“Had a great time in Charleston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center

You added Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4831 Tanger Outlet Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Georgia
“Had a great time in Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a good rate. I would highly recommend the upgrade to Club Level. The perks including continental breakfast was well worth it. The Concierge in the Club Lounge ensured we had a great time in Charleston with the recommendations of tours and restaurants. In fact, the staff throughout the hotel were extremely helpful. Give it a try!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

After a long day of travel from the west coast, this hotel was perfect! only a few easy to find minutes from the airport, this hotel has a great staff, wonderful open area bar and restaurant with wonderful southern food. The rooms are very well decorated, much more so than I would have expected. This hotel is a great way to start my vacation in South Carolina. Well done!

Stayed in room 340, checked out on 9/30/2011.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I just came back from my stay in Charleston and this hotel was great.From the time i checked in until i left i had nothing but great customer service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Duval Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza over labor day weekend for 3 days. We book a 2 queen executive room. It was located on the first floor. The room was decent looking with flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave. First the good; It's in a very nice location, had a nice bar area, and parking was pretty decent. Now the bad; The hotel is not sound proof on any level. You hear every door slam, TV show, and conversations of other guest. If you are a light sleeper don't stay there. Day 1: When we first entered our room we noticed a very dirty bathtub we reported it they sent someone to clean it promptly but when he left he still didn't clean it good. My husband actually went ahead and cleaned it himself. We also noticed the microwave (1980's style) was missing a knob we reported this issue nothing was done about it. After we resolved the tub issue we tried to use the toilet only to discover it was broken. We reported the issue then went out for a couple hours came back toilet was still broken don't know if they tried to fix it or not. My husband once again resolved issue himself and knew how to rig toilet to flush but it still ran all night had to keep door closed. At this point I wanted to leave but was afraid of paying a fee for leaving early because I booked on my credit card in advance. Day 2 we left hotel around 11 am didn't come back until around 7pm to our surprise when we arrived back the room it hadn't been cleaned. We called down and left to go to dinner when we arrived back we could tell someone came in and hastily and sloppily made the beds, they left no new towels, and nothing was cleaned or vacuumed. Day 3 I woke up early called down trying to get room service I was placed on hold for an extended period of time I finally got tired and hung the phone up we ended up just going to breakfast I don't know why I thought level of service would improve actually. When we came back to the room once again very late in the day we noticed it was hastily cleaned again no surfaces cleaned, nothing swept or vacuumed, no towels. While we were lying in the bed the housekeeper came in around 4:30pm she actually said "oh, I wasn't done cleaning your room" (I think obviously) she then says "I'll just bring you some towels" she comes throws the towels on a chair and says "I've been here all day it's I'm tired I need to be getting off" so I guess that's why our room was never cleaned she had better things to do. This hotel had potential it needs better service overall. I see they have been awarded 4 star status for 2012 and the whole time I was there I was thinking who did they bribe for that. Ive been in motel 6's that were better than that. I travel a lot and stay in many hotels this by far was the worse.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CathyMih, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

The rooms were modern and really nice. Bathrooms were spacious and the rooms were clean. Lobby is open as is atrium so you can look down from your floor into the lobby/bar area. We got a deal for $99 per night. Its a classy place and there was nary a toenail clipping or stray hair in sight...didn't need to break out the black light and gets a 5 on the hibbety scale for nice beds and soft sheets.
Mostly business people and couples.

• Stayed March 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Very neat hotel close to shopping. If you are a priority club platinum member, ask for a room number 225, 325,425,525. This room is huge with a nice tub and separate shower. It also overlooks the pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our room was more than we thought it would be. Lots of space, a work area, and a sitting area. NICE PLACE! Twice we asked the front desk for directions to area attractions, and both times they were able to produce turn-by-turn directions from the hotel to the attraction already preprinted on small pieces of paper. Very nice. This hotel is a place you would go to spend time AT the hotel (rather than just having a place to sleep.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center? Share your experiences!