“Stayed here twice in one week” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Charleston Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Charleston Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Greenfield, Indiana
“Stayed here twice in one week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel twice during a recent trip to Charleston; on the night of arrival and the night prior to an early morning departure. It was near the airport and had airport transportation which is why it was my choice.

The lobby area was clean and open with good lighting, and the hallways were nice and well kept.

The room we stayed in the first night, I didn't feel comfortable with. The bed sheets weren't tight, the carpet was stained and the walls were dirty as if little kids were constantly wiping their hands on the walls. It was one of those rooms where I didn't want to touch anything. The bathroom was clean and people were friendly, I just don't like to see reminders that others had been here.

We gave it a second chance on our last night in Charleston because it wasn't horrible and the price was right. I'm glad we did because this room was identical but really clean. The vacuum missed a few crumbs but otherwise the bed seemed fine, walls clean, no carpet stains. I would try it a third time.

The beds in both rooms were comfortable.

I don't understand why they would rent 2 rooms in such differing conditions.

Room Tip: If your room seems shabby and maybe a little unclean, ask to be moved.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
I would like to thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your recent lodging needs. I appreciate the time you took in sharing your gracious comments regarding your stay. I am very pleased to read that our location as well as our services were to your satisfaction.We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Charleston Plaza Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
boston,massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Charleston Plaza Hotel for a Navy reunion from 9/21-25/14. When I first got the news for this reunion I was not happy with the location as research showed me it was not convenient to stores or eateries. Usually I choose a hotel that is more centrally located. Percy picked me at the airport. He was outgoing and very helpful. I reserved my room well in advance and ended up with a one overlooking the back of the hotel. The staff in general was very friendly. Reviews on Tripadvisor were so-so thus I was not expecting the best but was surprised and quite satisfied. The room was quite adequate for the few days I was there although the bathroom drain could have used a drain plug. The room came with a flat screen TV, coffee maker, ironing board, iron, and ice bucket. I later learned there were washing machines. I heard comments from others in the group about the high cost of food in the restaurant, restaurant service and rooms being dirty. I did not have any problems but then again there was only one person to please. The hotel has 2 vans that are free if the distance is within 3 miles of the hotel. From hotel to downtown is $10 roundtrip. There are a few restaurants you can walk to although taking the van is safer.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, avoid 217.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow online travelers. We are happy to hear your stay with us was comfortable and our staff provided you with great customer service. We trust we will see you again when your travels bring you back to the North Charleston area.

Brownstown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good location-close to shopping and restaurants.Hotel was a little dated looking in some areas ,but staff was friendly and helpful.Computers in lobby were constantly shut down-technical issues-very frustrating-glad I had my own laptops to use in room-but no printer. Nice pools and workout area,but rates too high. No free breakfast or snacks or in-room microwaves or refrigerators like many competing hotels offer( LaQuinta and Holiday Inn Express are nicer). Nice place to stay-just way overpriced for my money.

Room Tip: Very noisy A/C units-they worked ok -just very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback online. I appreciate your positive comments about our location and staff and I do apologize for the issues you had with the computers during your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed for our Family Reunion in July. We had over 200 people family members at our reunion. I think there were 2 other reunions booked at the same time. The hotel was packed and maybe the staff was somewhat overwhelmed. Check in took a while and they ran out of room keys. The rooms were average with some areas in the bathroom needing some extra updating and cleaning. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean however towels were not as plentiful as they should have been. The common areas, pool and gym were clean with plenty of towels and water. The restaurant had a wonderful breakfast. The staff and manager were outstanding and were very helpful to 1 family member who had a special breakfast request. They were able to accommodate her with a smile and some friendly conversation. Kudos to all staff who were as helpful and attentive as possible despite the amount of guests staying there over the weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to give us your feedback I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you so much for recognizing our highly trained staff. We take the word “hospitality” to heart as you experienced during your stay and so kindly noted in your review. We trust we will see you again when your travels bring you back the Charleston area again.

Cleveland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a Wonderful Hotel. Everything I expected and more. Location Location Location. I will stay there when I return to Charleston. We had a Jr. suite that was very nice. Room service is expensive but the food was good.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our rooms and location. We are happy to hear your stay with us was comfortable and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Rockford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The lobby is beautiful and the pool area is very nice. The front desk staff was pleasant. The hotel had a musty smell throughout the whole building. There were many updated things through out the hotel but many things still in need of upgrading. The bathtub was nasty. In the pictures it shows a granite bathroom counter top, that is on the outside of the bathroom, the shower and toilet area is in need of remodeling and not cleaned well. The housekeeping department could use improvement. Razor cap and hair behind the door in bathroom and bobby pins on floor by bed. They had too small of pillow cases on the pillows and the dirty pillow hung out the end of the pillow case. The carpet had holes in it. The room really needs a fridge and microwave. It was disappointing that there was no continental when they advertised they had breakfast but that is in the restaurant and you had to pay for it. We left out room at 1130 and ask front desk to let housekeeping know we would be gone the rest of day and would like our room cleaned. We returned at 10 pm and room had not been cleaned. They brought us up clean towels. The hotel is on the outskirts of town. With the amount of other hotels in the area I would suggest that the manager improve things if they plan to compete for business with the other hotels. I was overall disappointed with this hotel. I thought I was getting a good last minute deal on Expedia but I really did not this hotel is over priced.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. It was disheartening to read your review regarding issues with our Housekeeping. We strive to provide clean facilities for all our guests and seems we fell short of this during your stay. We did have a meeting with our Housekeeping department to see where we went wrong as we do double check each of our rooms prior to the next guest arriving.

Again, we are sorry for this unpleasant experience during your stay and would love to be able to redeem ourselves by welcoming you back and providing excellent service at our fresh new facilities.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My room was ok!! However the bathroom was nasty like it had never been cleaned!! I took pictures to show front desk... You should never feel dirty after taking a shower let alone while in the shower!! Coffee is not complimentary like most hotels so plan on spending $2.50 for a coffee that's just ok!!

Stayed September 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your observations. We appreciate your comments, negative or positive, to improve upon and expand our services. Please accept my apologies for the service issues with your room. We aim to exceed all our guest expectations - especially cleanliness of our facility and I am sorry that this was not your experience.  I have made changes to our current Housekeeping policies so that we do not repeat what you experienced in the future. We do hope you give us another chance and stay with us again when you return to the North Charleston area.

Charleston Plaza Hotel

Been to Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!