“Nice experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Plaza Hotel

You added Charleston Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Charleston Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed one night at this hotel when our flight was delayed and we couldn't catch our connecting flight. Hotel gave us an rate of $74 as a stranded traveller and came and picked us up quickly at the airport. They gave us a nice room with a king bed when we arrived. Front desk greeted us and were helpful, van driver took us to Chili's and picked us up too. the room was clean. Maybe in need of a refresh but the room was quiet with a nice heated pool and nice workout room. Very pleasant experience. Thank you.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator but it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear CrazyBubba007,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent overnight stay's experience at our hotel. I was sorry to hear your flight was delayed and you were stranded at the airport. However, it was a pleasure to read that we were able to make it a pleasant experience once you arrived at the Charleston Plaza by providing clean facilities and service with a smile. I will be happy to share your compliments with my entire staff and we would love to welcome you back again, under better circumstances, when your travels bring you back to the area.

Charleston Plaza Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We recently spent two nights here, at either end of a week long trip. The good points about the hotel are price, comfort of the beds and quietness of the rooms. We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The attention to detail is what is missing. For example, we had a king-sized bed, but the housekeeping had tried to fit a queen-sized sheet on it. The sheet kept popping off the corners. We called and got that problem remedied quickly. Then, we noticed that a room service tray was in the hallway when we checked in at about 4 pm only to see it there the next day. Pretty gross! We mentioned it to the lobby staff before breakfast only to find it still there after we ate. Food service is slow and the bar happy hour is less than adequate. Still, if you are just looking for a place to stay one night at the airport, it's not too bad.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel recently for your accommodation needs. I appreciate your candid feedback. It is very nice of you to include the good points of your hotel stay. I have shared your concerns with my management team so they can make appropriate changes
and prevent these issues from happening again. We strive to provide a very pleasant experience for our guests and I am truly sorry we fell short. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of providing you stellar accommodations if your travels bring you back to the North Charleston area.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The lobby of this hotel is beautiful.but...... The breakfast food in the AM is not worth 10.00; maybe $5.00. There is no fridge in the room so make sure to bring a cooler if you need things cooled. The room was clean (THANK GOD!) however the hallways were dirty and the walls were scuffed and ugly. This hotel is not worth $250.00 for 2 night stay for sure. Also I felt that the staff was not accommodating and do not live by the "Customer is always right rule". I arrived early (2hours) and was asked to pay $50.00 to check in 2 hours earlier; my room was ready by they way..... I felt that this was insane, and of course not worth my money. So they had me loitering in their lobby until my room was ready.

Room Tip: My room looked over the train tracks. eck
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Lobby and common spaces are fine. The room (Club Level) was in massive need of a renovation. Carpet was covered in stains; furniture filthy and worn out. The bed was fine. The room smelled dank and musty (I wish I could air it out by opening a window, but windows do not open).

Staff were friendly and helpful at the front desk, but the marketing team is falsely advertising this hotel as a 3+ star hotel (as rated on Hotels.com) and it isn't close.

I would never return.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. I have shared your review with my team and please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and use this as a learning tool with our associates.

Thank you again for taking the time to report back regarding your experience and we hope you give us another opportunity to welcoming you back to our newly renovated facilities in the near future.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on a busy weekend. We were treated at the entrance by a very friendly and upbeat valet, the customer service didn't stop there; the housekeepers were super friendly, and the room was nice and clean as well. We had a problem with the hot water, but the front desk staff was very nice about rectifying the situation for us. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear stephanie g,

Many thanks for recognizing our hospitality and for choosing us for your stay in Charleston. We're glad you were moved by the level of service and facilities provided by our cordial team. I'm happy we lived up to your expectations and hopefully created a loyal guest. I'm delighted my associates -valet, customer service, housekeeping, front desk- made your stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel even better. However, I am sorry for the delay in getting hot water; but I am glad my front desk associates resolved the issue immediately. We appreciate your business and will be waiting for your return to Charleston and to our hotel.

Thanks again,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

I stayed here for business and it was the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. Pubic hairs in the shower, old crusty stained washcloth hanging over the shower rod, dust on every surface, mysterious white liquid stains everywhere, no towels provided in room, stained, sticky carpet and scuffed, dirty walls. It honestly felt like I needed to be decontaminated when I checked out. I also was unable to reach the front desk due to the phone being constantly busy. My experience was terrible and all I received from management when I complained was an "I'm sorry your experience was less than stellar." TERRIBLE!!!! THE MOTEL 6 WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!!!

• Stayed February 2015
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Kayla,

Thank you for selecting the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your recent accommodations. I am so terribly sorry that we failed to provide the level of service that our team is trained to deliver. We have addressed your housekeeping concerns with our Executive Housekeeper. She offers her sincere apologies and has communicated her disappointment with her team. We are happy to inform you that we are in the process of scheduling a full hotel renovation to begin in the very near future. We understand that our hotel is not the most up to date. I do hope that the full refund of your night stay will help to see us in a better light. Once our hotel has completed a full refresh, I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with excellent accommodations and service.

Thanks again,
Hustle, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We were attending the wedding of our niece. Had high hopes of having a room that was equipped with at least a refrigerator, this was not the case. Pet friendly; stains on carpet (possibly urine), pet hair on ottoman, unable to connect to wi-fi called was informed at 3:30 pm on Friday, February 13, 2015 that it was being worked on, never was able to connect in room on 5th floor. We had just enough Kleenex to blow our nose once then box was empty, 1/4 roll of toilet paper. This is what caused the low rating.
Nice friendly staff, breakfast was absolutely AWESOME. Overall appearance of hotel was great. Nice location, not surrounded by other hotels/motels easy enough access due to lack of traffic. Close enough to Old Town Charleston.
L_F2

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear little_feather2,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us recently. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your restaurant experience and thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. I am terribly sorry that we fell short in housekeeping. We strive to provide a clean comfortable room for all of our guests. I will pass on your findings to the housekeeping manager so they can be addressed. I do hope you will consider The Charleston Plaza Hotel if your travels bring you back to North Charleston as I would like you to experience the hotel amenities and our team at our best. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Charleston Plaza Hotel

Been to Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!