

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is an excellent luxury hotel and well designed for business gatherings. They have carefully orchestrated the perfect experience for business/pleasure travel. The staff is well above average and helpful beyond measure. The tours they offer in group sales are top notch! I don't think I've ever learned more about a place I have visited before. The theater across the street, owned by the hotel is a treat and the food was above average as well. This is the perfect location in Charleston, within walking distance to everything.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for such a terrific review regarding your stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your business trip. I am so glad that our location was convenient for your visit and you liked our meeting facilities. I am absolutely delighted to read all the wonderful compliments you have given regarding our Sales and Catering team. I will pass on your praises to them and let them know their hard work does not go unnoticed.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again and thank you again for sharing your comments online for others to read that might be considering our facilities for their group's needs.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Easy access off Interstate. Price is much cheaper than any downtown Charleston hotel & an easy, quick 10 minute drive. Nice, large lobby. Front desk very helpful and friendly. They allowed us to check in pretty early. Nice indoor and outdoor pool areas. Rooms are clean, but on the small side. Restrooms are also very small. Air conditioner was pretty loud when it kicked on. Comfortable beds. Close to outlet shopping. Hotel is under the flight path for the airport and very near a military base with tons of loud cargo planes & jets flying directly over. They can be loud, so if you're a light sleeper, you might want to bring ear plugs.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and for your four star rating. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your overall stay. It was a pleasure to read that you found our location to be convenient and were happy with the prices. I would love to share your compliments with our Front desk staff for their friendly service. However, I apologize for any inconveniences caused due to the noise issues you had during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity of you returning to the Charleston Plaza Hotel and experiencing our newly updated and refreshed facilities.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were there from April 7-10, 2015. We went for Spring Break. The hotel was nice and clean. The shift manager at the time was very helpful and the poor thing was trying to please everybody with two weddings and a conference going on at the same time. After visiting beautiful downtown Charleston and Foley Beach we would go back to the hotel and relax at the bar. We enjoyed the bartender at the time Augustin Melo. He was so funny and his hospitality was great. My children enjoyed the option of an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. Our rooms were clean every time we went back to our hotel room. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the fifth floor. The beds were double instead of queen so we requested a portable bed...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. It was wonderful for me to read that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and our staff's exceptional service. They work hard in meeting all our guests needs daily, after all this is what Hospitality is all about. I will be sharing your gracious comments with Augustin Melo and the shift manager as well and thank them for a job well done! Thank you again for staying multiple nights with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend, his parents and I stayed over the weekend at this hotel. First impressions were good. Nice lobby, right off the highway, and easy to get into downtown Charleston. The rooms were not so great. The air conditioner was very loud throughout the evening and leaked water all over the carpet, and the TV remote did not work. Also, on our second day we were left without any bath towels from housekeeping. My boyfriend called the front desk 3x and none were brought to us. He ended up asking the housekeeping person who was in the hallway. She was rude to him when all he asked for was 2 bath towels. Overall it was a fine place to stay but I would not stay there again if I had other options.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Eby K,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. I am very sad to hear that our team did not provide the level of service we are trained to deliver. I am extremely disappointed that one of my team members was rude. This is not acceptable and certainly not the norm. We will address your comments with our housekeeping and engineering departments immediately. I would like to share that we are in the final stages of our renovation plans to include a complete refresh of our guest rooms and all public and meeting space. I would love for you to come back and give us another chance to redeem ourselves once these renovations are complete. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with your travel information as I would love to make your reservations arrangements.

Victoria Facemire

Been to Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!