“Don't be fooled by hotel lobby!!” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Charleston Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Charleston Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 58 hotels in North Charleston
“Don't be fooled by hotel lobby!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My room was ok!! However the bathroom was nasty like it had never been cleaned!! I took pictures to show front desk... You should never feel dirty after taking a shower let alone while in the shower!! Coffee is not complimentary like most hotels so plan on spending $2.50 for a coffee that's just ok!!

Stayed September 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your observations. We appreciate your comments, negative or positive, to improve upon and expand our services. Please accept my apologies for the service issues with your room. We aim to exceed all our guest expectations - especially cleanliness of our facility and I am sorry that this was not your experience.  I have made changes to our current Housekeeping policies so that we do not repeat what you experienced in the future. We do hope you give us another chance and stay with us again when you return to the North Charleston area.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was perfect for a night on the outskirts of Charleston when driving in late. The room was clean and quiet and had everything we needed. We left early to get to the beach and then we stayed in the downtown area the rest of the weekend. No complaints and the location was close to the outlet mall and a few restarants.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with other online viewers. I was so pleased to read your review and glad you enjoyed your recent trip to the Charleston area. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As other reviewers have said, you get what you pay for. Nothing in this hotel is particularly bad, it's clean, the room we got (a suite) was spacious and the bed comfortable. However, it really lacks in attention to the little things - stains on the rugs, a tub spout that leaks profusely (the water it wastes probably costs more than what it would cost them to repair it), dirty tile grout in the bathroom, very noisy A/C, etc. I can't recommend it, but I suppose that if you're on a tight budget it's not all that bad.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. I appreciate your feedback and would like to share that we are in the final stages of our hotel's renovation arrangements. We would love for you to return and enjoy our newly refreshed hotel. Thank you again and hope to see you back soon!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although we knew this hotel was a bit aged it was neat and clean. I think that it's interesting that we love old world charm and looks but we don't let anything get older anymore. Anyway, the staff was very nice and welcoming from the phone call to make the reservation until we left. I thought that there was something wrong with the AC until I told the staff and they informed me that the unit is controlled from a thermostat on the wall. Not on the unit as I assumed. Getting downtown was a snap off 26 to Meeting Street. Eight to ten minutes. There is also a nice strip of stores and restaurants closer to the hotel on E. Montague St. just four or five minutes away. There are no pet fees but they take a $150.00 pet deposit and you have to sign a pretty severe damage waiver which I don't object to. At any rate they basically have a laissez faire approach to pets. Doris (the same woman who took our reservation) called every day to check on us. And when she found out that it was my wife's birthday they sent cake up to our room.
I don't think you could expect any better for the money. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza for your recent stay and for giving us your positive feedback. It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay and am proud of my staff, especially Doris, who took care of your needs. We try to make everyone feel like family. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again soon.

Cape Town, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here just before going on the Carnival Fantasy. The hotel is an average 3 star hotel, clean and neat. Our room was nice, but the bathroom needed some TLC.
This is a nice one night hotel on the way somewhere, nothing more nothing less.
But the Staff were amazing, from our driver that picked us up at the airport, who was chatty and told us all about Charleston and the history. The Reception staff were super friendly and smiley, they look you in the eye and smile, like a TV ad. So all thumbs up for them all. Great staff makes a big difference.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I will share your wonderful comments with my staff and thank them for their hard work they put in daily. I do hope you have a chance to return back and experience our newly renovated and up dated facilities soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was so happy to have gotten a 3 star hotel for $85. However, only one part of that statement is actually true. I did pay $85 before taxes. OLD, OLD, OLD. Wall paper coming apart at the seams, literally. My room had a big white patch that had not been painted. Carpets in the room were really stained and in some places, the paint was ooops'd onto the carpet. Walls, ceilings, carpets, furniture and about everything is stained. In the hallways, the trim has spills all over it, again, the wall paper is coming apart.

On the plus side, the main lobby is very nice, however, they refuse to work past that area.

The room was clean and in decent shape, I would rate it a 1.5 - 2 star, but 3 stars is a lie.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. I agree with you regarding your observation of our facility needing a revamping and updating. I am happy to share that we are in our final stages of design and renovation plans and will be starting the process really soon. I would love for you to be able to experience firsthand the finished product and enjoy the refreshed facilities in the near future. Please let my office know of your plans as I would like to see to your reservation details. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My mom booked this hotel through the name your price on Priceline for $90 (which by the way I would never recommend doing). Anyways I was presently surprised... My bedspread was a little dirty and the AC had one freezing setting, but other than that the beds were comfortable and the rest of the room was clean.
I would definitely only stay here if you have a car. The shuttle to the city is $10 a person. However, parking in Charleston was surprisingly easy and inexpensive ($12 for the whole day).
So if you're looking for an inexpensive and comfortable place to stay outside the city I would recommend this place, but don't expect anything more than that!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your most recent stay in the North Charleston area. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to a new refreshed hotel in the near future.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!