You added Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4831 Tanger Outlet Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had a nice room here. Had trouble opening the door while I stayed there. For some reason the door lock needed to be reprogrammed. The front desk was aware of it, but just told me to keep pulling the key in and out of the lock until it turned green, which took a few minutes every time I needed in the room. Pretty annoying, but aside from that, the hotel was nice, clean and modern. The breakfast down stairs was great! Really hit the spot, and the restaurant service was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you endured from your door lock. Please know that your comments will be reviewed with our management team so we may find ways to make improvements. We sincerely hope you will consider a future stay with us as we look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tampere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, close to the airport. The rooms are very well equiped, but I had a ground floor room, and the blind did not want to roll up or down. The solution to this was'here we use this stationary clip - roll it up and clip it' this worked, but was hardly the solution to the problem, especially asI was staying for a few days.
The disapointing thing for me was the service. For a hotel of this status (and price) I was expecting more. When I informed the front desk that I had laundry to be collected (as stated on the document) I was told that I had better bring it quick to get it in......this an hour before the schedule said.
Then later that evening when I returned to my room, I phoned reception enquiring about my laundry - only to be told that I had to come collect this myself. I am not lazy, but this is not a high standard of service.
The other thing is - even though I had booked my accomodation including b-fast (coupons), the staff at the breakfast area, where rather persisitant in pointing out that even though i had a voucher, this did not include the tip, for which she does very little anyway.....it was self service buffet most days.
The hotel itself is very mordern etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for letting us know of your recent experience with the Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention and apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced. We strive to consistently provide superior service and your comments are important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests such as yourself enables us to target problem areas and improve our guest service. We do hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Charleston area; our vision is to provide you the best guest experience possible and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

after a long day of unnecessary travel, the airline, which made the error ,gave me a hotel voucher for the night.i had not slept all day, so i didn't care what the hotel looked like; i just needed a bed. but i just knew the hotel would be some rinky-dinky no name place. i didn't care; at least it wasn't the airport floor.
when the shuttle came to pick me up from the airport, i was in very low spirits and feeling very discouraged. your courteous concierge Horace was very understanding. he shared some very encouraging words with me that lifted my spirits. upon taking me to the hotel, my jaw was on the floor. as i walked in, the beautiful decorum made me feel welcome. because i am a PC member, i received a free perk. when i walked into my room, i was in awe. so much so that i made a video of the gorgeous suite and posted it on a social media page, noting that this hotel is 'very grown & sexy'. i also posted several pictures as well. about 45 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. it was the person who check me in at the front desk (sorry...i forgot his name). he stated that Horace had purchased dinner for me and also instructed him to give me a complimentary breakfast card as well. i was so grateful for his generosity.
i am already looking forward to returning to Charleston and staying here again, on my own dime. i hope to see the two people that helped me that evening, as they were a God send. all of the staff was really nice and helpful. and really made me believe in the kindness of strangers.

Room Tip: they have a Quiet Floor: no loud noise! i appreciated that after the day i had.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for you kind review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough day, but am glad that our team could turn it around for you! I will make sure to share your kind words with Horace and team. Thank you for the photos also! As a Priority Club Member, we truly appreciate it!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here recently for a single night, mid-week as I was in town for business. The staff was very welcoming upon my arrival and helpful. The gentleman who checked me in offered to setup a wake-up call before I even thought of it. The hotel decor is modern and tasteful.

I had a nice dinner at the hotel bar and was very pleased with the food. The Chicken Bog is delicious.

The rooms are nicely appointed, although the lighting was a bit dim even with all the lights on the in the room. It was nice and dark with them all off which I prefer when I sleep. The door for the bathroom is heavy and slide on rails which makes a bit of noise when opening and closing.

One big nit is the thermostat for the climate controls makes a clicking noise when it cycles on and off. As it is located on the wall directly in front of the bed I ended up turning the system off before I went to sleep. Luckily the weather was amenable to not running it as I could see it being a problem in the hot weather if you are disturbed by strange noises. It didn't look like a cheap thermostat, but I hate to see noisy appliances used in an otherwise quiet room.

The bed springs were also a bit noisy but didn't bother me in the night. The bed was comfortable.

Nice flat screen TV in the room with lots of connections for laptops, iPhones, etc. This hotel is a good choice for business travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and feel you received great service. That is something we take pride in and strive to make it better each day so we appreciate your feedback. I will make sure to share your comments about the thermostat with our Chief Engineer and see if he can take care of the clicking noise. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

What a beautiful Crowne Plaza with most amazing rooms.

I stayed here for 2 nights and I now know where I will always stay when visiting North Charleston!

The room was clean, internet was fast, water pressure was great, location is tucked nicely beside a shopping outlet with lots of restaurants.

I have zero complaints about this hotel. I was even greeted nicely as a Platinum Priority Club member!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great location, close to airport, Visitor's Centre and outlet shopping. Not close to downtown. Well maintained, with clean, comfortable rooms. Rooms were quiet, with abundant supplies. Staff members were very professional. Restaurant is excellent! Free shuttle service to the airport was since touch, too! Just beware - tile floors in the bathrooms are cold, and hot water can be really slow to start.

• Stayed November 2012
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I travel in and out of Charleston 3 or 4 times a year. I have two hotels that I really liked but I hadn't tried the Crowne Plaza yet, so this trip I took a chance. I was pleased with the choice. It is very convenient to several dinner choices, right next to the Walmart and Outlet mall, and relatively easy ingress/egress, all important considerations for a business traveller.

The public areas are nicely appointed, a friendly little bar in the lobby area, and a nice looking restaurant (i didn't eat there). The room I had was a larger king with a nice seating area, Flat screen TV with A/V inputs, and a refrigerator in the room. My only real complaint with the whole hotel is there is no area to enjoy a drink and cigar. I like to unwind with a glass of wine and cigar in the eveneing and a nice public area outside with some tables, umbrellas and access to the bar is a real plus for me.

PROS:
Large Clean room
Easy access to Interstate
Easy access to Airport
Lot's of Food nearby (Try the sushi at the Sake House)
Shopping Nearby
New, Modern Decor

Cons
No outside areas for relaxing with a drink and socializing
No pool
A little difficult to locate

I would reccomend this hotel to those who are business travellers, but I think I'll stick to my two favorites.

Room Tip: Get room X40 on any floor for a great room. Try the "Out of Control Roll" at the Sake hous...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Irloyal,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us! We are glad you chose to stay with us on this trip to Charleston.

We do regret that you missed our pool area as we have a lovely outdoor patio area with a double sided fireplace and comfortable seating that would be perfect for relaxation at the end of the day with a glass of wine and a cigar. It is with high hopes that the next time you return to Charleston, you will consider staying with us once more and contact me personally for reservations and a tour of the hotel to make sure you don’t miss a thing on your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Hollydawn
Hollydawn.Channer@interstatehotels.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center? Share your experiences!