“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Charleston Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Charleston Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Ranked #39 of 58 hotels in North Charleston
Columbus, Ohio
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My mom booked this hotel through the name your price on Priceline for $90 (which by the way I would never recommend doing). Anyways I was presently surprised... My bedspread was a little dirty and the AC had one freezing setting, but other than that the beds were comfortable and the rest of the room was clean.
I would definitely only stay here if you have a car. The shuttle to the city is $10 a person. However, parking in Charleston was surprisingly easy and inexpensive ($12 for the whole day).
So if you're looking for an inexpensive and comfortable place to stay outside the city I would recommend this place, but don't expect anything more than that!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your most recent stay in the North Charleston area. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to a new refreshed hotel in the near future.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dawsonville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a very comfortable stay! The staff was wonderful. It was a terriffic value for the area.... location was central to everything we needed. Would definitely stay again! Especially appreciated having an INDOOR POOL, as inclement weather didn't prevent being able to do my water movements for medical necessity! Breakfast needed a bit more effective 'management' but the servers tried to please. There was a HS reunion going on in the evening, so the lobby was very busy, and the parking was way, way too sparce (even having Handicapped Tag - it was very difficult to find a spot anywhere near the entrance, plus I mecessitate an electric scooter, which can't go in rain) so this created a major challenge. Do need MORE handicapped designated spots at the entrance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel and for sharing your feedback online. It is always pleasing for a General Manager to read that a guest was very satisfied with their accommodations, facilities and helpful staff. I am sorry about the issues you had with parking. Next time you visit I'll make sure this will be taken care of for you. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Omg...please do not ignore the reviews people. My husband and I choose this place as a last minute resort. We feel cheated we paid over 400+ for two nights to stay on the 'Club floor' and thank God for that. From the time we entered the building (around 12am) the lobby was having a full fledged family reunion party. The lobby is gorgeous but the rooms are a nightmare. Low budget, no toilet paper, blood stains on white comforter, walls thin as ice. We heard every door shut, toilet flush and people yelling and banging on doors. The staff was avarage. No Free Breakfast and the food is expensive. Last but not least the day off check out a guy was at the counter showing his bed bug bites to the staff....uughhhh horrible. Please take note....do not believe the positive reviews. I personally think that muggy sweaty industrial located place need to be shut down.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your resent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your unpleasant experience. I truly appreciate your honest feedback. We have the pleasure of a very diverse cliental and truly enjoy hosting their events and creating memorable experiences for many different group dynamics. I understand how this may overwhelm an individual traveler. I have alerted the Housekeeping Manger to the defects you experienced in your guest room. We take pride in our hotel and want to be certain corrective measures are taken to consistently provide a clean comfortable room for our guests. I also wanted to assure you that the hotel has a pest management company that treats the property and rooms on a regular basis. I have also read your comments and concerns regarding the condition of our facilities and I am excited to report that we are in the final stages of design and renovation plans for a full refresh of our facility. I would love for you to be able to experience firsthand the finished product and enjoy the refreshed facilities in the near future. Please let my office know of your future plans as I would love to welcome you back and showcase our new facility.

Warmest Regards,
7hsjVK1qjfGSO08PriLhI2g60-9JBR3jkd7o-GfBDx4
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our car club has an annual convention each year in different parts of the country. This year it was Charleston. We make reservations well in advance and as a result, did not check the hotel out ahead of time. We just planned to stay where the action was. As the time drew closer for our meet, I got online and checked the place out. Some folks had some stories to tell! I was a bit apprehensive. But, in retrospect, I must say, it was not bad at all! The place was clean, the people were nice and the room was very nice. The staff took good care of us. For the money, you can't beat it. I think sometimes you have to put things in perspective, just what exactly do you expect for your money. I think maybe this place may have needed improvement in the past, but they are working on it now. The food in the lounge area was good. Try the shrimp and grits. The waiter was very entertaining. I think it makes a great place to stay on the way to a final destination. Very close to the interstate and plenty of places to shop. Try a place called Park Pizza if you get a chance. It is nearby, very unassuming looking place, (you wouldn't think it had anything going on) but the pizza was fantastic. I guess with all this, what I am saying is, you just never know what you might find if you go around with your nose stuck straight up all the time!!!

Room Tip: Be realistic with your expectations. They had a very nice pool by the way with plenty of towels.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel. It was wonderful for me to read that you enjoyed our facilities and our staff's exceptional service.Thank you again for sharing your comments online and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your group again.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came to this hotel for a short visit to meet with family. We were all more interested in catching up with each other and seeing Charleston than a hotel, but this place ended up exceeding all expectations based on the price. The rooms were comfortable, particularly the beds, and the tv was large and crisp. As others have noted, the rooms could use a fresh coat of paint, but they were clean. This is by no means a bad hotel to stay at, as some of the reviews here had led me to believe. I will stay here again for future visits and look forward to coming back.

I'm giving this hotel an excellent rating because the staff was exceedingly professional and patient when my party ended up having to extend our stay due to an unexpected car repair. Everyone at that hotel, from the front desk to the waitstaff to the management, were so helpful and really wanted us to enjoy ourselves. Employees were even giving us recommendations for mechanics! This hotel has a great group of employees and it made all the difference when the vacation turned into a stressful car repair waiting game. Can't say enough about the Plaza.

Room Tip: The club level doesn't offer too much more than standard rooms at this point, although managemen...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Plaza Hotel for your most recent stay. It was a pleasure reading your comments praising the staff for the service they provided. They work very hard to make every guests stay wonderful and I will share your feedback with them which will be very encouraging for them to hear. Thank you again and please come back and stay with us at our new facilities on a future trip to North Charleston .

Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the hotel through Priceline.com- we named our price. I was a little concerned about the hotel when we were awarded the price.

We went to our room after checking in only to find a guy laying on the bed watching tv- awkward. We returned to the front desk and got "sorry".

The next room was empty (we made sure to lock the door to avoid visitors). Room is a little dated. It looks like they started renovations but didn't follow through...a flat screen tv and newer bathroom counter but the air conditioner is insanely loud, paint chipping from the bathroom ceiling and bathroom door and we have a popcorn ceiling.

We're paying $105/night for a 3.5 star hotel (Trip Advisor)/ 3.0 stars on Priceline but would have preferred to have stayed at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Charleston Plaza Hotel and sharing your comments with us. We are aware of the condition of our facilities and could not have agreed more. I am happy to announce that we are in our final stages of our renovation arrangements and will be starting the project soon. I would love to be able to welcome you back soon and experience first hand our refreshed and renewed facilities. Please let my office know of your future plans as I would love to welcome you back and showcase our new facility.

Charleston Plaza Hotell
spartanburg, sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

If you are expecting the looks of the lobby to flow through to the rooms, you will be very disappointed!this picture is our bathtub. I didn't take more pictures because I just needed to stop, go to bed and check out in the a.m. With so many choices in North charleston, you should not stay at this property!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We sincerely apologize for falling short of providing you with the freshest accommodations during your stay. As for the condition of our hotel, we are happy to share that we will soon be underway with our renovations. We are waiting for last final detail approvals, and permitting etc. We will be fully renovating the entire hotel including our sleeping rooms, public areas and meeting rooms. It will be a state of the art facility once completed.

We would love the opportunity of welcoming you back soon to our newest facilities should your travels bring you back to the area.

Charleston Plaza Hotel

Been to Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!