“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Charleston Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Charleston Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #39 of 58 hotels in North Charleston
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Although we knew this hotel was a bit aged it was neat and clean. I think that it's interesting that we love old world charm and looks but we don't let anything get older anymore. Anyway, the staff was very nice and welcoming from the phone call to make the reservation until we left. I thought that there was something wrong with the AC until I told the staff and they informed me that the unit is controlled from a thermostat on the wall. Not on the unit as I assumed. Getting downtown was a snap off 26 to Meeting Street. Eight to ten minutes. There is also a nice strip of stores and restaurants closer to the hotel on E. Montague St. just four or five minutes away. There are no pet fees but they take a $150.00 pet deposit and you have to sign a pretty severe damage waiver which I don't object to. At any rate they basically have a laissez faire approach to pets. Doris (the same woman who took our reservation) called every day to check on us. And when she found out that it was my wife's birthday they sent cake up to our room.
I don't think you could expect any better for the money. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cape Town, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here just before going on the Carnival Fantasy. The hotel is an average 3 star hotel, clean and neat. Our room was nice, but the bathroom needed some TLC.
This is a nice one night hotel on the way somewhere, nothing more nothing less.
But the Staff were amazing, from our driver that picked us up at the airport, who was chatty and told us all about Charleston and the history. The Reception staff were super friendly and smiley, they look you in the eye and smile, like a TV ad. So all thumbs up for them all. Great staff makes a big difference.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was so happy to have gotten a 3 star hotel for $85. However, only one part of that statement is actually true. I did pay $85 before taxes. OLD, OLD, OLD. Wall paper coming apart at the seams, literally. My room had a big white patch that had not been painted. Carpets in the room were really stained and in some places, the paint was ooops'd onto the carpet. Walls, ceilings, carpets, furniture and about everything is stained. In the hallways, the trim has spills all over it, again, the wall paper is coming apart.

On the plus side, the main lobby is very nice, however, they refuse to work past that area.

The room was clean and in decent shape, I would rate it a 1.5 - 2 star, but 3 stars is a lie.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. I agree with you regarding your observation of our facility needing a revamping and updating. I am happy to share that we are in our final stages of design and renovation plans and will be starting the process really soon. I would love for you to be able to experience firsthand the finished product and enjoy the refreshed facilities in the near future. Please let my office know of your plans as I would like to see to your reservation details. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel is dirty and disgusting..... I paid 140 for the night but it was like staying at a $30 rat motel... Floors were stained.... Counters were disgusting.... I would highly recommend you to stay somewhere else

• Stayed August 2014
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My mom booked this hotel through the name your price on Priceline for $90 (which by the way I would never recommend doing). Anyways I was presently surprised... My bedspread was a little dirty and the AC had one freezing setting, but other than that the beds were comfortable and the rest of the room was clean.
I would definitely only stay here if you have a car. The shuttle to the city is $10 a person. However, parking in Charleston was surprisingly easy and inexpensive ($12 for the whole day).
So if you're looking for an inexpensive and comfortable place to stay outside the city I would recommend this place, but don't expect anything more than that!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your most recent stay in the North Charleston area. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to a new refreshed hotel in the near future.

Dawsonville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a very comfortable stay! The staff was wonderful. It was a terriffic value for the area.... location was central to everything we needed. Would definitely stay again! Especially appreciated having an INDOOR POOL, as inclement weather didn't prevent being able to do my water movements for medical necessity! Breakfast needed a bit more effective 'management' but the servers tried to please. There was a HS reunion going on in the evening, so the lobby was very busy, and the parking was way, way too sparce (even having Handicapped Tag - it was very difficult to find a spot anywhere near the entrance, plus I mecessitate an electric scooter, which can't go in rain) so this created a major challenge. Do need MORE handicapped designated spots at the entrance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel and for sharing your feedback online. It is always pleasing for a General Manager to read that a guest was very satisfied with their accommodations, facilities and helpful staff. I am sorry about the issues you had with parking. Next time you visit I'll make sure this will be taken care of for you. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Omg...please do not ignore the reviews people. My husband and I choose this place as a last minute resort. We feel cheated we paid over 400+ for two nights to stay on the 'Club floor' and thank God for that. From the time we entered the building (around 12am) the lobby was having a full fledged family reunion party. The lobby is gorgeous but the rooms are a nightmare. Low budget, no toilet paper, blood stains on white comforter, walls thin as ice. We heard every door shut, toilet flush and people yelling and banging on doors. The staff was avarage. No Free Breakfast and the food is expensive. Last but not least the day off check out a guy was at the counter showing his bed bug bites to the staff....uughhhh horrible. Please take note....do not believe the positive reviews. I personally think that muggy sweaty industrial located place need to be shut down.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your resent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your unpleasant experience. I truly appreciate your honest feedback. We have the pleasure of a very diverse cliental and truly enjoy hosting their events and creating memorable experiences for many different group dynamics. I understand how this may overwhelm an individual traveler. I have alerted the Housekeeping Manger to the defects you experienced in your guest room. We take pride in our hotel and want to be certain corrective measures are taken to consistently provide a clean comfortable room for our guests. I also wanted to assure you that the hotel has a pest management company that treats the property and rooms on a regular basis. I have also read your comments and concerns regarding the condition of our facilities and I am excited to report that we are in the final stages of design and renovation plans for a full refresh of our facility. I would love for you to be able to experience firsthand the finished product and enjoy the refreshed facilities in the near future. Please let my office know of your future plans as I would love to welcome you back and showcase our new facility.

Warmest Regards,
Charleston Plaza Hotel

Been to Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!