“Old but great price hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel to your Saves list
InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly Sheraton Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Miami, Florida
“Old but great price hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Flew in for the Father's Day weekend to Charleston, SC. Made a reservation at the last minute. Got a great discounted rate of $89 as a aviation pilot. The hotel is only 15 minutes away from historic Charleston. The hotel is being renovated. Staff very friendly and clean rooms although they do need a facelift. Beds are ver comfortable. At this price would consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing. We are convenient to everything in Charleston and the scheduled shuttle service makes visiting our Holy City easy. Our staff is committed to show Southern Hospitality and truly appreciates your compliments.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

June 13th 2013

My husband and went on Priceline to bid on a hotel a day before our trip to Charleston, South Carolina and got stuck with the Sheraton Hotel. The worst ever! Stains on the wall, burns in the carpet, mildew smell, and no TV. This is not a 3 in a half nor a 3 star hotel. Try 1 star. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at the Sheraton in N Charleston, South Carolina.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback for improvement. We truly appreciate your honesty and are working hard to provide the product and service you expect.
Meriden, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed one night, while visiting Charleston. It's about a 5-10 minute drive into Historic Charleston. The front desk staff was very friendly, and most helpful in giving us maps and information on Charleston.
We are SPG members, so our room was on the Club Floor. It is clearly an old hotel, that has been renovated. The room was a bit worn, but was a good size. The bathroom was tiny, as are most older hotels. The exhaust vent was filled with dust/lint. Very gross, and obviously it did not work, so the bathroom was dripping wet after a shower. The beds were comfortable.
We had access to the Club Lounge, which had evening Hors D'oeuvres and drinks available. That evening, they offered a vegetable tray with dip, and meatballs, covered in a sweet sauce. The veggies were okay, we passed on the meatballs. Soda and water were available. Beer, wine and other spirits were available to purchase.
Breakfast was to be included in the Club Lounge as well, but in the morning, a sign was on the door, directing you to the lobby where you would be given a coupon for the restaurant. We received our coupon for breakfast, which was a continental breakfast, meaning any cold item from the restaurants buffet. It wasn't even worth the wait. It was almost 5 minutes before we were even seated. The restaurant was not very clean, the tables and chairs were in need of replacement, as was the wall paper. There was not much of a selection. A few different cereals, a bowl of fruit, and a small basket of muffins, that had fruit flies flying all around them. The milk was empty, and they were down to 1 yogurt. The gnats, or fruit flies were also flying around the room. Needless to say, we did not eat much, and were eager to leave.
There is an outdoor pool. But we did not go out to it. It is an easy off, easy on from I-26.
I would say the room was okay, just go elsewhere for dining.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we value your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest. Your feedback for improvement has been shared with the Food & Beverage team for immediate consideration.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is old and shows it. The walls desperately need paint, especially on the hallway floors and the carpet is nasty and needs replaced asap. Do not plan to stay here again. The staff, however, was nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are diligently working to improve the areas you mention and appreciate the time you took to share. We are very proud of our team and the level of hospitality they show our guests.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Very personable and he made us feel welcome. Very memorable person and we left the van with smiles for sure. In the 10 minute ride we were offered cold water, and given a general outline of the area. He is an asset to this hotel. Thanks Percy.

• Stayed June 2013
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank You! Percy truly edifies Southern Hospitality! We are so pleased to have him on our team. Thanks again for sharing the compliments!
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Generally a nice hotel. We both wished there were some closer food options (we were car-less) but the staff was all very nice. We picked it because of the proximity to the airport and the shuttle and we were not disappointed about that. Quick drive over and off we went.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Susan V, Execitive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do offer complimentary shuttle transportation within a three mile radius of the hotel and there are several dining options locally. We are so happy to know that you were pleased with our service and Southern hospitality.
Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A few glitches, but generally better in service this time. I stayed for a couple of nights. The first night I microwaved a cup of water for tea, but the microwave shorted out. I was up late, and the burnt smell would not subside, so the front desk clerk offered to move me, and did help me move to another room. She was prompt and courteous. The gentleman that checked me in was very nice with a pleasant disposition. The breakfast was good, and I enjoyed the fresh fruit selection. The bartender gave excellent service, and I had a nice appletini (for a change of pace). The wings there could benefit from a marinade, as someone else commented, they were not good, not bad.

I still think the Sheraton could do better with the safe service at the front desk, because when I went to put my laptop (since I cannot leave it in the car in the heat), the front desk clerk had an issue finding a key to open the safe for it. She said, "I can't find the key." I made it clear that I had an appointment I had to get to, which I did, and I had not anticipated a delay in that service. I believe it should be smoother, and you should be able to accomplish this in a couple of minutes, without delays. On the day of checkout, my blow dryer in the room did not work. I was concerned about checking out late, and waited for another dryer, but I was allowed to stay a bit longer, because of that problem. Though I called the front desk, I ended up having to ask a maid in front of another room for a blow dryer.

I was pleasantly surprised when the bellman remembered me, and where I am from.
I would say that I cannot give it a perfect rating, but I will upgrade it to very good. Though there were maintenance issues, these things happen. The coordination of the keys for the safes at the front desk should be more seamless. I would stay here again because the room is comfortable, and the convenience of the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for giving us “another try” we appreciate the opportunity to regain your trust in the Sheraton Charleston. Your feedback for improvement has been shared with the front office team.
Sue V.

Been to InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!