“Nice hotel stay .. . .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel to your Saves list
InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4770 Goer Dr., North Charleston, SC 29406 (Formerly Sheraton Charleston Airport Hotel)   |
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Nice hotel stay .. . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is my second time staying here.. . this is a standard sheraton with club lounge option.

I was greeted by a pleasant young man Mr Reyes who was friendly and attentive; he placed me in a club lounge room and acknowledged my SPG Gold status. ..pleasure to deal with. The hotel is located to a nice outlet shopping center (Tanger Outlets) and is about 10-15 minutes away from Charleston. I had lived in Charleston before and it is great city but hotel prices are very high and this is good option to drive into town and the close proximity to airport helps espec if you have early am depature.

The hotel itself is standard Sheraton fare with club lounge (which i recommended) there is a pool and restaurant and bar. . . it isnt luxurious however it is inexpensive option for visiting an expensive city.

Room Tip: stay in club lounge... .as there are complementary drinks and snacks
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. Mr. Reyes is a wonderful team member. We are proud to have him with us. The location of the hotel is convenient to just about everything in Charleston and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My Mom & I stayed here for a long weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was very convenient to shopping, restaurants, and Historic Charleston. We felt very safe in this location and eventhough it was on I-26 our room was very quiet. The entire property is non-smoking which is always a plus. There is a restaurant on-site. The beds were comfortable and there are seveal pillows for each bed. The bathroom has lots of counter space and a hot shower.A fridge would be a nice addition to the room. We would not hesitate to stay at the Charleston Sheraton again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing. Moniker Restaurant is convenient and serves some wonderful "Low Country" cuisine. The Sheraton Sweet Sleepers are a guest favorite, we do offer fridges and microwaves for a small fee to make your travel easier. Thanks again for posting.
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not child friendly

A very nice hotel, but if you are traveling with children you should note this hotel chooses not to include in its TV lineup any PBS station. So no Big Bird, no Sesame Street, and none of the other quality children's programs. Of course it does have the Cartoon Network.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. We value the feedback for improvement for your travel needs.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

A nice modern hotel located convenient to airport. Greented by friendly and helpful staff. Did have a problem when we checked into our room: the sliding mirrored closet door was off it's hinges and the faucet knob in the bathroom came off when we used it. Staff was very apologetic and helpful, providing us a different room. Everything from that point was positive with a quality stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing and allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concerns during your visit. We trust the offered room met your expectations. Thanks again for posting and we hope to see you again.
With Warmest Regards,
Clayton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just returned from four nights. Unfortunately, based on the recent reviews below, my experience is apparently typical, although I expected more from Sheraton. I have had better at 2-star hotels. Check in was a breeze, the desk clerk was cheerful and helpful. No problem with my reservation or getting a room with two beds (which we could not select in advance because our reservations were prepaid and discounted). The rooms were nice. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was lovely. Complimentary bottles of water were provided. Now for the bad. No refrigerator, so I had to keep refilling the ice bucket to keep my medication refrigerated. The curtains did not block out the morning light. When we returned to our room at 4:30 in the afternoon the day after check-in, the room had not been made up and the chambermaid was gone. After we called the desk, the head of housekeeping came right up to the room and offered to have the room made up immediately, which we refused because we were resting before going out to dinner. When we returned later that evening the room had been made up and there was a letter from the head housekeeper profusely apolgizing for the mishap, which she said was unacceptable service. I agree. Included in the envelope were two free breakfast passes, each worth a maximum of $14.50, which we thought was an appropriate gesture. The next morning we went to the breakfast room which was nearly empty, yet surprisingly the service was unduly slow. We had to wait 20 minutes for eggs, ham and coffee, which was served lukewarm. The hashbrowns were weak and the toast tasted like an asphalt shingle. The only thing that could have been worse would have been if we had to pay for this breakfast. As it was we had to add $5.00 each to cover tax, tip and the cost of the breakfast over and above the $14.50 pass. Yes, ham, eggs and coffee cost $16.50. Trust me, breakfast around the corner at Waffle House for $5.00 was far better in quality and service. There can be no justification for eating the overpriced breakfast at the
Sheraton. On our third day, we realized that the complimentary bottled water had not been replenished, so we called the desk to ask if we were supposed to receive the water every day. The desk clerk assured us that we were and had two bottles sent up to the room immediately. The next day, there was no water again. Nor was there a newspaper outside the door when we left on the room on Friday morning. When we asked the desk, we were told there is no paper on weekends, but there should have one on Friday. What a shame and a black mark on the Sheraton name. Next time i will read the Tripadvisor reviews before I book. Oh, by the way, the smell is definitely from a nearby paper plant - a major South Carolina industry - and blankets the whole area when the wind is blowing the wrong way, but its only outside.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback for improvement in Housekeeping and Moniker’s Restaurant. Your experience is important and your comments and observations have been shared with the departmental leaders. Thank you for taking the time to share.
With Warmest Regards.
Myrtle Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton at the end of August 2012. I thought it would be a good choice, due to its stars and its name. Though when I checked in, the front desk clerk was lovely with the accent, things went South after that. I do not think they had bellmen available. But, on to the more unusual aspects. I will not comment on the property itself, because the service was beyond outrageous. I was staying five nights, and after a couple of nights, even after confirmation of my reservation the first night, the desk "group" informed me that they lost my reservation, and I would have to cll the company I booked and paid for it through online. Shock number 1. Then, another day a new employee could not find the key to open my laptop safe at the front desk. It took a good while for her to get that info from someone else, and I panicked, as I thought she may have lost the key, since she acted pretty clueless. Shock number 2.

Then, when I told the maid, I did not need service on one day, just to do the towels and trash, she threw away a large grocery bag of carefully purchased healthful snacks and nonperishable foods for my stay. (Including nuts, bars, and items from Whole Foods). The bag was on the microwave CART, not considered trash ! Trash is in the trash bucket or on the floor. That was Shock Number 3. I lost it.... I had never had any hotel, ever LOSE my 5 night reservation, after being there two nights !!! Never had someone look at you with panic, because they could not open the Laptop safe at the front desk, with your life on it !! Never, had a maid throw away perfectly good food, that was not cheap !!! I was miffed, and let it out at the Housekeeping manager. Because of a less than "enjoyable" stay, and because my food was chucked, I asked for them to buy me a meal in their restaurant, which they authorized. That meal, and that service was the most outstanding thing during my stay. So, yes, I recommend the food, and the server tried extra hard to be pleasant, after I told her what happened.

I was in Charleston area for specific meetings, and had important paperwork to do also, along with some pleasure too. I sent an important FAX from the Hotel desk, and the attorney never received it, which I did not find out until more than a week later, even though the clerk said it went. That was Shock Number 4. All in all, I would have to say, I had extremely bad luck during my Sheraton Stay, and shady service. I really expected a higher standard of service and competence from the Sheraton. I was pleased to get compensated with a nice meal, but I was stunned overall. The fact they made me call the Internet company that I booked it through right there, instead of them calling them, after I had checked in a couple nights before, was absolutely humiliating. And then the front desk clerk had to talk to them on my cell phone. How do you lose a five night stay prepaid reservation ? My whole experience there was like a bad movie..... I could not wholeheartedly recommend this property, and though my experience could be completely different, if I tried it again, there is complete inconsistency in the quality of their staff. Even the lovely foreign born female that had checked me in the first day, was confused when I told her the night staff had lost my reservation. Talk about glitches. I often travel solo, but I try to be fair in my reviews. I have been in the Service industry and in retail management, so it is very important to me to feel that I am valued as a customer. Go elsewhere, where they appreciate your business, and they have a clue.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and contact the hotel to voice your concerns. It was a pleasure to speak with you and again our apologies for the less than memorable stay. We truly thank you for the feedback for improvement and are diligently working to correct the challenges you encountered.
With Warmest Regards,
okatie sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My one night here two days ago was terrible. Noticed a weird smell but went out for the evening and came back tired. Woke after three hours to a really bad smell and never slept again. The staff said it was a nearby paper mill, but in the morning there was no bad smell outside. Also the lighting in the room was too dim to read and the TV very hard to work. Kept trying to sell movies instead of going to TV mode. Only good point was the very comfortable bed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Susan V, Executive Assistant at InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing. Our apologies for the odor you encountered, we are just a few miles from a paper processing plant and the odor can be a challenge. Your comments about room lighting and television usage have been shared with the Engineering leadership. Thank you again for sharing and providing us feedback.
Warm Regards,
Sue V.

Been to InnPlace Charleston Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!