“A week of business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center

You added Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4831 Tanger Outlet Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland
“A week of business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel deserves the trip advisor award that is sitting proudly in their foyer. I flew into Charletson for a week of business. Right from the start the staff had already been thinking ahead and because I was there for a week placed me in a larger room on the ground floor with a kitchenette and quick access to the dinning room and foyer and external doors to my car.

I had not arranged a meeting room in advance but upon asking the private dinning room was quickly transformed into a meeting room for 4 (can hold up to 8 comfortably), the room had a TV which I was able to connect my laptop to and use for my presentations.

The staff served us each day in the meeting room, from drinks, to food and technical support as needed. The sales staff were very helpful and constantly made sure everything was just right for my meetings. I even met the general manager who again understood the need to serve his clients.

There is free Internet throughout the hotel, high speed and good reception.

We used the laundry facilities as we were there a week, they were easy to use and you can buy the laundry power in the small store in the reception.

The restaurant has the best She-crab soup and the staff are very polite and helpful. Breakfast was good and the room has about 10 televisions in it so you can watch whatever channel you want while eating breakfast. Room service was good and the food portions were huge.

The foyer is very comfortable and good for meeting clients or interviewees for the first time.

We had a car and were able to park it right outside our window for free.

This hotel met all my expectations of a good airport hotel. It is not meant to be a holiday destination but knows its market is the business traveller and looks after them well. I will be using this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: We were in room 104 and it was right near the exit to our car, if you are there for an extended stay...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us; we strive to provide excellent service to ensure a wonderful stay that each guest deserves. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in Charleston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at two hotels during my visit to Charleston: Crowne Plaza and Mills House Hotel. Mills House Hotel wins on location (can't beat being in the middle of everything downtown Charleston), but Crowne Plaza rooms are almost twice as large as the ones at Mills House and parking is free.

The decor was very modern and all the A/V / ipod/ usb plugs into the TV was nice. The room has a sitting area and a large bathroom. I used their workout room which was small but adequate--they mainly had treadmills and elliptical machines and a single all-in-one weight machine. The bar did get a little loud on the weekend and I was on the 3rd floor near the elevators. The lounge area downstairs is super nice but it never got really busy. The only problem I had during my stay was the bathroom door didn't latch since the door frame was offset from the door lock mechanism. I didn't want them to come fix it while I was there but I did let them know to fix it after I left.

Location of this hotel is literally right across the street from the outlet mall. There's not many restaurants near the hotel--mainly chains. It's very close to the airport and the convention center. Driving to downtown takes approximately 20 min. Overall nice hotel, more economical than staying downtown, but you'll do more driving to get to sightseeing and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, pick a room farther from the elevators and the atrium area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us! Your compliments and details our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and I will make sure to share your comments with my associates. We do hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in Charleston!
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I had a very short stay in Crowne plaza but it was a great experience. The hotel has a great look with excellent furniture and modern decoration. The room was spacious, very clean with an awesome bathroom and overlooking the main pool which was great. The hotel was very quiet with a relaxing atmosphere.The reception stuff were so helpful offering me a great room . The hotel has a good location close to the Tanger outlet with great and wide varities for shopping. Also you can take the hotel shuttle bus to go downtown Charleston and the market area only 15 minutes away. I can't wait to go back again ! Thanks Crowne plaza

• Stayed May 2012
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your review!! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and many of the amenities we have to offer. Hope you make it to Charleston again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I am a priority gold member, and I prefer to stay at this beautiful, earthy, modern boutique property. Yes, you get all the wonderful accomadations, what is impressive is the top notch level of focus on customer service. Domonique, Korey, Melody at the front desk take the time to ensure my request are handled with immediate attention to detail. The always happy shuttle drivers, welcome me with a genuine smile, ready to help. The thoughtful wait staff, remember my drink preferences, and make me feel at home, with great menu recommendations. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past month at this location. The customer service level is top notch.

• Stayed August 2012
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind reviews of your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Charleston! We appreciate you being a Priority Club member as well, and I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Though after a month away, I am sure you are ready to be home. However, we do hope to see you again the next time you are in Charleston!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

From the warm and inviting lobby, to the prestine emerald blue pool, to the cozy outdoor fireplace, this is the perfect environment to enjoy a perfect getaway! Their fluffy beds and luxe decor will temp you to let the day slip as you snuggle in bed. The staff-Korey, Melody, Dominique, Ronald, and the rest of the drivers, are fantastic. This is by far my favorite hotel! Well worth your time to slip in for a stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a lovely hotel, beautifully decorated with spacious guest rooms and comfortable beds. We loved the free wifi and in-room minifridge. An added plus - it's within walking distance of the Tanger Outlet Mall. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Our only quibble was some late-light noise from the atrium lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not adjacent to the atrium would be less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed some of the many amenities we offer and got to enjoy the outlets as well. We do hope to have you stay again the next time you are in Charleston!

P.S. Love the photo you posted of the atrium! Thanks!
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We got this for a very low rate on Priceline. Free transport to and from the airport, which was a big plus. Then, when we wanted to go to dinner locally at Jim and Nicks, they not only drove us there but picked us up after dinner, free of charge!!

The room was lovely-clean, well kept, spacious- and the pool was nice too. As an added bonus, we asked for, and received, free breakfast vouchers-- and it was a wonderful buffet meal. We were pleasantly surprised at every turn. My husband wished they had more cable TV channels, but the WiFI was free and at these prices who can complain?

Room Tip: The driver told us there was a baseball team scheduled to arrive during the evening but we never hea...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us! We are so glad you got to enoy many of the amenities we do offer and hope to see you again the next time you are in Charleston!

Been to Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center? Share your experiences!